X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Morning,

Originally posted by brit View Post
    Tried to post previous post and after 2 hours it went twice. Kept happening yesterday too. Anyone else have problems?
    Couple of times............i not sure its MWO as FB is as slow as a snail at times during the day..........I'm thinking it maybe its just the amount of 'traffic' on the interweb.

I think there's a good few of us here who have been to the US and we know they are good people but the orange man, well quite frankly, is scaring the living crap out of me.

And if I hear the blond bumbler say one more time.........'lets move on' I shall scream.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

On the lighter side my gazebo is arriving today. The lovely Dean is bringing it between 12:25 pm & 13:25 pm.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

oooh good luck with the gazebo -- aren't we allowed have people in the house now tho..? one or two -- Jaysus I'm dead confused!
        Have spent about 5 mins trying to work out who the blond bumbler is --- got it! oh yeah he would love to move on alright!! the world's gone a bit mad methinks -- sometimes it's quite nice to live on a very small very unimportant island!

Of course the American population are good people -- no one is denying that.. had some wonderful holidays over there - and with the exception of one particularly surly security man in JFK once I never met anything but kindness and courtesy -- but --- he's there - and he's scary... anyway - I s'pose it's none of my business cos it's not my business... it's not my country -- but it feels like it IS my business cos it's a small little world... don't mind me -- only ruminating.
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

and when I said 'he's there.. and he's scary' I didn't mean the surly security man in JFK:harhar:

Comment

Evening all, its a bit cold here as well. Supposed to be minus 3 tonight and next few days only get to a top of 12 degrees. Glad I got my groovy euro woodstove pumping out the heat!
            Queens Birthday long weekend here and was hoping to get into the garden but to be honest it's a bit too cold to be enjoyable. I might just try to get some good walks in. I've got a bit carried away with keto brownies so not losing weight at the moment, just flatlining. It's hard to do it over a long time so waiting for my motivation to kick in again. Here they are easing restrictions and opening borders. Have news today that some family will be coming for a visit in couple of weeks so might be throwing a party. I think the legal limit is 10 of us and we will be 11 so can't go to a restaurant, even if we can find one that's open. So think I'll do a bonfire and get food delivered. It will be a challenge as its my family who are all big drinkers. But I will stock up on the kombucha ginger beers and look forward to feasting. It will be a thrill to see everyone as we've all been in isolation for months.

Comment

So think I'll do a bonfire and get food delivered. It will be a challenge as its my family who are all big drinkers. But I will stock up on the kombucha ginger beers and look forward to feasting. It will be a thrill to see everyone as we've all been in isolation for months.
              I'm the opposite to you [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] I have enjoyed the fact I had an excuse not to go to parties or house visiting.:sick: ( told yiz I was odd)
              MrS is now on the case FFS - "we HAVE to go visit XX and XX and see how XX is after the operation " ............... spare me.

Comment

The gazebo arrived in a box the size of a large pizza.......although it wasn't a whole gazebo it was the side panels for a gazebo. The picture on the website showed a whole gazebo...............but I didn't read the small print.............so I have basically an expensive windbreak.
                I did what anyone would do.............and promptly let loose 12 weeks trying to hold it together into a snot fest.

I am now calm.

We're no where near having anyone in the house other than those who live here permanently. We can meet up to six people outside as long as we keep two metres away from each other................so when our Jenny & her partner come over or the S&H and his missus come over they'll have to sit in the garden. As the weather in NE England ...lets put it this way we can have four seasons in a day............hence the urgency for a gazebo.
                If they need the facilities they will have to disinfect the bathroom after usage and any surfaces they may touch.
                We will not be able to touch each other.
                All these rules apply unless you're an advisor of the prime minister.

Regardless of me whinging on [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]........... I hope you have the best time. :hug:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya Ladies - and Chancers too, if yer about!!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  The gazebo arrived in a box the size of a large pizza.......although it wasn't a whole gazebo it was the side panels for a gazebo. The picture on the website showed a whole gazebo...............
                  Haha - that had me laughing out loud, Jackie dear. Sounds like something I would do!!

Weather gorgeous today - hopefully will be that way over the weekend! Not swimming weather for me yet, but a nice day spent sitting on my patio counting my cherry tomatoes and getting some sun sounds great to me.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - I too, have noticed a change. Although I feel like I'm starving myself since I'm not eating much, I do feel better without the white starchy sugary shite. Am going to attempt to make some whole wheat soda crackers on the weekend and will make one of my delish carrot cakes to curb my sweet tooth a bit. Very little choccie has been consumed and it's 70% cocoa. Honey dew melons are in season as are apricots - cherries just starting. All kept to a minimum and boiled eggs for protein. And goat's milk yoghurt for some indulgence. I'm hungry tho' and that makes me a little annoyed. Just want to get out of the habit of eating those fillers like bread and pasta. But defo an improvement.

Mrs. A - sorry to hear about Mr. A. You two really have had a time of it. Hugs to you...

Molls - good news about the library. Anything close to home is good.

Satzy - I too am enjoying the distancing. I do see my grandson now - practically every day so that is good. As for the rest of friends and family - talking on the phone with my girlfriends and a couple of very short visits is about it. Rather like it...

Rusty - hope y0u continue to get your walks in. I have started getting out a bit. I work such long hours that I really have to motivate myself but it feels so good afterwards.

Waves to anyone I've missed!!

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Howdy all -- oh yeah I'm loving the distance -- this has worked out so well for me tbh -- see much more of the grandkids cos we are just living in the garden and they come and go most all day every day -- Joey's still not back working - the site he was on is still not re-opened but he's happy out and the two little girls are great companions for each other - Simon is so laid back it's not funny so see loads of them as well --- AND NO ONE ELSE.... absolute sodding heaven... but -- here we go -- it's all beginning to open up so must face the world soon - and yes Stirly - near home is wonderful - start work at 9.30 -- leave home at 9.15 -- nowt wrong with that!!!!

NOW -- has the pandemic produced a particularly thick generation of baby birds -- bless them -- and I mean that - sweet little balls of fluff learning to fly ---- BUT -- into our windows -- it's about 10 times a day at this stage -- and we had a casualty yesterday that needed burying -- it's really sad

Comment

I got a dress online from China once Jacks - it sounds like a similar case to your gazebo -- the picture was of a beautiful ankle length swirly pink and white dress - perfect for summer evening swanning out to dinner -- what arrived (bearing in mind I'm near 6 ft and Chinese people are -- a bit smaller) barely covered my bum - welded to my stomach - looked like you'd wear it in a brothel --- still laugh everytime I see it upstairs - for some reason I keep thinking SOMEONE would want it..

Comment

Thanks for your tales of woe. it was just one of those minor things that just tipped the scales. I didn't half feel a proper tool. Needless to say its going back.

I hang on to the fact back in the day when I was drinking and half an eye open. on eBay.........remember bidding wars.......I snagged a pair of Italian boots for the grand total of £1.94..............turned out to be very posh and worth nigh on £250 . I've still got them..........snakeskin patterned dark pink leather.................look great with jeans.
                        Might wear them to Tesco tomorrow.

Night loves. :hug:
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I got the matching hooker shoes to your dress Molly, also from China, about 4 sizes too small. Classy.

Nice find [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]! Well, you have a good story now about the wind breaker! Great idea for the garden.

Our restrictions are loosening a lot more that originally planned on Monday. Definitely an air of the worst is over now..

YEs, Im the same, really liked the slower pace. Talk's now of BBQs and well, more BBQs.. seems like a lot of effort... and pressure to be doing something all the time.

Am weighing up the risk of letting MrM do my roots.. If I was a plank of wood, Id be gorgeous already.
                          Last edited by IamMary; June 5, 2020, 06:14 PM.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                            I got the matching hooker shoes to your dress Molly, also from China, about 4 sizes too small. Classy.

Nice find [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]! Well, you have a good story now about the wind breaker! Great idea for the garden.

Our restrictions are loosening a lot more that originally planned on Monday. Definitely an air of the worst is over now..

YEs, Im the same, really liked the slower pace. Talk's now of BBQs and well, more BBQs.. seems like a lot of effort... and pressure to be doing something all the time.

Am weighing up the risk of letting MrM do my roots.. If I was a plank of wood, Id be gorgeous already.
                            [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]
                            :harhar: ah sure give him a go!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]
                              :harhar: ah sure give him a go!
                              Oh I dunno....I won't even let my lad buzz the back of my head ..and he shaves all the time...;-)
                              Morning all...what to do today?? Omg ...options?! HAH!

Comment

Afternoon all. We are off to a different garden centre today. This is our social outing of the week. Sorry about the gazebo JC, that’s like something I would do. Much colder here today.

Comment

Working...
                                X