Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - January 2013

Hello all

Going to try to read back before I crash. Long night & day.
    I was in bed last night sound asleep and heard a horrible crash in the bathroom. Jumped up & ran in there. Scott had passed out. Luckily didn't hit his head on the bathtub or sink. He was awake & up before I even got in there. The same thing happened back in late July.
    He went to the Doctor today and got antibiotics for his sinusitis. He had opened up his hernia incision from coughing so has antibiotic wash for that. They've done an EKG and are trying to get him into the neurologist on Tuesday. So - who knows.
    Came home & read a letter from my Dad. Found out that my Aunt now has tumors in her lungs. This is the Aunt that was so sick while I was up in Oregon. They have started her on another round of chemo. They told her that this one wouldn't be as harsh as the one that she was on last year.

Hope everyone is doing ok & hanging in there. I'm going to say goodnight. :l
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh God Nora....the hits keep coming....
      I will post my clay pot recipe when i get to work
      Pampered Chef may have some on line
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Friends,
        I'm up 'n' at 'em for another day. We will see the Lincoln movie this afternoon. MamaB, did you see Les Mis? Amazon was giving the book away for free in Kindle format, so I downloaded it. This morning I have to get working on charity thank you notes. All donors to a local charity receive a handwritten note from me. I didn't send any in December because of the seasonal busi-ness, but lots of donations came in.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good morning all, so far coffee tastes real good.
          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Good morning, all. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful, sunny, winter's day here.

Nora>I hope Scott will be well soon. Let us know what the neurologist says, okay? Please don't forget to take care of you.:l

Haven't had much to say lately. I have this ongoing, small wave of up and down depression going on, and it makes me quiet. I know what to do, I'm just scared to do it.

Have a good Friday everyone. May we all have a restorative weekend.
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

no I have not seen Les Mis yet
              hugs to Juja and Scott

Comment

Morning everyone!!!!!

Looking forward to this weekend. Not doing anything but just feel the need to sleep & regroup. I like Juja's remark about having a nice restorative weekend. Sounds like something we all can use.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day. :h
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Nora - SO sorry about what happened to Scott...that is scary. Is he ok now? I'm thinking of your aunt too :l

Miss Cleopatra - WHAT is a clay pot? I'm clueless when it comes to cooking. I'm lucky if I manage a meal without dropping it or injuring myself in the process.

Day 4 of no smoking...boy do I spend money when I quit smoking. I only smoked at home so I avoid going there at lunch and after work...guess where I end up? Yeah, shopping, buying crap I don't need and already have. I was saying in the Nest that last night me and my daughter were at the drug store looking around (killing time) and buying more makeup and whatnot and she was really wanting this nail polish that I thought was too expensive. Anyway, I sent her out to the car when we were done so I could sneakily buy the polish to suprise her. When I got to the car she asked me if I had snuck cigarettes in (as I've been known to do in the past) and I said "No, but I did sneak this in!" and I gave her the polish. I was so relieve to not have let her down/disappointed her again. That was my MO back in the day...send her out to the car while I bought my bad stuff...beer and cigs.

Ok enough rambling...happy Friday everyone!!!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

This is cruising at the moment , after being surrounded by alcoHELL everywhere the last few weeks, these early days in Jan feel nice and calm, bring it on ! Day 357
                    Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

FANTASTIC 199!!!! That is so awesome.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello!

I have not seen Lincoln or Les Mis and I would like to see both so any reviews are appreciated!

I am home alone tonight but I know I won't drink. I would LIKE to drink, but I would not like the aftermath of waking up with a headache, bloated and puffy eyed for the weekend. That part of my life is now officially OVER.

I hope you all have a wonderful AF night. I'm off to go for a walk and then eat some dinner and maybe a junky dessert...just one.
                        Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Hi Belles, I was also a frequent solo drinker, that's why wine is NOT my friend.

You mentioned an interest in church, something that is important to me. I posted 30 days of prayers in the What we Believe section.

Another resource you might like is the 30 days collection of posts by Eve11 under monthly moderation. You have said you will not go down the moderation road again, and neither will I but her posts are good.

Lincoln is excellent. We will see Les Mis because we love musical theater, but the reviews are mixed largely due to the way this was filmed: lots of close-ups, not enough background so you can easily understand the scene.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi guys - after a major slip yesterday I'm taking it one day at a time !!!

I need some serious help :-(
                            Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

we are here for you questy...what's your plan
                              flopping with mcdonalds
                              nice treat K9...I am sure you daughter loved it
                              I heard from Zen and she is doing ok in rehab so far

Comment

Sun..thanks for the tips. I am working on my spiritual side as I personally feel prayers and gratitude will be important for my success. I'll look at both threads!

Mama, how did the clay pot pork chops turn out?
                                Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Working...
                                X