International Army June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Army June 2020

Pinch punch and all that jazz.............

I have triple checked that I've spelt June correctly.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: International Army June 2020

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]...............talk about what you are passionate about, sweetheart, don't stop, promise me.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]
    Yes you do. I recommend putting your face within one inch of theirs and saying the following:
    'Yes I'll have a Vodka. Hit me up. But first, I have my crack pipe here and you SIMPLY MUST come and get a hit with me.
    Because ME.
    I won't take NO FOR AN ANSWER....'
    Exactly. I wouldn't shove a rare steak down a vegan, either.

London's shut...............read a heart breaking article about the rise of street sleepers. The toilets, shower places are shut as well. The sandwich shops that would give their leftovers out at the end of the day are just not there..........its not just London, its cities all over the UK.......... Volunteers are taking up the slack as per usual and the good old Sally Army.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]................another Bank Holiday...............our next ones August.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning and welcome to sunny June. Went out for a run at 6 am never saw a soul but it is 9.30 and the whole world is out and about now.
      Going out for a walk with mr A at 11.30 as he seems better and We both benefit from the fresh air!
      Thanks for your support lovely people.

Comment

Oh great he's better MrsA..enjoy the good days..yeah we have a glut of bank hols April may June...then none
        Had a smashing swim and walk ..water was gorgeous and we had the beach to ourselves except for 3 horses and a walker...very nice
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I've just ordered a gazebo..............as we're allowed six people in the garden just thought what would happen if it was hissing down. Our Jenny & Ads are going to visit.....they're not allowed inside the house apart from using the toilet.........they'll have to clean it, and wipe down any surfaces they touch like the banister or they could nip up and use Tesco's or piddle in the hedge.

Actually thinking about the beaches luckily up here we have a long coast line so they don't get packed.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
            Good morning and welcome to sunny June. Went out for a run at 6 am never saw a soul but it is 9.30 and the whole world is out and about now.
            Going out for a walk with mr A at 11.30 as he seems better and We both benefit from the fresh air!
            Thanks for your support lovely people.
            That's wonderful to hear. :hug:
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening All,
              To answer your question from May, Molly, nobody knows what we're going to be and do. But they want to consult about it. And they will ask us what the issues are. And we will ask them to answer their own question. And they will tell us to go away and think about the issues. And when we come back with the issues they will say we are being negative and change averse. We will all go away and bitch about each other's issues.
              Has anyone seen Utopia?

Glad to hear that Mr Brit is getting through it Mrs B.

How is the 'feel' around JC Manor today JC? All back to normal again?

I think I'm going to try Keto.
              Got rid of all the sugary stuff tonight. Down my neck.
              I think Keto helps with sugar cravings so better do that. Bloody hell.
              I'm going to end up like one of those people on My 600 Pound Life where the ambos have to come and get them by smashing some bricks out the side of their front doors to widen it. Then they lay down in the back of a mini van for 15 hours and eat takeaway while someone drives them to Texas to Dr No-whatsy and he tells them they are liars and everyone cries. Except Dr No. He likes it.

I don't want to go to Dr No. Or do an episode of M600PL with a really bad voice over.

I'm making my own head thump. Off to bed.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Christ NOT Dr No.... !!!(never heard of him):happy2:
                Well in a way I envy you that they would even DREAM of consulting you about 'issues'..we are truly treated as if we are a colossal nuisance to the oh so important little Hitler's in HQ....if I didn't love my job i'd be outta there after giving them a word about some if my 'issues';-)
                Sleep well all downunders!!
                Too hot here...not on..go away sun!!
                Last edited by mollyka; June 1, 2020, 10:24 AM.
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  I'm going to end up like one of those people on My 600 Pound Life where the ambos have to come and get them by smashing some bricks out the side of their front doors to widen it. they lay down in the back of a mini van for 15 hours and eat takeaway while someone drives them to Texas to Dr No-whatsy and he tells them they are liars and everyone cries. Except Dr No. He likes it.

I don't want to go to Dr No. Or do an episode of M600PL with a really bad voice over.
                  :haha: Bridget we'll make sure you get a good voice over.
                  I'm ashamed to admit I've watched M600PL - many episodes ............. you've described it very well .

Dr Now ...
                  Younan Nowzaradan (Persian: born October 11, 1944), also known as Dr. Now, is an Iranian-American surgeon, TV host, and author. He specializes in vascular surgery and bariatric surgery. He is known for helping morbidly obese people lose weight on My 600-lb Life (2012–present).
                  Last edited by satz123; June 1, 2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Who is Dr. NO???????
                    I'm only watching cop dramas, Vicar of Dibley, The Tudors (yes for the umpteenth time) Vikings, and Family Guy...............am I missing out??????

We're back on an even keel............. Himself has taken a couple of days off which he will be spending taking things to the tip............we will not be in a five mile queue for IKEA.

Sadly, the S&H has been has lost his job. They won't be opening his branch of a posh soft furnishing shop at the end of the month so he's had to go. He'd been furloughed ( I still don't know the ins and outs of furloughing ) and he'll be paid to the end of the month. He wasn't half upset this morning (so was his mum) after all he is my little soldier. Okay he's 32 this month and 6'2" but the little soldier has just stuck and I'm daft.
                    Anyhoo his missus has got him signed up to every known job site in the area and he's a lot more positive tonight.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

The BLM solidarity march in Dublin today...in a covid -19 pandemic....Looks to me like no lives matter .....I GIVE UP ...who let this happen...and what were the last 3 months about.. why did people die alone, weddings cancelled, grandparents unable to see kids, jobs lost , seeing my mother behind bars etc to stop the spread? Back to square one FFS !

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] sorry to hear that about S&H.
                      Furloughed usually a temporary layoff from work.People who get furloughed usually get to return to their job after a furlough.
                      Last edited by satz123; June 2, 2020, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        The BLM solidarity march in Dublin today...in a covid -19 pandemic....Looks to me like no lives matter .....I GIVE UP ...who let this happen...and what were the last 3 months about.. why did people die alone, weddings cancelled, grandparents unable to see kids, jobs lost , seeing my mother behind bars etc to stop the spread? Back to square one FFS !
                        Mental

AH I am sorry to hear that [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. WHo could have predicted this mess.. He's a smart lad, fingers crossed.

Going to youtube Dr now.. cos I nosey. Avoiding bed, because its a work day tomorrow again.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

NOW I'M PISSED OFF !!!!
                          Night

Comment

x post Mers - why should we bother if they are allowed to do this ????

Comment

Oh you are frigging joking now...

The dingos here will be doing the same thing first chance that they get [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] That's why I want re-opening to be delayed (apart from the fact that I like isolation) Some people hear 'relaxing of measures' as 'go hard and forget it ever happened'

I'm so sorry to hear about the little soldier (they are always our kiddies) JC. Employment issues are such a worry.

Oh dear - the US!
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X