No announcement yet.

Fasting pre and post chemo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all the TLC worked...much better frame of mind and I'm ready and raring to go tomorrow. xx

Comment

Hi MHP - glad to see this, maybe a little caution and reluctance to face the week so you don't set yourself up for a let down! Sending many good wishes for a better week...
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL, I think you're right. It's more keeping a check on overcommitting. I've already double booked myself for a few things this week and it's my son's last week of school with all the social going on that entails. I'm prioritising, just pulling back a bit. And holding a steady course ;-)

Comment

NS - here's the answer to the question :happy2:

doing low fat for a number of reasons. Firstly we need to keep the fat away from being radiated. When you go under radiation, any fat circulating around that area in the blood vessels also gets radiated so try to keep fat intake low before radiation. Also, the fat component in the dairy is what contains the oestrogen in dairy. So low fat dairy options means lower dairy oestrogen exposure. Lastly, it is also to help you monitor and hopefully lose some weight J

The 5-HTP is to help with some of your mood swings from the menopause. It gives your body the nutrients to help make more serotonin which is what lowers when we go through chemo and menopause. It makes you feel better generally.

There you go...pm me if you want finer details but I think that about sums it up. She generally gets that whilst I know the weight will come off, having it on is adding to my general state of mind as it's literally all torso and bum. I feel like an apple with arms and legs.

Comment

Checkin' in...radiation proceeding as usual, day off today though. My feet are - insert any swear word you like - killing me. I know its from the Taxol but - other swear word. The Mepitel dressing is surviving the heat, just curling up at the edges.

So I'm cancelling appointments and got my legs elevated. Thinking of you all and especially Tawny having her op today xx

Comment

Bummer MHP - sorry you feel like the Dickens - that stinks, wish I could beat someone up for you!
              Have you kept the seran wrap this whole time? Is it something that stays on, not an off and on thingy?? (so many questions here - but knowing minds..) Do you still have to fit four sessions in this week, or is sixths a short week for you?
              Hope your legs elevated work well, and your rest is replenishing....
              Not sure what Tawny is facing, but all the best to her...

PS - swear away if it makes you feel better - goodness knows if anyone has the right to swear it would be you:hug:

Comment

In the words of my sweet little mom-in-law.....shit,damn,hell. ☺ that just about covers it, I think. Thank you for sharing with us. Love ya 💞

Comment

Haha...feet liked the rest, but its not all go, I took the advice and I'm using the day to rest.

SL this is the dressing - thought I'd put it here as a link for anyone doing or about to do radiotherapy.

http://www.molnlycke.com/news-media/...ation-therapy/

and yes day off today, four sessions this week.

Ginge, I'm loving the photos your posting on FB.

I was naughty and took off and had a pedicure. Told them NO scrubbing and just had a soak. I think that really helped too ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by myhappyplace View Post
                    ...doing low fat for a number of reasons. Firstly we need to keep the fat away from being radiated. When you go under radiation, any fat circulating around that area in the blood vessels also gets radiated so try to keep fat intake low before radiation. Also, the fat component in the dairy is what contains the oestrogen in dairy. So low fat dairy options means lower dairy oestrogen exposure. Lastly, it is also to help you monitor and hopefully lose some weight J
                    It's pretty cool they figured out various things you can do diet-wise to improve the outcome of the treatments! I hope you're not feeling too hungry.

Good for you treating yourself to a pedicure! I hope that made some of the foot pain improve. Have you ever tried any of the hot wax baths? Those are heavenly for aching arms or feet. I wish there was a full body one :haha:!

xx, NS

Comment

Hope today was a better day my dear, and you were able to see those pretty tootsies from the big nasty machine!

Comment

Just nipping in and stealing the thread for a moment - this is where I bump into Ginger - so a quick shout-out - so very well done on your 200 days Ginger:welldone::yay:

Comment

Originally posted by scottish lass View Post
                          Just nipping in and stealing the thread for a moment - this is where I bump into Ginger - so a quick shout-out - so very well done on your 200 days Ginger:welldone::yay:
                          Steal away SL!!! well done Ginger, you beautiful woman! great to hear xx

Comment

Hi all my favorite ladies! Made it home from our trip safe and sound. Drove straight through 24 hours. We are exhausted and hitting the hay. Hope everyone is doing well tonight. 😴😴😴

Comment

Ginger - Welcome home - looks as if you had a good time, but a 24hr drive - :egad:
                              Hope you are recovering well.

MHP - did you have a good weekend? How is your week starting? Thinking of you so much...

Comment

Welcome back Ginger! and yeah, like SL says - 24 hours is such a long haul. Hope you're well rested now though.

All good here, thanks SL. I'm finding the Mepitel to be bearable and it certainly has stopped any redness or itching on the radiated area. It's a little bit pesky with the heat, as in it folds back, but the nurses patch it up so its good as gold. All other side effects are just that, I'm really concentrating on the good in things...which is really difficult at times as some of my Undie friends will tell you, I text them from the waiting room when I'm down or pissed off!!

BUT...I will be finished one month today. Eyes on the prize.

Comment

Working...
                                X