Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Oh dear is right Bridge..all so sad..

Morning all..didn't sleep last night..think it's underlying anxiety about my world starting up again..really looking forward to going out to work...but...nervous..
    To paraphrase Gerry Adams 'the virus hasn't gone away you know'...if I knew the workplace and workmates I'm going to be in and with I'd be fine...but the likes of SmellyJohn??? Can't wash his body unlikely to wash his hands!!
    Ahhh just moaning...hate the unknown
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Oh dear is right Bridge..all so sad..

Morning all..didn't sleep last night..think it's underlying anxiety about my world starting up again..really looking forward to going out to work...but...nervous..
      To paraphrase Gerry Adams 'the virus hasn't gone away you know'...if I knew the workplace and workmates I'm going to be in and with I'd be fine...but the likes of SmellyJohn??? Can't wash his body unlikely to wash his hands!!
      Ahhh just moaning...hate the unknown
      Ah Molls :hug: you are not alone there.
      You'll be fine - just get over the firdt hour.

I get like that every Friday eve now that I'm only working weekends. Sleep badly without knowing why - I discovered it's that underlying anxiety not knowing what I'm going into.
      It's 'the fear' my DD talks about on Sunday eve X 1000
      Don't worry about the virus - it's on the wane. Just get a mask & wear it.
      Sanitising wipes to clean YOUR work area & you are good to go.

Managers should now have a protocol that all staff must follow - if they don't - tell them.
      Last edited by satz123; June 2, 2020, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Ah Molls :hug: you are not alone there.
        You'll be fine - just get over the firdt hour.

I get like that every Friday eve now that I'm only working weekends. Sleep badly without knowing why - I discovered it's that underlying anxiety not knowing what I'm going into.
        It's 'the fear' my DD talks about on Sunday eve X 1000
        Don't worry about the virus - it's on the wane. Just get a mask & wear it.
        Sanitising wipes to clean YOUR work area & you are good to go.

Managers should now have a protocol that all staff must follow - if they don't - tell them.
        Oh I know - and I am irrational about it - as it's the public service they'll have to follow the protocol to a T --- but.....

yeah -- omg -- THE FEAR??!!! I remember THAT!!! Jilly was with a pal at the weekend and they went on the lash -- well -- in the garden sort of -- and she has literally been dying since Sunday -- jeezUS --- what did we do to ourselves?? deffo don't miss that 'scared' feeling!!
        Is your nursing home completely clear now? and how's your mum?

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,

I understand completely. I don't even have to go anywhere and 'the fear' is there......
          Then there's confusion..................most of the time I don't know if I'm within guidelines or outside of guidelines.

I've more than made my mind up to go back and volunteer with the drug & alcohol services...........they're not taking anyone on at the moment. I love addicts.

A wee smile.............. Jenny's school has taken their first year 6 in............the teacher was having problems explaining what social distancing is so she came up with the bright idea of asking them to imagine there's a giant panda between them.............its worked like a dream.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yep we are clear & things starting to ease - visits in the garden etc.

My mother is in flying form 'what virus' ? :haha:
            She is 90 on 20/6/20 so was hoping by then restrictions will be loosened.

But not if the likes of yesterday is allowed ....... that's worse than one man in UK travelling 260mls.
            Those 5000 people were not all living within 5k - did anyone police that ?
            MAkes me SO MAD :rant:

But ye know there is possibly a reasonable explanation ..... we'll see.
            Last edited by satz123; June 2, 2020, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Morning to you all and to our friends in the US, I do hope things resolve peacefully soon.

I'm very busy reading all of the [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] recommendations :harhar:
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............there's been the same in London with the protests. Where are they coming from? How are they getting there? And as I said yesterday all the public conveniences are closed. Rumour has it they're being bussed in not just here but around the world.

The police shouldn't have to be dealing with this.............we can show oour support on-line. Because I don't sleep or I'm sleeping at odd times I saw it unfolding life and it broke my heart and its still sore.

And yer man there, .............it was 600 miles in total and driving tAnd he's the man with all the bright ideas for Boris. The trust in anything that comes out of our 'leaders' has all but gone over here...............but the majority are still doing their best but tbh we're tired and we're getting very cynical. Especially up North,
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

And to add to the crap mood I'm in.............I can't get into my back garden because there's fecking big van digging up the pavements over the fence to lay piping or something. Its so loud its making the shut windows rattle and I can still hear it.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello and Happy June to all!!

Our first day of summer started out cool and cloudy which developed into thunder and lightning storm with the rain bucketing down and hail thrown in for good measure!! :egad:

Have only glanced at what is going on in the US. Can't say that I expected much else.
                    [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - that is just mental. As you said - why go to all the bother with lockdown and such and then go out in masses?

Am somewhat reluctant myself to be out and about. Finally went out for coffee on Sunday after so many months but I was a little leery.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - glad things have evened out at the JC mansion. They usually do, don't they? Hope all goes well with S&H. Fingers and toes crossed...
                    [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - so happy that both of you can finally get out and about a bit. Even a short jaunt is so good for the soul.
                    [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - I too would be anxious about going back to work under unkown conditions. I'm not really too happy about working with our one employee since his wife works in a clothing store at a mall that has recently opened. So she's in contact with people all day. Not good....
                    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - your post made me LOL!! I have started to cut back due to the several kilos that I have acquired during the last few months. After all, beach time is right around the corner and I don't want to look like a very colourful beached whale. All my own doing of course. I have a great weakness for the Greek sweet bread known as Tsoureki and have eaten more than my share since Christmas. And always having a scoop of ice cream in the evening, and a couple of cookies. Then cooking something special on the weekends for my friend does not help either. Eat more than I should then. But getting back on track. No ice cream, cookies or anything with white flour or added sugar in the house. Use honey in baking and have even started eating yoghurt without honey. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be back to my normal weight. Actually not so much for appearance as for the fact the the few extra kilos slow me down. I have also noticed some aching lately and I put it down to white flour and sugar. So will see if removing those from my diet helps.

Waves to Rustylocks and Chancers.
                    Last edited by stirly-girly; June 2, 2020, 08:25 AM.
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Afternoon all. Checking in from phone so will be short and sweet. Madness everywhere, between Dublin and the US. Sorry about your soldier JC, hopefully it will all work out. Not easy being the parent, hopefully you will soon get out in the garden. Good luck going back Molly. It’s a worry and all we can do is keep hand washing and maintain your distance. I wipe everything before I use it when I get into work. Today my mouse stopped working :egad:, think I cleaned it too much.

Keep the nutritional info coming Fickle. I have continued to do wellness workshop (weight watchers) during lockdown. It’s really healthy eating and plenty of good food. Keeps me motivated and I lost about 8lbs over 10 weeks. No longer overweight but could do with loosing bit more off the tummy.

Comment

Evening all.. another very warm day but thankfully to cool down somewhat tomorrow so might actually get some bits done in the house -- really don't want to go back to work and leave it as a pit..
                        How's everyone?

Comment

Well I obviously wasn't the only one 'giving out' about the march in Dublin yesterday : it has been condemned from many sources and an investigation is to be carried out.
                          God bless Social Media where this breaking of the law / lockdown is highlighted .......:thumbsup:

Comment

X - post Molls - took me so long to write it !

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post

Keep the nutritional info coming Fickle. I have continued to do wellness workshop (weight watchers) during lockdown. It’s really healthy eating and plenty of good food. Keeps me motivated and I lost about 8lbs over 10 weeks.
                              So have I [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] with less success. They've stopped giving out the codes free - any idea what we do now ?? I like the online tracker.
                              Another plus of the lockdown - rather than q at shaggin' Tesco I discovered a little old fashioned Fruit & Veg shop - the fruit is gorgeous & they sell IRISH tomatoes. Just no comparison imo.
                              I may be overeating fruit now - again addictive behaviour - bingeing on black grapes, juicy pears , bananas ...... FFS!

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...............that's why I like it when Mr. JC goes into to work........they're got a wee greengrocers and a bakers.
                                I do miss just walking up to Tesco but I can't be bothered to queue for half an hour a loaf or cross the road to M&S just for a couple of custard cream slices and a pot of their prawns

I don't half miss my Dad's tomatoes straight out of greenhouse.

Lovely sunny day and the rain has arrived..........should keep the eejits in or at least some of them. Mr. JC all loaded up for his favourite destination tomorrow................the tip.
                                Last edited by JackieClaire; June 2, 2020, 03:09 PM.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X