Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 17

MAE ALL...

Lav...good job on avoiding the "murder mat" LOL So the light morning showers yesterday turned into a constant downpour and the forecast heavy rains overnight into this morning hasn't happened. I just know if I get dressed and go to the garden it will start to pour. Mother Nature is messing with me.

Pi...I believe there is going to be a lot of positive change as a result of this pandemic. Glad your yoga class is working for you. Many people including my doctor want me to start and I keep putting it off. This could be my positive change. I'm sure the Rx for pain and inflammation will help the foster pup a lot. I know when my inflammation acts up everything hurts. Yup, did learn a lot about the software and it also proved to my boss that I have actually been working. LOL

Pauly...I hear you about the "set schedule", it's what's missing in my life right now. Not being in my routine always does a number on me, even if it's just a 2 week vacation. I'm glad you're being very aware of your safety at work. You know the old saying "You cough to cover up a fart" now "You fart to cover up a cough" LOL

Mick...I feel your pain, hope you can recover your post. I know if I loose a post I just don't have the energy to retype it all. 29 degrees and left on your own...you can go crazy! Better not though, don't want to aggravate that bronchitis. Your yard and garden are looking ace, so much colour. One of these days I'll get there.

Det...hoping you can pop in give us an update soon.

Sam...have you gotten through the mud season yet? Hope all is going good for you.

TG...it would be nice to hear from you but I'm sure you've got enough on your plate. I'm grateful that Lav can keep us posted and know you're in my thoughts.

Time to actually do some work-work so have a great Hump Day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all - I am so very sorry that I haven't been able to pop over here to,tell you hello. There are many, many issues to deal with, and people to communicate with, and I just don't get here or FB very often.

But I want you to know that I am thinking of you every day, and someday you will be able to catch me up on all that has been going on with you.

I am always wishing you the best, and hoping, hoping that you all stay well.

I post daily on the Caring Bridge site... I imagine that you know that, so do pop over there for an update if you wish.

Hubs is still in the ICU, but after a couple of separate instances of scary stuff, he may,perhaps, be showing some slow signs of improvement.

Thank you for all your good wishes,
      TG

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Cyn, great to see you here. The news sounds better & hopeful. Keep taking care of yourself too please :hug:

Pie, the foster pup is lucky to have found you! Is it an older dog with arthritis or some young one with painful joints? I hope he (she) feels better soon.

Pauly, glad you’re following safety guidelines & staying as safe as possible
        I have actually had thoughts on what would I do if I found someone in need of CPR or the Heimlich maneuver during this pandemic. I assume I would just jump into saving mode but it’s scary.

Mick, maybe your post will make a crash landing after it’s circled the globe a few times, LOL

PQ, have you done something to piss off Mother Nature??? You know you really shouldn’t do that haha! The stupid weather is driving us all crazy. Heat on one day, AC on the next - weird to say the least. And it’s still windy as anything here! Despite that I’ve been out a few times trying to get some things pruned & weeds pulled.

Hello to Sam & Det! Hope everything is OK.

Still have some daylight so I should get back outside for a bit.
        Wishing everyone a decent night!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all....how are we today then?couldnt find the post .well a cooler day today ..it looks overcast ..mind you its only 0645 here ...another cracker over here ..Health Service workers from abroad who are in Britain..they are being told they will have to pay 627 pounds a year to use the health service for treatment...Boris was challenged on this and asked to scrap it ..he said no...despite his lifebeing saved by 2 nurses ..one from Portugal and one from New Zealand !!!!what a disgrace ...there are 15300 workers currently in the nhs who are migrant workers ..from cleaners and porters all the way through..yes wo do have a migration issue ..but it isnt as simple as that ..there is a social and lazy arse issue ..the call went out to pick the fruit and help the farmers...the British population wouldnt help out and they have had to get foreign workers in ..it says to me look at the social benefits system ..my today rant!!!!

hiya Lav ,hows you then?nice flowers..yep you are right azaleas etc dont last that long..I dont think there would be an issue if I saw someone choking or needed CPR ...the Heimlich manoeuvre no issue ,there is scope to keep your face out of the way ..with CPR its a bit different ...and your question made me think ...in my wallet Ive got a folded plastic carrier bag ..the lightweight ones...I keep it there just in case I had to do cpr as well as carrying shopping ..the benefits of being a tight arse jock!...a lesson I learned a long time .I think its about time to update it ..you can buy laerdal disposable masks on a key ring for pennies

this was social distancing in uk yesterday at the beaches .

article-2357797-1AB3BEAC000005DC-275_964x601.jpg

article-0-14EC3818000005DC-903_634x423.jpg

teegee ....lovely to see you ...thoughts and prayers are with you as always and look after yourself too ...big hugs

Det hows you mate ?hope that things are ok for you

hiya Pauly .how are you today then?went down the wrong way?haha ..its quite scary ,that someone potentially is choking ,and people watch because we are in a situation where people are scared to help you stay safe in the shop ..you and yours come first.

hiya ppqp...hows you today then? all well in Canadia...yep stick at it the garden will get there ..its surprising how quick too

right folks take care and have a good one

Post-lockdown chat up lines:
          * What disinfectant are you wearing?
          * Why don't we slip into something less protective?
          * Until I saw you, I was just bored stiff.
          * Why don't we get a Zoom?
          * My PPE? It's made of boyfriend material.
          * Would you handle my package if I left it outside for 2 days?
          * I have bog roll.

The Iceman cometh.

He totally ignored my 'No Cold Callers' sign.

If oral hygiene is so important why do dentists have plaques on their walls?

A student has discovered a toothless Dinosaur in Australia.
          A Spokesperson said.."We have advised Mr Corbyn to return home as soon as possible."

A policeman has been fired for stealing seven fry-ups from the works canteen in his first week of training.
          The chief constable who chaired the disciplinary panel was asked if the policeman had made any contribution towards the breakfasts and he replied, "No, not a sausage".

"it's amazing!" said my friend's facebook post. "Every morning while I'm eating my boiled egg for breakfast my shitzu comes in and sits on my shoulders!"

She's lucky. My Staffie comes in and shits on my soldiers.

I've written a song containing diet tips for the larger ladies.

It's called 'Big Girls, Don't Fry'.

The opposite of formaldehyde is casualdejeykll

Trump wasn't concerned about taking hydroxychloroquine when he was told that the only danger was it could turn him into a brain dead, fat orange clown ...

Isle of Wight residents have been using a new NHS contact-tracing app aimed at limiting the future spread of coronavirus by finding out if they've interacted with a COVID-19 sufferer.

So far it's only discovered they're all inbred.

Where do Russian muslims pray?

Mosque O.

pauly.......How to do the Heimlich maneuver - YouTube
          Last edited by Mick; May 21, 2020, 01:06 PM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn great to hear from you! Glad to hear there's hope for hubs' improvement Mick gorgeous flowers, I don't know how to do the heimlich manuever actually I forgot to tell you all that I nearly choked on chicken Saturday and hubs tried to do it on me, his technique sucked! It was a chunk of chicken breast just sort of lodged in there, finally working it out then some water but it was so scary! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday for us all
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Nice day here, outside time a little bit Rain coming the next 2 days, oh well.
              I guess this will be another holiday weekend with no gatherings or celebrations. Sad but a necessary evil right now.

Mick, we’ve added two pink hydrangea tubers out front along with some Dutch Iris bulbs & a purple Ground Orchid for some summer color in the future. Hope everything grows!!
              Good Heimlich video - if only the real victims were as tiny as choking Charlie . It’s hard to handle a large adult & do the maneuver accurately but it’s always worth a try.
              We have several towns around the area that depend on guest workers from Mexico & you probably know how they’re often treated. Humanity is in a sad state these days.

Pauly, I have saved a few choking kids, my nephew & my son by doiong the Heimlich. Watch that video a few times so you’re prepared in case your grandsons are choking. It’s muchg easier to perform on a kid, haha!

Hello to PQ, Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn. Thinking of all of you!

Have a nice night all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG....thank you so much for popping in while dealing with everything that's going on. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubs.

Lav...yup, she's really pissed off at me...it's trying to snow! Steady downpour of rain all day and it's only 39F!

Mick...if your post ever does show up remind it to quarantine for 14 days! OMG with that kind of social distancing you better not move off your driveway!! Had a video conference with boss and new software supplier today...it took 3 hours!!! Then boss wanted to video chat afterwards and that took another hour! I'm putting in for overtime.

Pauly...glad you're ok. I've had that happen to me too and it is scary! Hope everything is going ok at work.

Shout out to Det and Sam.

Trying a new pork chop recipe tonight, will let you know how it turns out. Stay safe everyone....:smile:PPQP

Comment

how are we all then?hope things are well ..this is bank holiday weekend...and yep the weather here is on the change ..woke up this morning ..blowing a real hooley outside ,and it blew the hutch cover off ...so at 3.28 am ..muggins went out and put the cover back on in the rainand its still blowing a hooley now ..

ok brew time

Hiya Lav ...hows you then?hope all is good ...Ive got a hydrangea in the front garden ,,,did you know that you can change the colour of it over time?you can turn it from pink to purple and then blue by adding lime to the soil ..or coffee dregs and grounds..you are right humanity is in a mess ..but peoples true colours are showing through you take care

hiya pauly hope you are good ...going on from yesterday...here is how to do the h m on children ..holes in the back are optional.!!take aquick look ..you never know ...and somewhere god forbid you need it at least you will have a nidea

Performing the Heimlich Maneuver on a Child or Infant - YouTube

hiya ppqp ..hope you are ok?4 hours on a video chat?really ..i take it that it wasnt your own personal bill that it will appear on ..I would suggest he pays for it !you take care ...

hiya everyone else ..have a nice weekend

Despite the current restrictions, my wife hasn't lost a step keeping up her physical training at home.

Today she demolished 40 sausages and says she's in her best form ever to go to Georgia next year for the world hot-dog-eating championship.

As a newly qualified vet, I’m now permitted to treat animals.

Tonight, I took a herd of cows out for drinks.

Nicola Sturgeon said Scotland can take the first cautious steps towards easing the draconian curbs from May 28.

As long as the outbreak remains under control, outdoor exercise will no longer be required.

A little known fact: Television was invented during the time of The Black Death.

Its creator abandoned the idea because he knew there'd be programmes about fck all else.

More Amazing but Useless Facts
                  When placed in warm milk, raisins re-plump into grapes.

The metal backs of iPods are made from recycled zippers.

Eskimos don’t believe in bridges or tunnels.

Every sixteen minutes, someone named Richard dies.

Billy Bob Thornton’s grandfather was the first person to own a television.

Dolphins kill more people annually than sharks and influenza combined.

On a dare, former President Rutherford B. Hayes declared war on Chile for 17 minutes.

The original title for Catcher in the Rye was Hey, Look, a Carousel!

Professionals call the top socket on an electrical outlet the “Martha,” and the bottom socket the “Jasmine.”

In the archives at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C., there are two identical snowflakes preserved in a freezer.

Three out of every ten nickels has been in someone’s mouth.

If you hold one nostril closed for 72 hours, you will slowly lose the ability to see color. (Your sight will instantly return to normal when you release your nostril.)

Wave a magnet at the lower left corner of a vending machine to receive a free soda.

The glossy paper from the backs of stickers can be used to soothe sunburn.

To be a train conductor, you have to cut off one of your own toes during a loyalty ritual.

The Z in Jay-Z’s name stands for “Zeppidemus.”

Jean shorts were invented three weeks prior to the invention of regular jeans.

Whispering instead of talking on cell phones saves significant battery power.

In Austria, the traditional Christmas colors are not red and greed, but purple and clear.

Benjamin Franklin coined the phrase “Baby Mama” in a satirical poem published in Poor Richard’s Almanac.

If you take the first letter of each word in the Monopoly board game instruction manual, they spell out an X-rated sentence.

The original name for the laptop computer was “Hinged Smart Slab.”

The average person inhales 3 pounds of spider webs in his or her lifetime.

When first introduced to the public, plastic laundry baskets cost $75 each.

Winnie the Pooh started out as a non-fiction account of mental illness.

Reading backwards for twenty minutes burns the same amount of calories as walking a half-mile.

The Q in Q-tips stands for “quantum,” as the small bit of cotton on the tip contains more atoms than the entire human body.

Revolving doors were first invented as a way to keep horses out of department stores.

Peru and the moon weigh the same amount.

Human beings and anteaters are the only animals that can snap their fingers.

If you soak a baseball hat in coke, and then let it dry on someone’s head, over a 3-hour period the hat will shrink with skull-denting force, causing intense pain and irreparable damage.

Clouds cannot travel south southwest.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick are those facts for realz or for fun? Interesting on the coffee grounds to change the color of the flowers, that's pretty cool PQ, 4 hours?!? I had a video appointment with the anxiety doc and was glad it was over in less than 40 minutes, my eyes go buggy quick looking at the screen for too long, Lav, are things opening up over there where you're at? One former member I talk to still is in NJ and says they're not opening much soon cuz the cases were extremely high there, this whole thing is still astounding to me nothing in particular just all of it, anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Total washout of a day here, rain & more rain. More due tomorrow as well.
                      Spent the afternoon baking bread to keep my brain from going comatose, haha.

PQ, over that 4 hr period of time how many bathroom breaks did you take? Ha ha. No way I can just sit still for 4 hrs, no way.
                      Temp is in the mid-60’s here so no threat of snow, thank goodness.

Mick, sounds like your 3 am adventure was rather exciting, Lol. Did you hear the roof of the hutch blow off? How did you know?
                      So tell us why a Richard dies every 16 minutes, that’s interesting. I do know about altering pH levels for hydrangeas, fun

Pauly, we’re still on lockdown until June 5 in the southeastern part of the state. Other parts of the state have started reopening. I guess you have some idea how badly I need my hair cut at this point, ugh. I pity the poor girl who gets stuck with the job. NJ is opening their beaches & boardwalks in the rain this weekend. There’s still social distancing orders so it won’t be things as normal over there. Glad you got a chance to get in touch with your doc, a video call is better than nothing.

Hello to Cyn, Pie, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      Last edited by Lavande; May 22, 2020, 06:04 PM.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...that was an early rise for you, glad you were there to protect the peskies. Still cold here and apparently we got an entire month of May rain yesterday. I believe it. LOL I wouldn't mind the 4 hr video chat if it actually accomplished something. So even though I bitch about the boss not being around at work it actually is a good thing. LOL I have been ignoring all work emails today, decided I'd take a "time in lieu" day off. I had no idea you could influence the color of a hydrangea, very cool.

Pauly...a lot of that video call was watching the boss trying to fumble around a website, idiot! At least at home, with audio muted, I can make all the smart ass comments I want. LOL

Lav...temp in the low 30's here and it was snowing just outside the city limits. Calgary has now got the go ahead to open phase 1 one Monday. I'll now be even more vigilant if I venture outdoors. Ended up playing in a Texas Holdem tournament last night and I won!!! Wish the 250K was real money, not play money. Oh well, at least I know I still have it. LOL

Other than that nothing much going on. I must remember to do my taxes before the end of the month. Somebody remind me please. Have a nice evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE All,

I visited the dentist for his week, and was mightily impressed with their Covid safety approach. Questionnaire, temp check, double masks with face shields plus special ventilation and air purification equipment. He appears to have spent a bundle. Hope he got one of the loans/ grants to help offset these costs.

Foster pup was put on steroids in advance of upcoming vet visit. He’s being tested for an auto immune disorder, potentially caused by tick disease. I can tell that he’s less painful in the past couple of days.

Glad you realized the peskies needed assistance, Mick. Hope your weather settles down.

PQ, I’d encourage you to at least tune in to an online yoga class if only to observe. That’s what I did initially before deciding to join in. Usually, my laptop camera is covered because that’s my preference.

Pauly, I’m reading that your casinos are about to reopen. Here, bars, bowling and bingo started back up yesterday. I feel no urge to venture out.

Lav, I admire how you keep yourself occupied with various projects.

It’s going smoothly on the no alcohol front. Feels like I’ve fallen back into my sober lifestyle.

Comment

hiya ppqp ...how are you today then?hope all is well we have massive winds over here today ...and hailstones ..so playing texas holdem and you got 250k..well done you ..as you say pity it wasnt real dosh ..as for the boss not being there ..as you say everycloud has a silver lining .have a great weekend

hiya pauly ..hows you then today? hope all is well with you...yep the facts are supposed to be legit..over here we are opening up ..not sure if it is too soon for us or not ..hopefully not ..we shall see .have a good weekend and take care

hiya Lav..how is you then today? yep I sawa pic of that loaf ..very nice indeed ..warmed ,sliced ad dripping in butter ..healthy option!no the hutch roof nevr blew off ..it was the plastic sheeting that covers the front of the hutch.. I heard it blowing ..I was going to do some hanging baskets today ...but too windy to leave them out .

a big hello to everyone else...det where is ya?

Finally, some good news for the destitute, impoverished, bereft, and homeless.

Weatherspoons is opening.

Cricket Bat.

Used to be a key piece of sporting equipment.

Now it's the set menu in my local Chinese restaurant.

A Scotsman is touring the USA in 1989, when he drops into a bar for a drink. At the far end of the bar is a quiet Apache native American. The Scotsman asks the bartender "Who's the big fella in the corner?". The bartender replies "The Apache? He's the amazing memory man. Ask him any question. If he can't answer, he'll buy you a drink. If he can, you buy him a drink."
                            The Scotsman thinks of a hard question, and then approaches the Apache.
                            "Who scored the winning goal for Patrick Thistle in the game against Hamilton Accies in the Scottish Cup quarter final in 1962?"
                            Quick as a flash, the Apache replies "Tom Cowie. Bartender! Whiskey!"

30 years pass, and the same Scotsman is once again visiting the States. He goes to the same bar and is shocked to see the same Apache. He decides to say hello by using the traditional Apache greeting. So he approaches the guy with his hand raised and says "How!"
                            Quick as a flash, the Apache replies
                            "Diving header. Bartender! Whiskey!"

Just seen an advert - you can now book a cremation using your computer.

The gap between being on-line and on-fire is now just 2 convenient clicks away.

Paddy: "They say our phones can spread the virus."

Murphy: "That's why I don't answer mine -- you don't know if the caller is infected."

Priti Patel has said anyone coming into the country after the eleventy seventh of Decemberary will have to self insulate.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

I see we have our Thanks & Like buttons back :yay:
                              We had a ton of rain overnight, thunder & all that too. Sky cleared up mid-day & it’s been fairly nice ever since. More rain likely moving in overnight again. Certainly didn’t have to water anything today!
                              Had a nice young man & his son come over today to lift all the remaining pavers out front & he took them home. Glad to be rid of them & all the weeds growing up between them. That’s how you get rid of stuff for free around here haha!

Wow PQ, maybe it’s a good thing that was play money or you’d be paying taxes on a quarter of a million dollars this month!!!! Maybe that will soften the loss just a little
                              Nothing frozen here but we have extra mud if you want any!!

Mick, I forgot to mention that was a loaf of rye sauerkraut bread I baked yesterday. It’s good, kind of like a sourdough flavor & it’s good!
                              For some reason I thought you said the roof blew off the hutch, sorry. Sometimes I’m overly dramatic, haha! Since the Amish don’t celebrate Memorial day I’m going to go raid their nurseries Monday for some plants for my deck pots. I held off buying anything because we had all those near freezing nights. I think it’s safe now.

Pie, glad your trip to the dentist went well. I felt safe going last week or whenever that was because I knew they would be careful.
                              Glad the dog is getting some pain relief, poor thing. The ticks are plentiful here this year so I have to be diligent for all of us. YB had a case of Lyme 20 years ago & he’s never been quite right since.
                              Glad your AF days are piling up, good for you!

Pauly, Det, Sam & Cyn - hello!

Have a good night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X