Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 31st

MAE All,

Feeling serene to be starting another week free of alcohol.

Re: May 31st

good for you pie! afternoon all.....how are we then?all good I hope ...another lovely day out there ..another rose came out this morning its called Jean ...I bought it in memory of Julies mum...lovely little pink flowers ...I couldnt sleep last night ...it was far too hot ,got about 4 hrs sleep max.well tomorrow they relax the lockdown rules ,a lot of people and some scientists are saying no its too early so we shall see what happens ... hope everyone is safe over there in all the rioting that is going on...

take care and stay safe everyone
    Last edited by Mick; May 31, 2020, 09:16 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pi...that post just gave me a calming feeling all over. Well done you for sticking to your plan through all of this. Thanks for starting the thread this morning.

Lav...I may actually give calzones a try for dinner tonight. Thinking of a spinach filling. Been craving spinach lately, my iron must be low. So your missing thunderstorm ended up here about 3:30am...woke me out of a sound sleep. It was short lived but what a light show! Who knew giving chickens a bath was a thing! Yup that'll be in my mind for awhile.

Pauly...can't blame Romeo for stripping down for the wading pool. Didn't your temps hit 104F yesterday? Way too hot for me. I think giving out the mask is a great idea too, just don't agree with the delivery method. Sure glad I don't have to make some of these decisions.

Off to make breakfast, will pop in again later....:smile:PPQP

X-Post Mick...Waves to you.
      Last edited by porqoui; May 31, 2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

whew! heya ABerooooos I'm still alive and kicking!

Pie, how grand indeed! perfect.

Mick, the heat here is absolutely whiping me out, I'm doing outdoor shoots often and just dragging along like an old dish rag at times. ugh! I really need to move but this job has only just now really
        taken off so I think I'm stuck for a year or so. oh well.

and speaking of busy, that explains my chronic absense. I've been getting home past 9pm average of 3x per week and I'm leading the Refuge tue night sessions which is great but family
        time is taking a beating. working on that....

Pauly, dunno how you do this heat! it's been nearing 110 lately

PPQ, calzones are super fun to make and i've always had them come up great so long as the dough is rolled pretty thin.

we snuck off to St George for an overnighter last weekend and it was really nice, albeit a bit of a rush. amazing hiking trails. I have
        pictures and promise I'll post them soon! ack!

I made lamb kebabs last night and big salads. perfecto.

ok, watering tomatoes and looking at breakfast options next....... zooming as always.

be well loves!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

pics! https://photos.app.goo.gl/mbr7BHRwsBtGLCk68
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Det, they’re some amazing pictures, thanks for sharing
            I figured you were busy which is great! I don’t know how you guys tolerate all that heat, yikes. I would be a giant melted mess, haha! Glad things are going so well for you!

Pie, thanks for the startup & glad to hear you are doing well!!

Mick, the rose sounds very nice & special.
            Things are a freaking mess over here. Protesting is fine but I cannot abide the violence, setting fires, looting. That just pisses me off because it misses the point of peaceful protesting.
            13 officers were hurt in Philly yesterday, one was run over by a car . I cannot wait until November when we can fix this sh*t with our votes!!!

PQ, so did you try out the calzones? They’re very versatile & if you have any left over they reheat nicely in the oven.
            About the chicken bathing, I found out they like being dunked in warm water years ago. During an especially muddy period I found a bunch of them had huge dried mud chunks on their toes, making them walk funny. I couldn’t pull the mud chunks off so I decided to dunk them in warm water to soak them off & they loved it haha! You learn something new every day

Hello to Pauly, Sam & Cyn!

Have a good night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then?hope all is well ..again a really hot sunny day here ,was going to do some work in the loft ..but its far too hot ..hope all you in merica are safe....pretty bad state of affairs ..today a lot of children went back to school today ,though not as manyas they thought ,a lot of parents have decided not to send them back ....Managed t get hold of brother.. he is ok ish going down to see him on thursday

hiya Lav ,how are you then today? chief chicken dunker ...hope all is good with you ...take care ..

Det w/b mate ..so you have been busy with the old camera ?some smart pics matetake it easy ...you are doing brilliantly .

hiya ppqp...how are you today then?good I hope ...hows the weather? has the storm gone?meant to ask you...how are the gardens doing?

hiya pauly ...how are you today then?all well with you I hope..I s there much rioting where you are?stay safe ..

hiya pie hope all is well with you?

right gang ..have a good day..

So we have had three tossers seriously hurt jumping off a cliff at Durdle door into the sea ...crowds on the beach had to be told to move so the air ambulance could land.

70 idiots stranded on a sandbank at Fleetwood Lancs when the tide came in and had to be rescued.

Moorland fires at Longridge Preston and Winter hill near Bolton needing aircraft dumping water from Belmont reservoir...the cause a discarded disposable barbecue.

They say one of the factors in the high death toll in the England is because of the dense population...
              They're not fcking wrong.

Tired of your electric toothbrush and hanker after your old manual one?

Simpy use your electric one without turning it on.

I've just tried to break the 100 hour world record for sitting in a bath tub full of baked beans, but failed miserably.

Although I did smash the record for the fastest person to be ejected from B&Q.

I miss the 1970s, a more innocent time.

You never saw an angry Lego man in those days, they were all on acid.

A Belgian Prince who caught Coronavirus after travelling to Southern Spain for a party has apologised to the Nation in a tearful address last night.

But in his defence, he said he was going to go Barnards Castle but he had heard the place was full..
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...good to see your post and your pics are great. Busy days for you, glad you were able to sneak away for some family time. I don't know how you survive in that heat either.

Lav...the calzones turned out good, I'll be making them again. Who would have thought chickens would like baths. Are they part of the duck family? LOL

Mick...glad you heard from your brother. The storm has passed for now to return later this week. I bet it's hot in the loft, you'll have to wait for one of your many rainy days. They've given the ok to open Summer Day Camps but that won't be happening for us. We still can't get back in our building. LOL

Have a video meeting in 15 minutes so must get ready for it. Have a good day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings from the CCD (Chief chicken dunker) LOL

Nice day here, can’t complain. No spa appoiments for funky chickens so that’s good

Mick, glad you heard from your brother, hope everything is OK.
                  Do you have any fans up in the loft to blow the hot air out. We have one & it comes on automatically, nice. I still haven’t been up there yet & we moved in 17 years ago this coming July.

PQ, glad you liked the calzones. Pretty easy & you can do a lot of flavors to make everyone happy.
                  The last 2 times I made them I used half spelt flour in the dough & boy they are good! Hope your day was good!

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam, Pie.
                  Cyn, big hugs to you :hug:

Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then?good I hope ..well last day of sunshine ...rain tomorrow they reckon ..possibly stop all the idiots being out ..Talking of such ..I see your illustrious leader in the yoo ess ov ay has told the state governors to get tough otherwise they will look like jerks....you mean follow his example?what a d.ck
                    Bottom left in my mouth Ive got toothache ..at the moment .controlling it by use of paracetamol and really sensitive toothpaste.phoned the dentist yesterday ,,they arent looking at starting back till next week ,so hopefully it will ease off ..
                    the other peony rose is open now ..looks good
                    hiya Lav ..you ok? yep Ive a fan in the loft ,but it seems to be just circulating hot air ...take care and stay safe in this mad world ..

hiya ppqp ...hope you are doing good?hows the card school doing ?hope all is good with you ?take care ..

.hiya pauly ..how are you doing hope you are ok

some pics Ive taken in the garden the noo

20200602_095548.jpg

20200602_095519.jpg

20200602_095506.jpg

20200531_102125.jpg

20200531_102028.jpg

Comment

Mae everybody, nice pics Mick glad your brother is ok Lav, I gotta look back for your calzone recipe sounds good, work has slowed waaaay down which I knew it would cuz those people are cheap and are complaining about the price, I did 3 grocery deliveries yesterday when I got home, they didn't pay much but it was easy work anyways, I like doing that more anyways it's just too inconstant, making chicken and broccoli for lunch just hope the chicken isn't" dodgy" in Mick's words haha! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF day!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...your flowers are gorgeous. I can't believe what's going on in the US and the Presidents response. OMG! There was a big solidarity rally in Calgary yesterday and I hope every one of those people get tested. It'll be the first question I ask anyone I have to be in contact with..."Were you at the rally on Jun 1st?" Our good weather is supposed to last till the weekend and then we're into heavy rains.

Pauly...this may be the time for you to choose a different career path. Even when all this settles down I can still see a need for grocery delivery. Just a thought.

I have back to back video meetings which will probably take up most of my day. Hope you all have a good one....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Nice day today, tomorrow back to 90+, yuck with probable afternoon & evening storms. There’s a tropical storm brewing up in the Gulf of Mexico that will probably work it’s way up here at some point.
                          Grandsons are here for dinner & a visit for the first time in many months. Our reopening day is Friday so I guess we’re safe

Mick, very pretty flowers
                          That reminds me I need toget outside & water some zinnia seeds I planted a few days ago.
                          45 has absolutely outdone himself, his theatrics last eveing really pissed me off. The AG is just as bad ordering peaceful protesters be tear gassed so he could walk across the street for a photo op at a churched that was damaged during some previous violence. What an ass

PQ, hope your meetings wern’t TOO boring, haha!!

Pauly. Do whatever makes yuo happy & feel secure these days. The Dept of Labor has a website matching people’s skills to available jobs - myskillsmyfuture I think it’s called.

Hello to Det, Pie, Sam & anyone stopping by.
                          Have a nice night all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, just a quick bueno from me this morning, hope everyone has a great BF Wednesday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ..hows the world with you today?all good I hope..if not good at least positive ..Raining here today ..it was forecast and landed ..will do the plants some good .The governments strategy on covid ...continues ..apparently Johnson and Trump had a discussion on how to handle it...talk about the blind leading the blind! couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!have a look at this one

hiya Lav..hows you then? how did it go with grandsons over ?you definitely havent got the sole rights to d.ckheads in government ours is full of liars cheats insane bullsh.tters and clowns that havent a clue..planted up my tomatoes into bigger pots Im growing 8 different types.Jeeves has pigged out again and has a full belly ,so doing my medicine stunt with him again ..

hiya pauly ...hope all is good with you ? take it the chicken wasnt dodgy? stay safe ..

hiya ppqp..how are you then today?hope all is well with you ...so there was a rally in Calgary ? As much as I agree that there should be no place for racism in society and the killing in Minneapolis was unjustified ,and those concerned should pay the price for their actions ...2 days ago in Bolton ..a 7 year old girl was killed by an Albanian immigrant ..there were no protests no lights getting switched on or off for her..why not ????

yep we get a grocery delivery ...I was always against it ...but to be truthful it has been very good ..we have a contract for 12 months as from March ..it costs us 50p per week for that delivery ..85 canadian cents...

big shout to everyone stay safe do what you feel is safe for you and yours !

Home School Schedule Day 53.
                              For two six year olds

7. PE 1 Empty ash trays, recycle beer bottles, empty kitchen bin into brown wheelie bin, clean windows, do 100 squat thrusts.

8 am. Domestic Science. Run me a hot bath, try to get the coffee maker to make me an expresso, if she isn’t up yet poke her vigorously until she gets the message. Prepare my unhealthy cooked breakfast.

9 am. Science 1. The use of bleach to kill those nasty growths on the floor tiles behind the bog. Degrease pans, crockery and cutlery with washing up liquid and hot water.

10 The Joys of Contemplative Meditation, piss off back to your rooms and keep quiet.

Noon, PE 2 Take the dogs for a long walk, pick up fags & booze on the way back.

1 pm Woodwork...chop sticks for the wood burner.

3 pm. Science 2 Making the perfect cocktail, today the Harvey Wallbanger.

4 pm. Mechanics, using heavy machinery..the washer dryer, the electric iron, the vacuum cleaner.

5 pm. Foreign languages....phone the Star of India and order me a hot curry.

6 pm Drama, act like Victorian children.....be seen but not heard until bed time.

Donald Trump boasts he's the best president for black America 'since Abraham Lincoln'.

Here's two tickets for the theatre.

Tony Christie visits his local Zoo and sees a sign saying..
                              Fat Scaly Insect EaterThis Way.
                              After a while he reaches a cage and asks the Zookeeper...Is This The Weighty Armadillo?

Report: European leaders continue to practice social distancing by staying 3,000 miles away from Trump.
                              Last edited by Mick; June 3, 2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X