No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 21 DF. Feeling good looking for a restful weekend. Thank you all for everything. Your making my quit a bit easier knowing if got mwo in my corner.

Comment

Congrats on 3 weeks Mr B that is fantastic, time flies when we are having fun! Maybe not so much fun at the beginning but life gets so much better.

I just did a 7.5 kilometre walk and never in my drinking days would i be up and functioning at 9am let alone walking. I am happy this is my new life.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Just a quick check in this evening. I have a chicken and veggies roasting in the oven. It smells wonderful in here, and it's almost dinner time. I went quite a while without bothering to cook for myself, and my body and spirit started to wilt from the neglect. So this is my new goal - back to eating homemade and healthy food. It's saving me a fortune already.

Happy to see that everyone is staying strong.

Byrdie, glad your step-daughter has you to lean on during this difficult time.

Mr. B - great job on 21 days!

Ava - a 7.5 km walk! Wow, that's impressive. (Yes, I did have to Google it. I never did get the the metric system down pat) I need to add some exercise back into my life. I think it would go a long way to helping with the winter blues that are already setting in. But I know that it's spring there, so enjoy the nicer weather.

Guitarista - always love your positive posts. Keep 'em coming.

Well, dinner is done, so I'm off.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

It's only 7:30 but seems so much later because it gets dark so darn early - confusing my chickens too

Congrats on your 3 AF weeks Mr B - great work
          Kensho, hope you feel better very soon - I hate the barfing disease.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest. See you all in the daylight

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 21 DF. Feeling good looking for a restful weekend. Thank you all for everything. Your making my quit a bit easier knowing i got mwo in my corner. I got my wife in there too.

Comment

Moss im still working on the eating aspect. I went so long eating just grapes as i called it that food was not something i thought about much either. It took me 7 months being af to include exercise so no hurry but i feel so much better afterwards. I cant get my head around lbs and kgs but kilometres and miles i am ok at.

well i am off shopping now, washing on, notes left for my lazy assed boys. Life is great!
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
                notes left for my lazy assed boys. Life is great!
                Ava - that's hilarious. I remember those days. Thanks for my laugh for the night!!
                Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

MAE Nesters,

Well, it's been a long week. The honeymoon is over with our 8th grade group of kids. Things are getting a little crazy. There was a fight outside my classroom - a boy and a girl. Yep. It was quite scary. Security wasn't far luckily, as were a few men teachers. I don't put myself in the middle of that anymore (did it once and paid for it). Needless to say, today was a bit stressful. The end of the 9 weeks is next week, so lots of work to do this weekend.

After my lovely day, I came home and slept two hours. That's how I deal with stress most of the time. Sleep. I could have walked on the treadmill, but was too exhausted for that. So after the long nap, I ate pizza and had a brownie. Going to watch some netflix in a few. I think that's a fine Friday night.

Yogamom, I'm sorry to hear of your brother's passing. That must have been quite difficult for you and your family.

Byrd, I bought a keyboard for my iPad. I love it as i can easily transport it anywhere I go and easily type. It attaches to the iPad, so it's not that you have a separate keyboard. Got at Best Buy.

Kensho, hope you feel better. I'm doing the same as you this evening!

Mr. B, I'm so glad you're feeling better and rested. Congrats on your 21 days. That's awesome!

Ava, wow, that's a great walk, girlfriend. Keep it up! Walking on my treadmill is something I actually love to do. I play my music so loud and dance around on the treadmill and break a good sweat. I have nearly fallen many times, so I need to be careful. Walking outside irritates my plantar's foot. And I can't dance and act weird like I do on the treadmill. But if I didn't have the foot thing, I would be outside. Enjoy your shopping with Mia.

Moss, glad you're getting back to taking care of yourself and eating well. That makes a huge difference.

Ok, onto Netflix. Have a wonderful Friday night or Saturday.
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I will have to check the keyboards out, J-vo! Thank you!! Xxoo, t
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, Everyone:

I broke a cardinal rule tonight - I ended up at a post-conference social at a bar, and because I was dependent on someone else, I couldn't leave when I wanted to. I had a high stress day yesterday, and the conference was long and I had to be on my toes all day (I was one of the speakers), and I really just wanted to go home. But I was an hour drive away, and my ride wanted to go to the party. I had a sudden feeling of total social awkwardness, I think (in my post mortem) due to the fact that I was sort of out of it tired. Anyway - I snuck into the bathroom and emailed some friends, and came out of it ok. But I will remember, ALWAYS have an exit strategy. If it wouldn't have been so weird I would have just sat in the car, but I thought that would be even more awkward.

Yogamom - thanks for sharing that story. My non Irish family gets through everything with drink, too - happy sad and everything in between. I'll bet you feel good having been there for your brother when he needed you.

Way to go on 3 weeks, Mr. B.

Good night, all.

Pav

Comment

Good morning Nesters,
                        Happy Saturday to all

Taking my time to get into gear this morning. No pressing matters need my attention!!!

Pav, sorry you found yourself stuck in that situation but it sounds like you handled yourself quite well - good for you
                        All of these things get easier, you'll see!

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Saturday!
                        I'm heading out to play with the chickens for a while, LOL

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning, Nesters!
                          Pav, I am so glad you made it out, ok. Those situations are TOUGH! But the good news is that you can shore up your plan in that spot and it wont catch you again. I should make a note of that in my I Have a Plan Speech....The Exit Strategy! It is a miserable time when you are ready to go and there is no end in sight. Great job on getting thru it!

A beautiful morning in Charleston! A great day to he alive and sober! Hang in there today everyone, no matter what! Xxoo, B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Pav,
                            You got through that situation and it's made you stronger, even though you probaby didn't realize it at the time. Each time we get through something new that we thought we couldn't handle, it strengthens us. So good for you, and take a cab home next time!

Today is a work catch-up day, laudry, and everything else that I need to get done to prepare for a new week. Have to get things done today as my nieces birthday party is tomorrow. I'm actually glad I don't have to run anywhere. I can open the back door a bit and let the fall breeze flow a bit until my son comes down and yells that the stink bugs are getting in. Hopefully he'll sleep awhile longer! Have a sober-free day all.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Yoga mom, thanks for the story with us. I think a lot of people deal with death by drinking. I guess they don't want to feel the pain. We know that doesn't work, not for us anyway.

Pav, so glad you got through that situation.

I went over to my friends last night, a bunch of us gals get together every few months. There Was a lot of wine and food, it was fun. Everyone is getting pretty used to me not drinking, which is great. My friends mom has 8% kidney function left, her kidneys are damaged from years of drinking. The mom is 70. I have no doubt that if I drank AL for the next 20 years, I would be in the same boat.
                              Anyway, off to the market!
                              Xo
                              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

It's an unbelievably beautiful fall morning here. Clean, crisp air and an amazing view of the mountains. I absolutely can't imagine being clouded from this enjoyment by a hangover. And it's nice to be hungry again!

Way to go Pav on your night out. Glad you're hanging in Jvo. Find something wonderful to enjoy this day All.
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X