Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 24th

Well, it’s nice out now, haha!
    Started with clouds & fog, went to sunny, hot & humid & now it’s a touch chilly outside. Stupid weather.

Mick, I think you get more work done in a day than I do in a week. I’m generally not that motivated, LOL
    YB just had 10 yards of mulch delivered so I guess he’ll be busy for a week or two. The guy are coming back next week (I think) to pour the new concrete out front. All this outdoor work this spring is definitely making things looks better.

Pauly, hope your day was good!

PQ, YB has been known to make & can tomato juice which he does consume. He’s grown & made horseradish & eats a lot of that.
    The reason we go so far to buy compost is because the company is owned & operated by a vet. He told us he wanted to do something good for the earth when he got back from his deployments. He deserves a lot of credit so we don’t buy pre-bagged stuff from the big stores. Besides it’s fun to drive a trailer full of fresh compost & create stink the whole way home, haha!
    As long as you’re getting paid for those video meetings, right?

Hello to pie, Sam, Det & Cyn.

Love to everyone,
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav good reason to travel for the compost, we tried to do our own but too many damn flies! It was a good way to get rid of the trash tho, PQ, sorry you had to waste another two hours watching the boss fiddle around haha, a week back at work and I'm already burnt out, think I just bitch too much regardless of where I'm at, I annoy myself, I think I'm gonna cut back to only 4 days a week up there, we'll see whenever the other girls get back-if they ever do, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday for us all!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all...a scorcher here today!!Julie is working in the dining room ..the rabbits and I are under the sun brolly outside .She went into work yesterday ..was told that she hasnt to come in on a permanent basis until the covid level drops to 2 ,it is currently moving down to 3 now ...Was listening to the news earlier ..they reckon air travel wont get some semblance of normality for 3 years .Another airline has cut their jobs and planes by 30%.I went out this morning about 6 am ...picked the rabbits some dandelions ..not a soul about ,though things are definitely starting to open up a bit..I ll stick to my own guidelines .

hiya pauly ..you ok girl? hope so. take care of you n yours .

hya Lav ..hows you then?good I hope ...absolute respect to you for buying the compost from a vet.If his commander in chief cannot appreciate his service ,then its nice for the folk that matter to do so .I know you are a country proud of its armed services and those who served , much more so than us ..we are all brothers and sisters no matter what country we served for .Ive got another ton of golden gravel coming on the 8th to do the front and round the greenhouse...also been doing some work on the railway (again !) take care

hiya ppqp...you ok?did you enjoy your walk yesterday?how did todays meet go ?all to plan hopefully ..no Im not overdoing it but at the same time not sitting watching telly repeats when I was a lad!

hiya pie and det ..hope you are both ok

I've been offered employment at the local colonic irragation clinic.
        I knew something would turn up in the pipeline.

I've been using a few dating apps recently and I received pics of a d.ck and an asshole last night.

Why the fck would I want two photos of Piers Morgan?

I have been thinking about going to an optician to have my eyes checked.

I was considering Specsavers, but now I decided to visit Barnard Castle instead because it is cheaper.

Donald Trump will sign executive order to investigate and CLOSE web giants Google, Facebook and Twitter.

How will he tell us?

We've been told to stay away from aggressive rats.

How can we avoid the government at the moment?

Went into IKEA for the first time since the lockdown. It's similar, but they've altered a couple of things.

The one-way system has been changed, and Hotel California is playing on endless loop.

i've tuned in live to Kennedy Space Centre for a rocket launch, to be honest i only did because i thought they said KFC not KSC
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Two rain showers so far today & lots of clouds just as predicted. I don’t even want to talk about what this humidity is doiong to my hair, haha!!!

Pauly, we have done small amounts of compost in our yard but I honestly don’t want to draw anymore wildlife into the yard. We go down to that guys place where they just load up the trailer, put a tarp over it & drive it home. Easy! Cut yourself down to part time & see if you feel better. Working full time was always a heavy load on top of taking care of a house & family.

Mick, all veterans deserve our respect in my opinion. We have spread the word around about that guys business so others are making the trip too
          The commander in chief doesn’t appreciate anything, let alone veterans. Today he’s been busy trying to gag social media companies, LOL. He has no fu*king clue thinking he can shut them up.

PQ, hope your day was good. Same to you Pie, Sam & Det!

Nothing else going on here. Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          Last edited by Lavande; May 28, 2020, 05:54 PM.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...where did the day go!

Pauly...if you can make it work cutting back your hours is a good idea. I'm getting nervous about my financial future. Even when we open up, around September, I don't think we're going to have the revenue we used to because of all the restrictions. Trying to just stay in the present and things are ok right now.

Mick...glad you're not overdoing it, and no I don't think you're one to sit around and watch the telly. Hence your garden and railway. Glad Julie doesn't have to go back to work right away. At the end of the meeting today boss said he wanted to start looking at our operations next week. Figuring out what we need to do to start reopening. He said his biggest concern is how to keep his staff safe, especially me as I'm in the high risk category. Just when you figure he's a real shit he says something like that. LOL

Lav...we're in for a heat wave the rest of the week. Wouldn't you know it as "they" just came out saying not to wear masks during a heat wave. Damned if you and damned if you don't. No wonder people are confused. I just know that I'm going to do what's right for me. Had some work to do after the meeting this morning and the next thing I knew it was 5pm.

Waves to the rest of the gang, hope all is well with everyone.

I'm going to head over to the garden just to get out of the house for a bit. Hope we all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

afternoon all ..another roasting hot day today ,..30 degrees ..they reckon this is one of the hottest summers we have had .did some stuff in the garden this morning,tried to phone brother ..no reply abgain ..The firm that had that motorhome for sale ,opened this morning ,so we were going to go up and see it ...phoned the guy..it has been sold ..someone drove up from London last night ..picked it up this morning ..oh well there will be more .the lockdown over here is starting to open up.....

hiya pauly ..you good?yep if you can do 4 days ..go for it ..you take care

hiya ppqp..hope all is ok with you...that was a bit of a comment for your boss to make..Im glad to see your advisors are as clueless as ours!!take care.

hiya Lav hows you then today / hope all is well with you..Interesting to see how he is going to gag all the social media...hope he puts himself top of that list .just dug some of the garden,will put some plants in latre when it cools down ..takecare..

have a great day everyone ..
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope your brother is ok? Maybe you should go check on him, sorry the RV got sold, we need some scouser jokes, those always crack me up PQ, glad the boss cares about the health of the employees, especially you of I read that right, my brain feels soooooooooo overwhelmed! Yesterday I had the worst blues, the kind where you can't even focus, seems to wanna linger today too, can't deal with that feeling it blows! Lav, maybe I feel weird cuz of the full moon, we always used to talk about the moon and it's effects on our other daily thread, Cyn if you happen to ever check in-we love you, been such a light in my life that's for sure, I hope you're doing ok as well as can be anyways, waves to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

just for you Pauly.........

Give a scouser a fish, and he can eat for a day.

Give him a fishing rod and he'll put it in your letterbox and nick your car keys.

Police attending an incident in Liverpool returned to their car to find it up on bricks.
                  Officers are working tyrelessly to find the culprit.

Over the past week I've burgled nine flats in Liverpool.

It feels great to get my stuff back.

A Liverpool pensioner has died and left all his worldly possessions to complete strangers.

Although they were the original owners.

After hearing a pretty girl talking at a bar last, I went over.

"Your dad must have been a thief" I said, buying a drink.

"Why?" She replied, giggling at her friend. "Because he stole the stars and put them in my eyes?"

"No - it's your scouse accent."

Scousers. For fags, booze and season tickets, there's child benefit. For everything else, there's someone else's MasterCard.

Wandering round Liverpool yesterday with my wife and our toddler son, when he decided to have a tantrum, throwing his favourite red toy car out of his buggy.

By the time I picked it up, it was blue and had new number plates.

I asked my 13 year old Scouse daughter to stop smoking at the dinner table.
                  She was setting a bad example to her children.

I was walking through the Liverpool One shopping mall when someone shouted "Stop, thief" !

Fck me, I've never seen so many people take off so suddenly like that in my life.

All Scousers can trace their family tree back at least 15 generations.

All the way back to 1990.

A Scouser started working at our place today.
                  About fcking time, Hes been here two years.

Comment

Good evening all,

Waiting on the severe thunderstorms that will hopefully break up this nasty humidity!!!

Mick, sorry about the camper, there will be others I’m sure. We’ve had two pop up campers in our lifetime then the camping era ended for us.
                    I hope your brother is OK, what’s going on?

PQ, I certainly would not like being an outside worker in this heat & humidity, especially with a mask on. Bad enough wearing them inside in a building with AC.
                    I keep hearing & cringing about things being readied for re-opening on June 5th. The only thing i am really ready for is a hair cut, the rest can wait awhile for me.

Pauly, I haven’t slept more than an hour or two all week without waking & tossing around. Probably moon related because nothing else has changed
                    Think of me when you can’t sleep because I’m probably awake too!!!!

Hello to the missing folks Pie, Sam, Det & Cyn. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a decent night everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav I was looking at the wrong week when I thought it was a full moon, so I was just feeling terrible for some other reason which is basically the shop I'm at, I'm with you on the reopening, they expect people to be responsible but as we've seen they won't! I know we need to get the economy moving tho, I was in the 99 cents store yesterday and the lady in front of me was telling her friend she still hasn't gotten her unemployment since she filed in March that's crazy, Mick love, love the jokes haha! Hope you get ahold of your brother soon, PQ, hope you are doing good today, where are all our missing peeps? Hope ok, I wonder if there's a sort of post traumatic feeling with all that's happened with c-vid? Things certainly feel creepy to me, anyone else? Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday! Chicken legs, rice and stove top for dinner PQ haha

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then?all good I hope ..today ...another real hot one ,and it is going to be the next week too.After that then there is a week of rain coming up ..Ivebeen messing about in the garden this morning ,and now Im off down to Julies dads to cut the grass ,and put a hanging basket up for him that Ive done..havent managed to get hold of brother yet ,my guess is he hasnt got his phone wherever he is...hopeall is well with you all?

Teegee hope you are ok ....big hugz to you

big shout to all....

A mate called and said, "I've just had a huge fight with the wife. Do you have a spare bed for a few weeks until I find a flat?"

I replied, "I've a sofa, if that's any good."

"Perfect," he said, "you're an absolute legend! I'll send her round in a bit."

I guess there is one distinct advantage to living in a redneck family.

Only one person has to be tested at the STD clinic.

Trump said yesterday he's going support the people of Hong kong by banning trade, revoking separate non chinese status and blocking flights to and from there in the U.S.

Later he said he was worried about the dwindling numbers of Elephants and Rhinos on the planet so he will lift the embargo on importing and selling Ivory.

Donald Trump's speech on the white house lawn yesterday summerised.

China, China, China, China, China, China, not me China, evil China.
                        Corruption China, China, China, China, economy fcked by China, death not me China.
                        China Hong kong, China, China, wuhan that's in China, the Who bad, they love China not me I hate China.
                        China, China, China, China, China Tea cup, China, lying invented in China not me don't blame me my old China it was China what did it thankyou.

Long John Silver limps into Exeter Hospital (Security relieved him of his flintlock, cutlass and Captain Flint at the door). The receptionist looks at him disdainfully “What do you want ?” She growls, “I’m here to offer help” he replies cheerfully. “What can you possibly offer ?” she snorts back at him. “Well” he replies “With the rise in Coronavirus infections, I would like to offer my services as a consultant on the RRRRRRRR value”

Serves you right for reading to the end of the joke !

The word 'tew' means to work leather by beating or kneading. The other day I was working in the leather factory and the boss said he'd give a bonus to anyone who can finish two leathers in two hours. I was struggling. Then I saw my coworker was on track by using two hammers. So I increased mine to two too to tew two too.

95719508_10157350999512399_5828794336099172352_n.jpg

100558369_10158933609004617_2714167328160874496_n.jpg
                        Last edited by Mick; May 30, 2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Nothing much to report here, same old, same old. The province is going to supply everyone with a free package of 4 non medical face masks. They are going to distribute them through A&W, McDonlads and Tim Horton drive throughs. 1 pack per person and they're relying on the honour system. Sooo many questions come to mind. LOL Boss has called a team meeting for everyone next week to discuss our reopening strategy. Immediately got a call from the accountant bitching that it's his job, why are we doing it. I don't know what some people are thinking but I for one welcome the opportunity to give input into how I want my personal work area protected. It's supposed to be our hottest day here so will probably stick close to home. Mick, I hope you hear from your brother soon. Pauly, I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. LOL

Hope everyone is healthy and doing well. Have a great Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening folks,

I made calzones, pick your own fillings. I’ve been adding spelt flour to the regular pizza dough recipe & really enjoying the extra flavor. I fill mine with a dab of pizza sauce, non-dairy mozarrela shreds & sliced black olives. YB goes for the salami & cow cheese of course, haha.
                            Sunny & hot today, last night’s storms never got here but it is supposed to cool down now for the week so that will be nice.
                            Just had to give one of my chickens a bath. She had a nasty looking pasted butt so I soaked her in warm soapy water in my laundry room tub & she had a ball. They never fight you, they like th espa time I think, haha!

Pauly, I slept quite a bit better last night but got up in a low mood. Took me most of the day to shake it off. Who knows what causes this shit?
                            I just won’t let myself to sink into another depression, I do what i have to to keep my head above water. Reading, meditating, cenering myself with 3 deep bretahs, all that.......
                            Knowing that everyone else on the planet is also dealing with Covid fallout is somehow comforting - you are not alone!

PQ, hope you enjoyed your Saturday & can let work stuff go for a few days. Close your eyes & picture me bathing a chicken Lol

Mick, I’ve been watching videos of protests all over the country today r/t the death(murder) of a black man by a white ploice officer. This country is never ever going to get smart
                            I also watched the first successful Space X launch of 2 astronauts, amazing!

Hello to Pie, Det, Sam. Hugs to you Cyn :hug:

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav they're protesting here too! Was coming back from Kells last night and they had closed the Target by my house and there were cop cars with lights on patrolling the entrance, I googled this morning and I guess the looters are targeting target stores for some reason? Over my head, I just posted in the cafe thread about how were already suffering cuz of the virus and now people are bringing MORE suffering with all this and yes I understand that they want justice for the guy but they also were destroying black owned businesses who had just barely opened back up in the first riot area, I don't wanna sink into a depression either, I keep telling Kell that usually I'm really good at shakin moods off but this one is lingering, love the boys cuz at least they do silly stuff to help lift my spirits, Romeo was outside and took off all his clothes and was sitting nude in his little wading pool haha, he looked so cute PQ, I think them giving out masks is a good idea, I'll admit I haven't been enforcing the mask rule at work just cuz I get sick of people bitching and I need to get them in and out Mick have you gone detecting lately? Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                              X