Bac Brands -- need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bac Brands -- need help!

Ok, someone asked me what brand of bac I am using, which made me think about maybe that being one of my big stumbling blocks (wrong brand/s for me?).

I know this issue has been taken up many a time on this forum from many different angles, and I've gone back through the threads and re-read lots of interesting, but often contradicting posts/information/discussion. I'm more confused than ever.

I just want to know if anyone knows (or has an opinion about) whether some brands are better/worse, more potent/less potent, more consistent/inconsistent than others? Are there "superior" concoctions out there?

Also, could it be that different brands have different effects on different people because of their individual physiology? i.e, Lioresal gives less SEs than Bacmax for some people and vice-versa for others?

:help!
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Bac Brands -- need help!

Got mine from United Phamacy called Pacifen. I take 50mgs over the day in 10mgs doses. Now I have re ordered from 4RX as they do 25mgs doses and seemed cheaper but not arrived yet!
    I will let you know.

Comment

Bac Brands -- need help!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...fen-46174.html

I'll only use TEVA today, or foreign brands in the future if I need to.

I would assume Lioresal should be the gold-standard, but now that I think about it...why? Because they were the first?

I've taken Lioresal but never as my main baclofen so I can't really comment as to SE's.
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Bac Brands -- need help!

Pacifen vs. Lioresal

beatle;1043185 wrote: Ok, someone asked me what brand of bac I am using, which made me think about maybe that being one of my big stumbling blocks (wrong brand/s for me?).

I know this issue has been taken up many a time on this forum from many different angles, and I've gone back through the threads and re-read lots of interesting, but often contradicting posts/information/discussion. I'm more confused than ever.

I just want to know if anyone knows (or has an opinion about) whether some brands are better/worse, more potent/less potent, more consistent/inconsistent than others? Are there "superior" concoctions out there?

Also, could it be that different brands have different effects on different people because of their individual physiology? i.e, Lioresal gives less SEs than Bacmax for some people and vice-versa for others?

:help!
        Hi - just wondered if you had had any personal replies to quote above as there does not seem to be many posts up in response. Been using Teva but my next batch is Pacifen 10. Read somewhere on my travels through the many threads and posts on here (great site!) that Pacifen is weaker than others. Any help on this much appreciated before I start on the new ones. Og

Comment

Bac Brands -- need help!

Dr. L. says he doesn't trust internet/overseas brands because they don't go through a pharmacy, and aren't vetted as such.

Lo0p's documented experience is the only one I know of that specifies a brand.

I think this is an area in which there could be a lot to gain from more exchange of information.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Bac Brands -- need help!

I only get the brand which is distributed by Walgreens. I don't know what formulation they use, as it is just listed as "Baclofen" on the label. But it seems to do the trick, with very few negative SEs (the only ones that have really bothered me are dizziness/nausea and sleeplessness).

Comment

Bac Brands -- need help!

My brand says "Baclofen" only on it, made by McDermott Labs. Think I got a fairly pleasant ride mostly on the SE front. It's the only one I tried.

Comment

Bac Brands -- need help!

I've used Bacmax from 4RX - right at the start.

Another brand I cannot for the life of me remember the name of... 25mg tabs when I was still on a very high dose - also came from 4RX, though.

Have been on Pacifen exclusively for over a year, since InHouse's deliveries are the only ones that get into South Africa without being seized by our frigging Customs.

I still think the Pacifen is a bit weaker than what the others were, but not by such a significant margin that it worries me in the least. I just upped the dose a bit to compensate.
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Bac Brands -- need help!

I think I notice that Lioresal (Novartis), which is the standard in Europe (I think), is stronger then the one I get from a U.S. pharmacy (Qualitest). It's hard to tell for sure, though, since the Qualitest pills are 10mg, and the Lioresal are 25mg. And I mix them a lot --i.e. a usual 35mg dose = one Lioresal (25mg) and one Qualitest (10mg)

I looked them both up on the net and they are big, bona fide companies. I trust Novartis most because it is a really big company (Swiss) not set up to just make generic brands, which Qualitest is.

Dr. L., who is not bothered by brands, would say they are equal, since they are both dispensed through pharmacies. I don't think he would deny, however, that different people can have different reactions to different brands.

Comment

Bac Brands -- need help!

Pacifen 10 seems to be quite cheap. I found a pharmacy that sells 600 10mg Tablets for $118. I took it today first time and it had(still has) a great effect on me. Althought the buzz from the first tablet, finished after 5hours, but it was not gradual, it suddenly disappeared. I just took next tablet.

I also bought from Goldpharma 25mg tablets, which I have been halving and they are called neuro(something) and they seemed quite strong and I felt rather slightly stoned as if on recreational drugs for a while.

I was drinking then and mixed both alc and tablets.

It's my second AF day and I do not know much about doses, but Pacifen for the price is worth a go and for the amount of tablets you get you can always compensate with a dose.

I only took 1x10mg and felt really good. Alcohol thoughts were already sidetracked and I was able to relax, and not think about my trip to a bottle shop.

Comment

Working...
                    X