X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
    H
    @byebyebridgetjones - I have also noticed some aching lately and I put it down to white flour and sugar. So will see if removing those from my diet helps.

Bingo.
    That's what I've noticed too. Couldn't work out if it was the weather getting cold and relative humidity rising or allergies, but sugar is a well known acidifier and inflammatory apparently. Add that to the ever-growing list of things I am clueless about.

Evening everyone. The first round of a series of consultations happened today regarding the new workplace 'look'. We were given the chat about our chances of being employed in the near future - with someone's kids and husband cavorting around in the background of the Zoom call listening in to it. is it just me?
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

NO.. it's not just you! That's why I avoid all that zooming nonsense:welldone:
      Told HR yesterday that I do not have the equipment (my own I add.. not provided by them) to do their one day first aider refresher course...a DAY of it ??
      Norra chance...they can sort it themselves
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
        I cannot be doing with zoom........our worldwide zooming stopped six weeks ago. By the time we'd got through
        1)turn on your sound....still can't hear you.............try again............nope
        2)I can't see you..............followed by advice to sit on a cushion.
        3) You've gone blank again
        4) Ending up just ringing Jenny as its a damned sight easier
        5)Still can't hear me.............so I ended up holding messages on a note pad

Cannot imagine trying to work with it. Got a vision now of a man in his grey underwear floating about in the background.

Ticking boxes, Molls, for a full on return to work eh ????
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Morning and waves to the world,
          I cannot be doing with zoom........our worldwide zooming stopped six weeks ago. By the time we'd got through
          1)turn on your sound....still can't hear you.............try again............nope
          2)I can't see you..............followed by advice to sit on a cushion.
          3) You've gone blank again
          4) Ending up just ringing Jenny as its a damned sight easier
          5)Still can't hear me.............so I ended up holding messages on a note pad

Cannot imagine trying to work with it. Got a vision now of a man in his grey underwear floating about in the background.

Ticking boxes, Molls, for a full on return to work eh ????
          Yup indeed..think I may be just atrophying (Is that a word?)...bum glued to couch!!

Comment

That was apropos of why I should go back to work..not Bridges mates husband in the background in grimy underpants:victorious:

Comment

Evening all, have just been reading back and had a lot of good laughs so thanks all for that Today is my day 60 and I'm rather pleased with myself. Have had quite a few stressful things happen over last few days and by yesterday was feeling really fragile mentally. The old faithful (my inner critic) was banging on until I managed to stop for a minute and think 'OK, wow I'm getting stressed out, look at me'. Funnily enough, my IC was going gangbusters on that exact thing, about why was I such a pathetic wimp etc.. probably from times before where I'd been stressed and confided in someone close who said 'for gods sake just leave yourself alone'.. which meant I doubled down on myself about being such a wimp getting stressed about being stressed. :egad:
              Anyway, after realising what I was doing, I told myself I’d just got to keep my head down and get through the day. I got myself home and put myself to bed with a silly book. Had a HUGE sleep and today I was able to reflect more sanely. It was a pile-up combo of things that got me into that state. Good news is I did not think at all about drinking. It seems I've replaced that particular urge for now by recognising what was required was comforting and did just that. Am quite proud of myself :welldone:
              Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
              I'm very busy reading all of the [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] recommendations :harhar:
              Ask me anything!! First time I ever tried it Bridget was the old Atkins Diet (90s). It’s a bit more sophisticated now but back then the ‘induction’ required 3 days of nothing but eggs, cheese, meat. The day started with a 3 egg omelette. Obviously the main challenges about eating that way is to get enough fibre! Also, the thing most people in my house missed was cheese toasties. So I invented a clever compromise using my nutribullet (a super fast blender) which is now a favourite: 1 egg, 1 tbspn sour cream, 1 tbspn psyllium husks – blend quickly and throw on a hot frypan covered in melted ghee (there’s a great grassfed one from Byron bay that has all the extra vitamins). Once you’ve turned it over, melt some slices of bega cheese and ham, fold it over in half and then divide into two serves. This gives you zero carbs, plenty of fat and the eggs are a high quality protein. It’s very filling, plus if you do the right thing and drink lots of water, the psyllium swells up, you feel really full and it’s impossible to get constipated.
              Here is a not bad article about things to consider starting keto https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-...ing-keto-diet/
              Last edited by fickle; June 3, 2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Fickle, have you ever tried cheese is the new bread? It's an egg(or two) a cup of mozzarella and a cup parmesan, mix it, seperate into even portions,flatten it out on a baking sheet and cook it til it looks"set" it's sooooo good
                Last edited by paulywogg; June 3, 2020, 07:58 AM.
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  NO.. it's not just you! That's why I avoid all that zooming nonsense:welldone:
                  Told HR yesterday that I do not have the equipment (my own I add.. not provided by them) to do their one day first aider refresher course...a DAY of it ??
                  Norra chance...they can sort it themselves
                  We don't even get paid for the Nursing Home courses - the logic being we'd have to pay outside for a course .... f*cking wrong. So any courses even Manual Handling has to be done on your own time. I see the girls having worked 4 x 12 hour shift have to come in for some stupid 2 hour course. Makes me furious the way they are treated.
                  I don't give a shit - I'm P/T but these are young with families.....

Comment

@ paulywogg OH YUM YUM

Comment

You can make waffles with cheese and eggs, too. They are really good and don't bloat me up and make me feel dragged out like regular waffles used to. I either make savory ones with cheddar cheese or use mozzarella and then top with butter and berries. Really tasty.

I cracked up the other day. We were on a MANDATORY zoom meeting and while the EO was speaking, the FREE session timed out and cut him off :haha:! That's what happens when you're too cheap to pay for what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        We don't even get paid for the Nursing Home courses - the logic being we'd have to pay outside for a course .... f*cking wrong. So any courses even Manual Handling has to be done on your own time. I see the girls having worked 4 x 12 hour shift have to come in for some stupid 2 hour course. Makes me furious the way they are treated.
                        I don't give a shit - I'm P/T but these are young with families.....
                        That's ridiculous -- we get (allegedly -- but we really don't cos there aren't enough staff to free us up to go usually) offered a whole clatter of courses - regardless of how relevant they are to our job - it's a sort of one size fits all offer from HR -- we have a colleague who got stuck out working with a mad cow in a country branch - he couldn't STAND her - so he just applied for every course available -- the slaggings he got when he went to one (meant for the outside staff) on how to make hanging baskets:welldone:

I get it with the cheap NS -- the cock ups we've had over the years with equipment - purely because of the clowns in HQ 'saving' money -- idiots!

Comment

YAY!! Just got my marching orders...3 of us going to run lovely library about 20 mins away...just 3 days a week for the moment..early and late shifts...happy out!

How's everyone?

Comment

Great news Molly. I get all sorts of totally irrelevant training at work but do not have to pay. Spent the day painting and dining room finished. Great sense of achievement. Talking about zooming, did any of you Irish hear about Ming Flanagan. One of our idiot MEP’s based in Europe. Zoomed with only a shirt and under pants on. Not a good look.osteroops:

Comment

I gather he said the shirt was his effort at dressing up:happy2:
                              Don't think Ming cares what anyone thinks!!!
                              Fair dues to you with all the painting..I'm truly going to look back at this time as a time I did NOTHING...I have become bone lazy...work is very necessary at this stage!!

Comment

We've got more done in the last two days than the whole of the last 12 weeks. My in-laws could visit its soooooooo tidy.
                                I can now spend the next jow ever long its going to be trying to remember where the tidied stuff is.

My hair has grown faster than me moving.

Remember going for my pneumonia jab and listening to a bloke on the radio in the car who had decorated three bedrooms, re-grouted two bathrooms and decorated downstairs and was bored now............we'd only been in lockdown a month.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X