Have stopped baclofen, but am not feeling great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started tapering down. Very slowly. It all went very well. The last dosage to be femoved were the 2x 25mg tablets i took before dinner. However since those have gone i've felt very low, depressed and have been crying a few times and my sleep is a disaster. Before i started to feel like this, i was feeling much more cheerful to be drugfree. I had more energy and felt human. I just wanted to know whether what i've described are side effects or possibly an unfortunate coincidence since we are having the longest bloody winter ever and everyone is feeling a bit fed up!
    Thanks

I'd say your mood is bac-related. 50mg to 0 is quite a jump. I went 30mg/day to 0 and it sucked a lot for several days to a week.

Comment

StuckinLA;1479183 wrote: I'd say your mood is bac-related. 50mg to 0 is quite a jump. I went 30mg/day to 0 and it sucked a lot for several days to a week.
      I'm with you stuck.

Take at least a 25mg now to reduce withdrawal. When I came off bac I did it in 5mg reductions over 3 days. Took a long time but it kept any monsters from knocking at the door.
      Teezah

Comment

It would immediately take some baclofen if you haven't already done so. Baclofen withdrawal is potentially dangerous.

I feel bad posting this, in that it might alarm you, but couldn't not say anything.

teezah's suggestion is very good, and really, what's another couple of weeks?

Comment

After I stopped baclofen for a while, I took 10 mgs before sleeping for 2 weeks, because I was a little nervous and did not sleep well. After that, I stopped completely and everything was pretty normal.
          Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

I think she's already said she's tapered down.

Took me a good week after getting to virtually zero (just 20mg before bed) for side effects to clear, and the wierd/depressive thoughts took a bit longer to disappear completely before they finished a few weeks after that.
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
            X