Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
    Great news Molly. I get all sorts of totally irrelevant training at work but do not have to pay. Spent the day painting and dining room finished. Great sense of achievement. Talking about zooming, did any of you Irish hear about Ming Flanagan. One of our idiot MEP’s based in Europe. Zoomed with only a shirt and under pants on. Not a good look.osteroops:
    A minger :sick:

He is now known as 'Ming the Trouserless' ..........

Comment

Love when we have days like that [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. I need visitors soon as Im falling into 'ah sure who's going to see it anyway'!

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Evening everyone. The first round of a series of consultations happened today regarding the new workplace 'look'. We were given the chat about our chances of being employed in the near future - with someone's kids and husband cavorting around in the background of the Zoom call listening in to it. is it just me?
      So would you consider taking a package Bridge, if it was on the table? I thought long and hard about it last year. Put my name in the hat, but no redundancies in our dept. Nice having a day dream about it..

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      NO.. it's not just you! That's why I avoid all that zooming nonsense:welldone:
      Told HR yesterday that I do not have the equipment (my own I add.. not provided by them) to do their one day first aider refresher course...a DAY of it ??
      Norra chance...they can sort it themselves
      My sister in law is the same, shes in social welfare. She forked out a fortune on a laptop to work from home - absolutely ridiculous. Good for you.
      Looking forward to the libraries open again.
      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], what would happen if they didnt do the course? Thats just mean.

I laughed at Ming, he really does not care!
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
        Love when we have days like that [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. I need visitors soon as Im falling into 'ah sure who's going to see it anyway'!

So would you consider taking a package Bridge, if it was on the table? I thought long and hard about it last year. Put my name in the hat, but no redundancies in our dept. Nice having a day dream about it..

My sister in law is the same, shes in social welfare. She forked out a fortune on a laptop to work from home - absolutely ridiculous. Good for you.
        Looking forward to the libraries open again.
        [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], what would happen if they didnt do the course? Thats just mean.

I laughed at Ming, he really does not care!
        Surely she got provided with the laptop by the Dept?? Crazy that...I think the way to go will be lots working from home at least some of the time.
        Unless this virus is sorted somehow in the near future there will be a lot of excess people in the workforce

Morning all!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
          Fell asleep reading and got a crick in my neck and when I did wake up I didn't know where I was and drool down my chin. Bet Mr. JC was thinking where had his beautiful bride gone.

Jenny had to buy a new laptop as her old one wouldn't cope with on-line teaching and zooming with the kids.

Odd little thought that went through my head there.........with people working from home their heating, gas, and electricity bills will be through the roof.

I've had to put the heating on this morning...........yep............June oop North.

Oh and while I'm being a grumpy bitch.........I'm getting a tad tired of all the adverts of people bring 'oh so happy' on adverts of everyone having fun under lockdown.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Surely she got provided with the laptop by the Dept?? Crazy that...I think the way to go will be lots working from home at least some of the time.
            Unless this virus is sorted somehow in the near future there will be a lot of excess people in the workforce

Morning all!!
            Employers will never get part time casual / student workers to go back if they keep giving them 350e a week for sitting on their arses.
            The schools & creches should re-open in July to get the country moving properly again. A trail run of the changes needed & iron out problems & no more time wasted when they go back in Sept.
            2 studies published over 8 week timeframe after sending children back to school - showed no increase in cases. Forget the country - Denmark I think.
            Last edited by satz123; June 4, 2020, 05:11 AM.

Comment

I've had to put the heating on this morning...........yep............June oop North.
              NOOOOOOOO !!! I refuse to put it on ....... icicles on the nose & blanket.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning and waves to the world,
                Fell asleep reading and got a crick in my neck and when I did wake up I didn't know where I was and drool down my chin. Bet Mr. JC was thinking where had his beautiful bride gone.

Jenny had to buy a new laptop as her old one wouldn't cope with on-line teaching and zooming with the kids.

Odd little thought that went through my head there.........with people working from home their heating, gas, and electricity bills will be through the roof.

Oh and while I'm being a grumpy bitch.........I'm getting a tad tired of all the adverts of people bring 'oh so happy' on adverts of everyone having fun under lockdown.
                HAHA -- grumpy old women --- that's what we've grown into -- love it --
                Still warm enough here Jacks - you definitely seem to get it much rougher up there than down here in balmy(ish) Dublin.. it is cloudy tho but much more pleasant! -- did you know that temperature went up to 167 degrees Fahrenheit somewhere... it was either outback Australia - Libya or Iran.... latherin heart - I've literally cooked roasts in cooler temps than that!

My days have now been changed -- Wed and Thurs and every 2nd weekend - and in Skerries so literally just down the road - working with a good pal so we should have fun.. if the weather stays nice I'll be able to swim at lunchtime sort of thing - so yeah - that's good

Comment

WHERE are you Benjybutton??? It isn't roasting but it sure as hell ain't cold -- still in my shorts!!! Nearly doing a Ming haha!!

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Employers will never get part time casual / student workers to go back if they keep giving them 350e a week for sitting on their arses.
                  The schools & creches should re-open in July to get the country moving properly again. A trail run of the changes needed & iron out problems & no more time wasted when they go back in Sept.
                  2 studies published over 8 week timeframe after sending children back to school - showed no increase in cases. Forget the country - Denmark I think.
                  agreed agreed agreed -- tho they are going to cut the 350 to 203 to anyone who was or is part time so that might make a difference.. schools -- yeah - well my daughter would kill me but I do think they should have a few weeks to break this long period of time... can't see it happen tho

Comment

Well done on the painting Rustop! The Ming gave me a good laugh
                    Paulywogg I have never heard of cheeseisthenewbread! Am going to try it this weekend. Found a recipe with jalapeno looks good!
                    NS, thanks for the waffle idea.. i went down an internet rabbit hole looking for a waffle iron. they are expensive! Will keep on looking. Was speculating just the other day over whether waffles would be a thing you could convert to keto. I will not gie up till i've done it
                    I also had to spend a bunch on IT so i could work at home. What made me really mad was IT Support kept giving me wrong advice so I bought stuff I didn't even need. Have to try to claim it back on tax now. Soooo bloody stressful it was! ARGH!
                    I'm also working on perfecting the ultimate keto chocolate brownies and will report back when I have achieved this pinnacle of culinary art :happy2:

Comment

Morning Fickle -- or rather for you --- good evening!

Comment

Afternoon all. Has turned chilly over this side now. Dropped my daughters car to the garage and the house was definitely cool when I got back. Heat on for an hour, have to keep the fur babies comfy. Agree regarding the students, part-timers getting the €350. What most of them don’t realize they will be paying tax on it at some stage and Revenue are a lot more efficient than they used to be. Have to go do the dreaded grocery shop, catch you all later.

Comment

WHERE are you Benjybutton??? It isn't roasting but it sure as hell ain't cold -- still in my shorts!!! Nearly doing a Ming haha!!

agreed agreed agreed -- tho they are going to cut the 350 to 203 to anyone who was or is part time so that might make a difference.. schools -- yeah - well my daughter would kill me but I do think they should have a few weeks to break this long period of time... can't see it happen tho
                          I see organised crime gang make a mint on bogus claims of the 350 because they did no checking at the time. The form was so basic anyone could have got it.
                          Was a knee-jerk reaction and right at the time but ....
                          Should only have been very short-term answer & given to those who were genuine & had PRSI stamps showing they are working.
                          Effing Civil Servants have had months working 'at home' on this to identify the dodgy claims - maybe they have been? :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            I see organised crime gang make a mint on bogus claims of the 350 because they did no checking at the time. The form was so basic anyone could have got it.
                            Was a knee-jerk reaction and right at the time but ....
                            Should only have been very short-term answer & given to those who were genuine & had PRSI stamps showing they are working.
                            Effing Civil Servants have had months working 'at home' on this to identify the dodgy claims - maybe they have been? :haha:
                            d'ya know -- I think the country is in such financial shit that a few bob here or there will make feck all difference -- ironically -- somehow -- apparently our corporation tax take for the last 3 months is way up???? like WTF?? we were in good nick going into this and the EU is freeing up heaps of money so.. yeah - let them enjoy their little jolly -- if someone had handed me 350 a week for a while for doing nothing I'da taken it!! -- ooooohhh I'm s'posed to be honest now amn't I haha --- NOPE wouldn't take it!:happy2:

Comment

Evening.
                              Just back from visiting mother the 'woman behind the wire'. She's in fine fettle and happy as Larry in her little bubble.
                              It start just spitting rain and she stands up & says "well I'm going in now" and off she went :haha:

I think most of her dementia & depression was caused by recurring untreated UTIs - that's something they are on the spot to treat in there. So she has stapilized.
                              That's something to remember when we get 'real' old .... ? :egad:

Comment

Larger retail stores to reopen on Monday ahead of schedule
                                Government has brought forward opening date based on heath officials’ advice :yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X