International Army June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Which large stores I wonder -- Penney's have made such a song and dance about 'we'll open, we won't open' I can't imagine they can just gather up staff in 4 days and open the doors -- Brown T's and Arnotts have said they are going to be appt. only -- Debenhams has gone bust --- where's left??
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

But it is good that things are somewhat under control - I just wish it would go away -- had enough now:huh:

Comment

Sorry been missing I did write a post yesterday which went missing when the site crashed.
        Just watching spring watch I would love to be out in the countryside now.
        Nothing to report from the Costa del Mersey.
        WAVING TO YOU ALL (didn't mean to put the caps lock on)

Comment

Hi MrsA...loving the countryside with the amount of wildlife ..it's probably never going to be like this again..the birds in the garden are having gatherings of more than 5000...Will have to tell the CMO!!
          Today has been endless...so boring..can't even be arsed reading or anything...
          How's MrA?

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]...........SHOUT AWAY, PET.

And now masks are mandatory on public transport as of the 15th June...........suppose that gives us all a chance to learn how to sew.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].........we get the weather coming in off the North Sea, that's why its baltic most of the time. The Pennines tend to protect us from the Atlantic weather.

The state school over here have been open all the way through although only for pupils that for either key/frontline worker children or those vulnerable children with 'hectic' (that's the posh word social workers use) households.
            Oddly enough the fee-paying posh private schools are slammed shut at the beginning until mid-September........you know the sort our government's children go to.

Still a grumpy auld woman.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. those vulnerable children with 'hectic' (that's the posh word social workers use) households.
              That's so sad that a child's home life is described a 'hectic'. Poor little mites - what they are sujected to we'll never know.
              All babies born the same but how they are treated from then on depends who they are born to.
              Makes me cry really to think about the unfairness of it ....

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                Which large stores I wonder -- Penney's have made such a song and dance about 'we'll open, we won't open' I can't imagine they can just gather up staff in 4 days and open the doors -- Brown T's and Arnotts have said they are going to be appt. only -- Debenhams has gone bust --- where's left??
                WELLLLL !!!! Topshop : Dunnes : Marks : next : H&M .....as long as they have room outside for Qs. Shopping centre shops can't open
                Penneys aren't opening.

I dunno - they are making things vvvvv complicated.

There's pub in the town here selling pints behind closed doors
                And in Dublin City too .- serving hatches & drinking in outdoor areas...... it's a farce a lot of it.
                Last edited by satz123; June 4, 2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Some Dunnes never closed [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - one in town was open all along, Pavillions one opened up a while back, the clothes section. The shopping center never closed either, to facilitate the 2 supermarkets I suppose.

Cant see out schools opening before the end of August. Secondary schools have finished for the summer anyway. My kids laugh when they imagine social distancing at school - they say it will never happen, what happens in the toilets, dressing rooms, walking home etc etc.
                  As the data drips in, its looking more and more to the idea that kids are not wildly spreading it, as they previously thought.

The SIL was in the thick of the 350 payments. She said it was almost a case of 'no questions asked' - it was rolled out in a panic. Shes a great mimic and some of the phone calls she took would crack you up. Travelling communities coming straight off the boat looking for their payments.. (they didnt get them).

I know a few small businesses that struggling, trying to get people to work - they just can't compete with 350/week.

You got Skerries Molly! Thats brilliant. Did they do that up recently? We mostly go to Donabate now, but drop into skerries from time to time.

My mother has a face mask factory going on [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], shes as busy as a bee.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post

@byebyebridgetjones - I have also noticed some aching lately and I put it down to white flour and sugar. So will see if removing those from my diet helps.
                    I have already noticed a very slight improvement in only 2 days...stay tuned.

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                    Ask me anything!!
                    I will! Still have a level of apprehension around the fat levels but I'll get there.

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post

I cracked up the other day. We were on a MANDATORY zoom meeting and while the EO was speaking, the FREE session timed out and cut him off :haha:! That's what happens when you're too cheap to pay for what you need.
                    ....and that is exactly what happened!

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

So would you consider taking a package Bridge, if it was on the table? I thought long and hard about it last year. Put my name in the hat, but no redundancies in our dept. Nice having a day dream about it..
                    I don't have the luxury unfortunately but as you say, nice to dream. Love work, hate people. Not a good combo.

I'm not sure how the Zoom husband ended up with greying and grimy underwear on during the course of this discussion, but I'll go with it :harhar:
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning just off for a run in the wind and rain. Mr A had a bad day yesterday, but is much better this morning and in the kitchen assembling a Tortilla for my breakfast when I get back.

As I am missing so much I am not sure what Bridgets diet is for?

Also sorry about the son and heir JC so many redundancies but at least his wife sounds proactive.

Talking of redundancies
                      I retired early and went off to do a university degree and took up running and eventually packed in the booze (about 100 times)

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Some Dunnes never closed [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - one in town was open all along, Pavillions one opened up a while back, the clothes section. The shopping center never closed either, to facilitate the 2 supermarkets I suppose.

Cant see out schools opening before the end of August. Secondary schools have finished for the summer anyway. My kids laugh when they imagine social distancing at school - they say it will never happen, what happens in the toilets, dressing rooms, walking home etc etc.
                        As the data drips in, its looking more and more to the idea that kids are not wildly spreading it, as they previously thought.

The SIL was in the thick of the 350 payments. She said it was almost a case of 'no questions asked' - it was rolled out in a panic. Shes a great mimic and some of the phone calls she took would crack you up. Travelling communities coming straight off the boat looking for their payments.. (they didnt get them).

I know a few small businesses that struggling, trying to get people to work - they just can't compete with 350/week.

You got Skerries Molly! Thats brilliant. Did they do that up recently? We mostly go to Donabate now, but drop into skerries from time to time.

My mother has a face mask factory going on [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], shes as busy as a bee.
                        I keep threatening to make masks but shall we say it's not my forte!!
                        Donabate lib won't be opening for ages..they're in a community centre and it can't open so....
                        Skerries not done up yet..it has a jinx on it...they've been trying to do that as long as I'm in libraries..every time something goes wrong..but this is extreme!!!
                        Happy enough..still would much rather my own lovely one but it will be ready end of July allegedly..at least I'll have no travel

Morning all...still watching America through one eye...I was reared by extremely political parents and the echoes of fascism comparisons are very scary...
                        Will he even go if he loses the election I wonder
                        And we wonder what happened to so many ancient civilisations ...scary stuff

Comment

Good morning just off for a run in the wind and rain. Mr A had a bad day yesterday, but is much better this morning and in the kitchen assembling a Tortilla for my breakfast when I get back.

Also sorry about the son and heir JC so many redundancies but at least his wife sounds proactive.

Talking of redundancies
                          I retired early and went off to do a university degree and took up running and eventually packed in the booze (about 100 times)

Comment

Talking of redundancies

Comment

Tried to post previous post and after 2 hours it went twice. Kept happening yesterday too. Anyone else have problems?

Comment

Good morning everyone. Yes Brit, I’ve had a few things go wrong recently, posts disappearing etc. Hope you enjoyed your run, I’ve been for a walk in the woods with two friends and I brought the lab/retriever with me. One of the ladies (my JRs) is having teeth pulled today so went to work with my daughter. Scary stuff in the US, very worrying. Looks like we are going to the next phase here. Just having a coffee and then plan to spend the day in the garden.

Comment

Working...
                                X