Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
    Afternoon all. We are off to a different garden centre today. This is our social outing of the week. Sorry about the gazebo JC, that’s like something I would do. Much colder here today.
    I was like a debutante going to a ball when I got to the garden centre last week -- truly!!! Hope you get lovely stuff!
    For the first time today instead of bracing myself - working out what I had in my pockets (debit card - car keys - plastic gloves etc) I sort of literally 'popped' to the shops -- still took care - don't get me wrong - but it just felt -- a bit normal -- and nice... AND PENNEY'S ARE OPENING NEXT WEEK ---- I won't go for a week or two till it calms down -- but it feels like a comfort blanket knowing it's going to be there:woohoo2:
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Trouble with tinterweb this morning and got sick of waiting for it so I took off to the settee with my knitting and my new craze tapestry. Already got four done ..............guess what peeps are getting for Chrimbo.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........I've done that with the Chinese stuff............but late last year or early this year can't remember which I ordered what I thought was a gorgeous top. So once bitten I ordered a medium...................it fitted Mr. JC.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Jill gets smashing stuff but I've yet to be successful with China...mind you..I ordered 2 cloth face masks 3 months ago from Ireland and I'm still waiting ....so ....mebbe it's me! I'm in the bed with my book...fed up of Tele and eating....enough!!!

Comment

Me too Molly, himself watching action movie, not interested so retreated with my book. I ordered dog beds last December from China. Got email in February that they were dispatched, no sign. Might as well forget about them.

Comment

That's funny, we got some (strange) water bottle delivered today. No one had at recollection of this order. Turns out to be a order from China in early February. Wish. Cheap and slightly addictive web site.

Did not realise Penneys was opening soon. Thats all my girls compare about

Any one reading anything good? On the hunt. Finished American dirt - really enjoyed it.

Night X
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Late check-in.
                In work today - all the shaggin' traffic is back or it feels like it is.

I miss the lockdown that kept dopes off the road..... :sad:

Then : Jesus :egad: Penneys ...... on Friday 12th - I think I'd rather eat my arm...
                Last edited by satz123; June 6, 2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Morning All,
                  Up until 3,30am this morning. I was warned (thanks NS) about the potential amphetamine-like side effects of early keto. I was also laser focussed (on YouTube crime shows)- more than I ever am in every day life. Pupper was staring at me like an exhausted mother with a toddler on red cordial....I just could NOT entertain sleep.
                  Up at 9. A small amount of gardening. A mani pedi for pupper. Garden centre tomorrow. Now it's heater on until drinks with a friend at 4pm. I think they worked out ages ago that I bring my own in a thermos for a reason but my business. Sugar free lemonade and lime wedges is the bomb. Then I listen to them talk shiz for 1.5 hours and I'm home for a dog snuggle by 6-7pm. Perfect.

Wish.com is notoriously slow over here. At least 2 months before your gloves with dog grooming bumpy nobby thingos built in comes along with a free pink dusting cloth and some 'relax' essential oil that smells like pure hell.

Nearly posted at 3am but I thought you'd all have a conniption and think I was boozing :harhar:

Reading back!
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                    Morning All,
                    Up until 3,30am this morning. I was warned (thanks NS) about the potential amphetamine-like side effects of early keto. I was also laser focussed (on YouTube crime shows)- more than I ever am in every day life. Pupper was staring at me like an exhausted mother with a toddler on red cordial....I just could NOT entertain sleep.
                    Up at 9. A small amount of gardening. A mani pedi for pupper. Garden centre tomorrow. Now it's heater on until drinks with a friend at 4pm. I think they worked out ages ago that I bring my own in a thermos for a reason but my business. Sugar free lemonade and lime wedges is the bomb. Then I listen to them talk shiz for 1.5 hours and I'm home for a dog snuggle by 6-7pm. Perfect.

Wish.com is notoriously slow over here. At least 2 months before your gloves with dog grooming bumpy nobby thingos built in comes along with a free pink dusting cloth and some 'relax' essential oil that smells like pure hell.

Nearly posted at 3am but I thought you'd all have a conniption and think I was boozing :harhar:

Reading back!
                    Hey Bridget - how hard are you finding Keto ? What site did you follow to get started ? Could do with that energy....

Comment

Energy? the mare's manic i tells ya! :congratulatory:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        Hey Bridget - how hard are you finding Keto ? What site did you follow to get started ? Could do with that energy....
                        I looked at the Diet Doctor site https://www.dietdoctor.com/ on the recommendation of a few champions here at MWO - but I'm a bit more low carb than anything for now. It's hard.....especially the sugar cravings. I did see something on Pinterest suggesting that it can take up to 3 weeks until you start to lose weight and experience decreased appetite. Bring that on.
                        [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] I tried your egg and cheese recipe this morning and it is YUMMMM! Thanks!
                        [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]'s pancake thingos are next.
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                          [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...............nice to know you've got one of those bobbly nobbly things too.............. Bess just gives us a look.........as if to say 'really, just put it in the box beside the giant toothbrush (without squeak), the ten bald tennis balls (that I didn't fetch and never will (just chewed the outer bits off) just besaide the rock which is mine and only mine and the ball with a bell in............I'm not a Budgie FFS'

I quite like ordering stuff off those websites............... I forget what I've bought so its like a surprise gift when it finally arrives

Weather reportage...........baltic.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning! sun peeping out and got a lovely wee bit of gardening done - not going swimming but not baltic -- so somewhere in the middle! Laughing at myself here really -- obviously going out into the workplace I'll need to pre-think lunch and coffee and shit like that - no popping round to the café for a take-away drink or scone - so considering I've worked most of my adult life I am FINALLY getting to grips with that -- gonna go out tomorrow and buy containers for salads and dressings and maybe even a thermos -- and all the fresh ingredients to make interesting salads -- the feta the chick pea etc.... takes a killer virus to make me sort out my lunch:victorious:

Adam's popping out shortly - haven't seen him for about 2 weeks so looking forward to the fact he might achully have some NEWS --- jesus we are stale here -- poor Jilly puts her head in the door every morning '' any news?' -- 'nah' -- 'ok - me neither' -- and onto the next day..... met the postman yesterday -- well -- ex-postman he retired but he's one of our best borrowers in the library now and I think if we could have we'd have had a passionate embrace - so glad to see someone I haven't seen since March HAH!! Think I need to get out!!

Agreed re. Penney's Benjy - I won't be going anywhere near it for a week or two - but it's sort of nice to know it's there.. does that make sense I wonder? Can you just imagine the queue's!!

Right - back to my garden!

Comment

Hi,
                              L-glutamine works for sugar cravings, like it does for alcohol cravings, which makes sense given that the problems are similar. Alcohol, glucose, and L-glutamine all can quickly cross the blood brain barrier and shut up a DEMANDING brain.
                              Rather than taking as a supplement at a regular time, it works to let a capsule (500 mg) dissolve slowly under your tongue when needed.
                              Last edited by NoSugar; June 7, 2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Good afternoon Nothing to report! Bored but grateful if you know what I mean?
                                Really tired these days and glad I do not have to go out to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X