Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 24th

MAE ALL....starting new thread.

Pi...I've been hearing from several people how effective and streamlined their medical visits are. Maybe another positive coming out of this pandemic. I'm glad the pup is having less pain and I hope they find out the cause soon. Good suggestion about tuning in and watching a yoga class to begin with. I had my camera covered till my son saw it and rolled his eyes. That's when he disabled it. LOL

Mick...doing better today than I was yesterday. Was really feeling off / down / depressed so ended up spending most of the day reading. My escape. Whatever was going on has left and my mood is good today. Actually spent some time this morning learning the new software program till I got totally lost and decided enough of that. LOL

Lav...when I logged on this morning saw the little red dot and thought someone has sent me a pm. Up popped the thanks/like link. Det will be so happy. LOL We've just ended our gloomy rainy weather and should be in for heat and sunshine most of the week. I'll have to go over to the garden and see what's happening there. Unlike the US we don't have to pay taxes on gambling/lottery winnings. When I won a tournament in Vegas one time they withheld the tax but then I just filed a US income tax form and got it all back. LOL That was a mighty fine looking loaf of bread.

Feeling quite hungry this morning so off to the kitchen to get breakfast started. Will check back in later and see how everyone's doing.....:smile:PPQP
    Last edited by porqoui; May 24, 2020, 09:04 AM.

Re: May 24th

hiya all ...well how are we then? good I hope ...Ive been rehashing the railway ...is now work in progress at the raised bit at the back,then tidying up ,and then made up 3 hanging baskets ...too windy to put them out yet tho ..
    Well the country is in uproar over the Dominic Cummings saga ...there is a good portion of the country said if he is not sacked then they are going to breach the govt guidelines ...He is an arrogant obnoxious man ..I have nevr met him nor do I wish to ...but he is one of those folk Id happily put a lump of wood over his head .

this article is well worth reading ......for me it is pretty accurate...the world leaders panicked ..there was no strategy ...the one here has been bust open

Nobel prize-winning scientist: the Covid-19 epidemic was never exponential - The Post

my opinion...but interesting stuff

hiya pie ...sorry i missed you yesterday..glad you are fitting into the nae booze mould again ..hopefully the puppy will be pain free soon

hiya ppqp ..glad you are better today..glad you managed to get out of it ...Im the same I get downers now and again ,but mange to kick myself out of them I usually exercise or do as you do ...lose myself in a book..Im getting back into exercise again ...bronchitis did me in ..but getting there now probably go for a good walk next week .and Im doing cardio etc daily now you take care .

hiya pauly ..you good girl?hope so ..you doing anything over the weekend?stay safe and look after yourself .

hiya Lav you good? did you get any plants ?Ive got loads of spare tomato plants like about 50!!yes I saw the bread..I found this ...

Concise Guide To Polish Bread – Eat Polska if you happen to do number 6 ........ship em over !!!!

hiya det ..you ok?

teegeee ...hope things are on the mend thoughts are with you ..

right peeps take care

The Government have been criticised over the last few months for having a muddled message regarding the public and Coronavirus.

But I must say that I do like the clarity of their new slogan which has been drafted by Dominic Cummimgs and released by Number 10 in the last hour.

DONT STAY AT HOME

DONT SELF-ISOLATE

and

DONT GIVE A SHIT..

The best time of my life was the 4 months I got to stay all-expenses-paid at this hotel.... wifi, room service, full streaming, pool, hot tub.

With how long I dragged out that obviously open-and-shut murder trial though, I had the rest of that jury fcking livid.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has described Dominic Cummings as 'just someone trying to do the best by their four-year-old'.

Or 'Boris', as he prefers to be known.

A priest, a Rabbit and a Minister walk into a bar.
    The barman asks the Rabbit, "What do you want?"
    The Rabbit replied, "I don't know, I'm only here because of autocorrect"

I had to leave the circus after a trapeze accident.

I thought I knew the ropes.

"Man to appear in court after alleged drunken assault of police officer"

Shouldn't the police officer have been charged instead? It's bad enough being drunk on duty without hitting someone.

My personal trainer keeps telling me that nothing is impossible.

So I’ve asked him to draw me up a diet plan that allows me to get a six pack whilst eating three pizzas a day and doing no exercise.

I heard an ice cream van on our street today.
    I thought to myself; what the fck,an ice cream man with two metre long arms.

The Govt have just announced emergency funding of £154 million to encourage the public to ditch their cars and switch to cycling as we come out of the lockdown.

Good luck to Dominic Cummings then as he tries to go 187 miles up the A1 to see his mother with his wife and toddler strapped to the back of his bike.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

So now we have chilly weather back but I’m not complaining. I see the heat & humidity they are predicting for the rest of the week, oh boy.

PQ, enjoy the yoga if you can do it, Lol. My right knee is not so bendable anymore. Must be getting old or something, haha!
      I do have video access to chair Pilates though. Good for people like me with a history of shitty balance. And of course good old walking when I can
      Glad your day has gone well so far!!

Mick, no Amish plant sales on Sundays but I will be going tomorrow on the holiday.
      I am 100% convinced that no scientist & certainly no politician knows what the fu*k they’re talking about
      This virus is so new, there are no studies to refer to. I believe eventually they are going to recognize that & retract all the BS they are spewing now. We just need to use good common sense & keep ourselves away from each other until this virus dies out. With all those idiots crowding the beaches this weekend - how many are going to end up sick & dying???

Hello to Pie, Pauly, Det & our girl Cyn :heartbeat:

Have a good night everyone & stay safe!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, thanks for starting us up yesterday, hope the sad mood has passed and I totally understand, I'm exactly like that what a rollercoaster of emotions and moods with all that's going on! Mick, interesting article, I am just going with the flow and hoping for the best with this shit, Lav, those idiots at the beaches and water parks, parties over the weekend are a bunch of assholes that are gonna get all of us locked down again! I'm all for opening up but SLOWLY! That was just ridiculous, I also don't think our gov here shoulda let salons open so soon, there's been two instances in different states where the hairdressers infected people, too much too soon me thinks, Pie, glad you're getting back into the swing of things much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiyaall ....how are we then?good I hope ...well this countryt is in absolute chaos ...Bottleless Boris backed hos bully boy friend..a complete tosser ..16 of his own party say he shouldhave gone .....you know how every thursday at 8pm we clap for the nurses ?well someone has said tomorrow night we go out and boo boris!!he has lost all cred if he had any ...people are starting to do their own thing..I will protect me and mine to the limit fk their strategy they havent a clue..and that is the way a lot are thinking too..you thought you had it bad with trump?we have it with the blond jelly ...no spine .lovely day outside I was in the garden at 6 this morning ..

hiya pauly .....go with how you feel and stay safe ..as lav says none of them have got a scooby doo..you stay safe ..have you got masks?

hiya Lav ...well did you get any plants ?Ive got geraniums and more petunias coming tomorrow ..repotted tomato plants ..way way too many and yet I hate binning them..some more work on the railway this mornig too ..need some hardboard ply just splinters .my balance is pretty rubbish too.it went west when my head blew up..chair pilates?..I like chair running ......just move your feet up n down..

hiya ppqp ...how are you today?hope all is well with tyou ...stay positive mate ..

big shout to everyone
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Memorial Day here, remembering those who gave their lives for our country. I hope to hell that can’t look down & see what’s going on in their country these days. It’s just all BS!
            Yes, we did get the flowers & have planted up all the deck pots, looks nice. Now I just need to remember to water them every day. I think I’ll write myself a note, haha!
            No parades or family BBQs today, sad.

Pauly, healthcare workers have to be tested in a regular basis. Maybe that’s something to consider for you& your workmates.
            Keep your mask on & sanitize your space & wash your hands in between clients.
            I'm not going to allow the ignorance of others infect me, you shouldn’t either!

Mick, your garden is probably growing too big just like our is haha! YB keeps adding more veggies & small fruits like gooseberries - who eats gooseberries anyway??
            Today he picked up a climbing cucumber plant but he doesn’t eat cucumbers, LOL
            My balance has definitely been off since I whacked my head (20 years this coming November) but it seems to be getting a little worse these days. Scares me a bit, falling is not fun. I hope the chair pilates helps, certainly can’t hurt anything.

Hello to the missing - Det, Pie, PQ & Cyn. Thinking of you all.

Have a nice night everyone.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...like you I'm taking it day by day. I accept the fact that my moods are going to swing and am not stressing about it. Salons were allowed to open today but a lot of them are staying closed. I'm not going anywhere, just doing what is best for me and mine.

Mick...I'm with you, doing the right thing regardless of what other idiots are doing. I'm just glad I'm not trying to keep a business going through all of this. I was out to the garden early this morning as well. Just wanted to see how everything fared after all this rain. Spent some time on the new software, got a useless email from the boss which I ignored and had diddly squat for cards during the bridge game this afternoon. Oh well, life goes on. LOL

Lav...I bet the deck looks great with all the planted pots, now just remember to water them. Is YB responsible for harvesting all his own veg/fruit plants? I learned my lesson early and only plant what I know I'll use up. I am not into canning! I'm sure you're being careful in regards to your balance, didn't realize you had banged your head years ago. I have found myself a little off balance lately as well. I think it's lack of activity, not going to work 5-6 days a week. I am forcing myself to get up and move if I've been sitting for too long, something I would always do at work.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav those hairdressers and the customers that were exposed were all wearing masks(so they say) I dunno half the girls aren't even coming back yet so I'm officially wondering if it was even worth it to open, telling people their favorite stylists aren't there is hard then I get stuck with them and some of them I just don't like, Mick there's never too many toms! Think of all the things you can make haha, PQ, yea the moods during this are weird, sometimes I feel crazy, I've also had alot of dizziness and unsteadiness think it's just nerves are shot and I feel overwhelmed, could be my old friend allergies, [MENTION=12303]treegirl[/MENTION](Cyn) I'm thinking of you much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday? Love you all.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

What’s not to love about a hangover-free start to the day? Veterinary visit for foster pup this morning. Hope to learn something useful.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...on the flip side there are some stylists where I go that I don't like. I go to a walk in salon and you get whoever is available. They hired a new girl about a year ago now and all 5 times that I've had her I've been so disappointed. I don't know why but my hair just doesn't lie properly after she cuts it. You stay safe.

Pi...exactly, isn't it amazing how much more energy you have when you don't feel like death warmed over. LOL :goodjob: Fingers crossed that you get some answers this morning.

[MENTION=12303]treegirl[/MENTION] thinking of you. :hug:

Off to the garden, will check back in a bit....:smile:PPQP
                    Last edited by porqoui; May 26, 2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Hiya all ...hows things today?..all ok I hope ...times like this we need to support each other ..and I am sure we are ....another lovely day weather wise here today...you can tell how hot it is ..I left the hibiscus out overnight..the peony rose,it has now got 3 heads on it and the other one has about 20. ..The saga goes on over here re domonic Cummings gave some plausible answers ..save the fact he said that he went to Barnard Castle to test whether he could drive back to London as he had bad eyesdue to the virus ,,Barnard Castle is a quaint village some 30 miles from where he was ..what he failed to tell everyone the day he did that was his wifes birthday

ppqp...hows you then?I know that feeling about stylists ...theres a good few I know that have not been able to do mine properly ..hope you are well

hiya pauly ..hows you then?you well ?for me there are too many tommies ...Im not allowed a lot because of the potassium ...mind you I do tend to eat them like candy ..you stay safe xx

hiya 3.142 recurring ..howz the pup ..how did you get on?..yep its great to wake up without a banging head..you take care .

hiya Lav how are you ? hope all is well with you ..Interesting your president slagging off a vet on memorial day..He didnt buy a commission in the USMC he did the hard yards to get there ...and for his country ..Trump might not like him ,but he should fkn well respect what the guy did for the country the orange man is supposed to be in charge of .absolute disgrace..its years since I ate goose gogs ...Im the same re plants if I see a bargain ,then Ill have it ..and then find Ive nowhere to put it .. take care

Hello tee gee ,thinking of you .:hug:

right folks ..stay safe ..

“Dominic Cummings’ Press Conference went very well”, says Prince Andrew.

Boris Johnson's unrelenting support of Dominic Cummings shows that he is an honourable man who will not throw his friends and colleagues under the bus, even in the face of fierce criticism...

Or that Cummings knows stuff about him that doesn't want revealed

I'd have left my wife for my sister years ago, if they weren't the same person.

Think about this one ......

A fat time traveller travels back to ancient Rome, upon arriving he realises straight away he isnt dressed historically accurately for the trip and looks out of place, he finds a small toga shop and begins browsing for something to wear but nothing fits him due to his size!!
                      He finds the shop clerk and asks "Do you have XL togas?"
                      The clerk replies "Of course, but why do you need so many?"

Poll: Trump's approval rating continues to fall.

Translation: America may have developed turd immunity.

Just to let blind people know...

Dominic Cummings also LOOKS like a complete asshole as well

It’s chest and leg day today
                      but,
                      Will it be down at the gym
                      or
                      at KFC ?

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Woke up to a London style fog here this morning, strange. It cleared out & we took a ride down to Aberdeen (MD) with an empty trailer & came back with a giant load of freshly made (stinky) compost. That my friends was the highlight of my day haha! I love having flowers but really could do without growing all the veggies. We can buy all the produce we want from the local Amish folks, super cheap.
                        I tried doing a bit of canning back in the late 80’s, it was just too much work & heated the kitchen up like an extension of hell honestly. Freezing some produce is not bad, just blanch things, then freeze them. I am just not interested in all that slave work anymore haha!

PQ, I’m with you - do as little as possible then have a nice day. The last thing we need to be doing right now is working ourselves half to death. YB has been know to set up a propane burner out in the driveway to can certain things - all on his own, no involvement from me.

Pauly, my Mom always told us ‘beggars can’t be choosers’. Is it really that big of a deal when your favorite hair cutter is not available? After seeing videos of people coughing & spitting on store employees I am fully disgusted with the human race. I hope we all get thru this mess in one piece.

Pie, hope your doggy is doing OK.

Det, saw your IG pic - nice tomato plant!!!!

Hello to Sam & sending loving hugs & strength to Cyn :hug:

Have a decent night everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

wow nobody here? I tried to get on earlier on the computer and it wouldnt let me .it showed the screen and that was it ...a lovely day over here today,really warm ....rabbits are in the garage in the shade .Ive been in the garden shampooed the front room carpet planted hanging baskets ,sown seeds ,and done a bit on the trains .hope everyone is well?

like you Lav,apart from rocket ,kale for the rabbits ,thats about it for me as veggie grwoing ..tomatoes yep,but apart from that its all flowers for me..

quick post this ..but the length is immaterial ,its the fact we support each other irrespective of distance .

take care

Comment

Mae everybody, mines just a quickie post too, just wanted to wish everyone a great BF day and let you know I'm here for you all

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...riding around with shit, and I thought my daily highlights were the pits. LOL If the Amish lived next door to me I wouldn't be planting veg's either. It's more a physical activity for me, really if nothing grows I don't really care. I don't even have a cool dark place to store my potatoes, it's more like go out and harvest whatever I'm going to cook that night. Does YB actually eat anything that he cans?

Mick...would have signed in earlier but had a 9am video meeting with boss and prog-coord, another 2 hours of my life wasted only with more frustration having to listen to her. At least it sounds like the boss is ready to commit to buying this new software so hopefully tomorrows meeting will be short and sweet. Sounds like you had an active morning, hope you're not overdoing it.

Pauly...at least if you check in we know everything is ok. Hoping Det checks in soon.

Shout out to the rest of the gang, always thinking of you.

It's a lovely day here today as well so going to go for my walk. Have a good all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X