No announcement yet.

Fasting pre and post chemo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How great that you have a friend who wants to undertake this project with you - it will make the process even more fun.

This sure sounds more fun and personally rewarding than your old mainstream job. It's good to see the good things that can come from tough situations.

I sure wish some of my friends wanted to become massage therapists -- I would be the happy guinea pig for all of them!!

Comment

Oh me too NS!! love me a good massage...and the good from a bad sitch is what keeps you going, I think anyway. Some of the stories I heard on the weekend made me very thankful I am where I am now. And no point second guessing the future, unless its to plan things that give you a lift. That is all.

Ginge, I've been thinking of your niece, hope she is keeping her spirits up. Let us know when you hear?

Comment

Happy - you make me happy!! It is so inspiring to see you take something so very hard and make it into something so beautiful! You were given lemons and the lemonade you are making is fabulous!
        Thank you for all you share with us here, it gives me so much of a wake up to make the most of what I am dealt with too...
        With warm, loving hugs flying your way, I am off to my bed! Take care dear lady.
        Hi to NS and Ginger too:heartbeat::love:
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Two chemo's to go. As of today. Today was a bit of a shemozzle, had a little problem with the vein in my hand which started to deteriorate through treatment. I'd hydrated - two litres of water since - but sad fact that the veins are like me and don't want to play this game anymore. I'll nurse two remaining ones through to the finish though. :congratulatory:

Tomorrow I take my victim - haha...my case study - to work out her yoga plan. It will be awesome, I hope she's looking forward to it as much as me.

Ginge, I will share any info you need too. Just have to work out a way to package it up and email to you. Might need a clearer head though.

Thinking of you all x

Comment

Hugs Happs.
            Looking forward to following your new project.
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

By golly, MHP you did it! You are going to get past this chemo without a port. You set your mind to something and you do it! Way to go. Good luck tomorrow, keep us posted.

My niece has a biopsy and dr. apt on Nov. 4. They want her to be off her menstral cycle before he does the biopsy. She now has a cycle every two weeks for two weeks. Half the month menstrating. YUK!! Hopefully she will get this all sorted out soon. My friend has radiation five days a week through Dec. 4 with Thanksgiving day off. So far so good she says.

Comment

Nice to see you Glassybum. Wow Ginge, thoughts out to your niece that's pretty heavy duty to cope with in a month. Sorted soon I really hope. We'll be counting down the next week or so with you. And how good that your friend is doing well! very cool.

So, chemo being what it is, my plans have changed today. Instructor is sick so it's a no go zone for both my subject and myself. I think I still take my immunity for granted. I've been so lucky throughout treatment not to get really sick. Initially I was so wary but I've realised I haven't been of late and must be more careful. Spent some time talking to a few of the other girls in chemo with me yesterday and most of them have missed treatment through various things, one hospitalised with pneumonia. Bit scary really.

Comment

Sorry about the vein - wrap your arm in something warm to make them come to the top as you wait.....little warm pack if you can get one. You will have made it thru without the PIC line and that is pretty good - what you aimed for too!
                  We are here waiting to cheer you at the finish line - feeling so happy (and grateful) for you!

Comment

Getting those reminders from the universe that we're not totally in control is tough, isn't it?? It isn't really my style but when I hear someone say "God willing" after they announce a big plan, it always occurs to me how right that sentiment truly is. We can plan and arrange (and manipulate and coerce!) all we want but sometimes it just isn't going to work out the way we think it should. I guess often enough, that turns out to be a good thing. Hope you're feeling stronger today and that you and your friend can begin the program soon!

Comment

That's so true NS. I used to think I could manipulate the universe. Now tend to go with the flow so much more.

SL, we hot pack my arm re cannulation. I also spend some time sitting outside in the sun pre going in, just to warm up my entire body. Chug down so much water too. Using breathing techniques too to stop tensing. I'm going to knock off any caffeinated drinks in the day prior. Any tips welcome here...this is one situation where manipulating the universe is definitely in my mind!!

Nice easy weekend on the cards here. Hope everyone is well and enjoying themselves.

Comment

Enjoy your nice easy weekend - you deserve it
                        I have some other sneaky tips, but not sure that they are allowed, so maybe shouldn't suggest (a little nitroglycerin paste can work miracles:love

Comment

Spill SL - what is the paste you speak of?

Lots of sleep and cancelled appointments on the weekend. It is what it is because now I'm rested, jumping out of my skin and ready to do my case study. Yay!!!

Check in later. NS I've cut off my cake and biscuit supply and thinking my plummeting energy could be the result. Will wait for it to steady off before I report :congratulatory:

Comment

OK so google has not put my mind at rest...

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disor...topic-overview

Comment

Well, those are 2 words you never really want to see together - gives new meaning to AF :wink:.

When I cut out all these sugar-producing carbs, Happy, I have to increase my salt intake or feel like I've been hit by a truck. A salty cup of bone broth usually perks me right up. Something to consider, anyway. xx - NS

Comment

Originally posted by myhappyplace View Post
                                OK so google has not put my mind at rest...

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disor...topic-overview
                                Ha - oops, nope - lookup nitropaste - it is a vasodliator for people with angina, but a little put over a vein will dilate that vessel - nothing to do with other parts!:congratulatory:

Comment

Working...
                                X