AF Monday 24 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Monday 24 November

Quick start to the thread and a big hello - I am busy with a conference this week so may only peek in sometimes. Like SF said, its easy to browse on the I-Pad but not so much fun to write on it. Too easy to make lots of silly spelling mistakes. Glad that you checked in Det and that you are doing so well. Enjoy the new house. I had a reception tonight and while it was fun to talk to folk - I didn't have much stamina to stay on and watch them sipping wine as I was holding my glass of water and not wanting to eat any of the food on offer. People didn't drink much - its not a convention like Det's one.

Hope you all have a lovely Monday (esp you Pauly!!!) and what are people here doing for Thanksgiving - that is if you celebrate it?

mae all..how are we today then?all good after the weekend?well the mess from hell starts today.....kitchen fitting!!spent quite some time finishing the wood off in there last night ..still not happy with it but not a lot I can do at the mo..really frosty morning..defrosting the cars time..so a hot brew and on we go...

hiya tt..how are you?conference all week..think I would rather be in the kitchen..you know if you added up all the time people talked versus the outcomes,I think you would find the effective active ratios pretty abysmal..and then of course there is the costing ..

yeehah Det ..hows you mate..brave new world?was beginning to think that your track had taken a sudden veering off.....glad all is well...enjoy the house...the start of lots of work!!!

hiya Lav..hows you then?you seriously think now that your daughter is a homeowner you aint going to be involved??can you just ..can you spare me a wee minute....mum ..do you think...:happy2:

hiya Sam...hows you?as we speak...kitchen is unfolding......3 vans full!!real frost this morning...polytunnel wouldve been real handy here!thats a cracking pic on your avatar ..is that your hoose?

hiya pauly ..hows you doing..hey as far as the exercise goes ..it gets us all like that...going through that at the moment..and it shows !!once you push yourself to do it tho it becomes enjoyable again....

hiya SL...how did your day pan out then?was it as easy as you thought it would be?

hi SF...Quite an entrepeneur then your son?charging his ma rent on his room!!what a good move......glad things are working out for you too......

not so many on here ..hi ppqp hows you?

right peeps time to go..have a great day....

My mate said, "Wow your car looks awesome since you had it lowered!".
    "I haven't had it lowered, you cheeky git!" I replied
    "Ive just picked my Wife up from Mcdonalds"

NHS staff are staging a four hour strike and work to rule today in protest of a 1% pay increase. Patients are warned that this could lead to a four hour delay in receiving their treatment.

As opposed to the usual six hour delay.

"I think I've been bitten on my bum," said my wife, bending over and pulling up her skirt. "Can you see it?"

"Oh my God!" I said. "It's absolutely massive!"

"Is it?" she replied.

"Yes," I said, "it's going to take a while to check."

I bought a book called 'How to become an expert at Origami'.

So far, I've made 1000 paper snowballs.

I said to my mate, "I'm trying to find out what the French phrase 'bonne chance' means."

He said, "Good luck."

I said, "Shouldn't be too hard, I'll just Google it."

Sometimes, when I'm bored, I like to buy four KitKat Chunkys, melt them a little bit, stick them together and then pretend I'm a midget eating a normal sized KitKat.

On the American dollar it says "In God We Trust". On British notes there's a picture of Charles Darwin; that says a lot.

I kept a few people awake last night with my trumpet playing.

The stewardess wasn't impressed either.

My mum was told that eating toast can help smokers quit the habit, so she bought me a toaster.

So far I've used it to light 470 fags.

I was walking through Paris last week when a bunch of terrified people came running towards me. I stopped one and asked, "What are you all running for?"
    He said, "There's a tiger on the loose."
    I asked him, "Which way did it go?"
    To which he replied, "Well, we're not fecking chasing it."

As soon as I got to class, I gave my teacher a sick note:

"Not bad" she said, "but I'm going to need to hear a bit more if you want to pass this music exam."

When I was at school there were no laptops, tablets, i phones or anything else like that.

We had to get by with just stealing dinner money.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
      good rain last, should be nice and muddy where I'm building another stretch of fence. All the perimeter fences are so bad, it is time to chip away at them whilst all the the bugs and snakes are resting.

howdy TT, hope you enjoy the conferences. I'm the same way with typing on the phone.

Mick, so by now you should be up to your elbows in the kitchen. Hope it is going well. Hope to see some pics of the day's events! House in the avatar is a cabin our family owns, my dad bought in the late 1950's. Was built around 1870.

Det, glad you are here... I need to go back and read what you been up to.

off to the mines, be well all
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Working on a pot of coffee here & hoping to get energized, ha ha!

TT, thanks for the start up & I hope your week goes well. It's hard to eat when away from home I think - everything seems to have cheese on it, ugh.

Mick, wishing you a good day getting your kitchen back together!
        I am picturing myself 'helping' the kids move by watching my busy granddaughter The days of carrying boxes & furniture are over for me!

Sam, I don't know how much rain we had overnight but I'm sure it was enough to make plenty of mud!!!!
        Good luck with your fencing project!

Greetings Pauly, are you off today?
        Det, glad you have made the move.
        SF, that's so funny you are renting space in your son's room. I can picture doing that myself, LOL
        Glad the school is finally doing their job & hopefully will help your son.

OK, I need to get myself together & out of here. I am on boy watch starting at 2:15, fun, fun!
        Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,i like the McDonald's joke Mick,good to hear from you Det,any chance of posting a pic of the new place?i HATE moving! we moved too many times in our 20's trying to find that perfect place to raise kids,didn't find it i guess,just thinking of doing it again gives me anxiety,plus hubs always breaks at least one thing,or loses it,no way jose,yes i have Mondayitis,feel anxious,i think it's because i started on coconut oil again,did too mucho too fast i guess,Sunflower,you're sounding goodi'm still debating on taking the fitbit back,it's not all i thought it would be,just a $100pedometer basically,i could just get a basic one of those for 5 bux,the ladies on the steppers thread compete against each other but i'm too embarrased to add them as friends,only i need to know how sedentary i am
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

F-ing phone!! anyways my legs are getting hard by using my e-bike,,which would be great if they wer'ent surrounded by 2 inches of fat! ,i just can't get my eating right,i get low blood sugar,plus i'm just a pig,dinner on Saturday nitewas cheeseburgers,hot dogs and about 50 doritos,i'm not fat fat,just not where i want to be,plus i know in sobriety it's best to focus on whole body health,i'll get it,somedayoh hell i'm ranting,i hope everyone has a good Monday,it's a short week for me but i hope it's busy enough to pay some bills and have enough money so me and Louie can shop a little on Friday,hi Lav,Sam,SL,PPQP,TT,and the readers,i'll be back later to post a long post everyone just skims hahaha

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all - girls have week off, have some running around today and trying to get a days work in too. Was supposed to be running this am, but fog has rolled in and just way to yucky to be out unless I have to.
              Dentist appointments for the young uns today - that means orthodontist to get metal off, then dentist for cleaning etc then back to the other for metal back on!
              Fleetwood Mac tonight - little anxiety about taking girls by myself, but should be fun when we get there.
              TT - we do a 5k walk/run for the hungry on Thursday am - I will walk with youngest as she won't run. Time for a little time with her - eldest will run with some contacts we made in running class. Then get turkey with all trimmings going, watch parade and eat. Friday we go into the foothills for a Christmas Faire, then I get the advent stuff out - that is our thanksgiving - pretty low key.
              Youngest wrote me a letter in her leadership class with doe thugs she thanks me for - came in mail - made me cry! Some things that I handed realized had such an impact. So to your comment a couple days ago TT, even though the teen years are hard, they can be pretty amazing too. I know I am lucky with my two - long may that last.
              SF - glad things are going better with school and your son, you have more success there that I did!'
              Det - happy nesting!
              Hi Mick, Lav, Sam, Pauly and PPQ
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL,do the girls like Fleetwood Mac?i'm always surprised how the younger kids pick up on the oldies,Kell was a big beatles and Elvis fan as a teen,dunno where she got that from,made my life easier today by throwing chilli in the crock pot,thank goodness cuz i'm tired! also paying Kell to clean once a week,she's better at it than i am,my standards are pretty low haha,so it's totally worth the moneyThanksgiving will be me cooking a turkey,my mom's amazing buttry stuffing,mac and cheese,corn on the cob and rollspre-made frozen pies,pumpkin cream and carame apple,and i may just be lazy and wear jammies all day,i've got nowhere to go thank god,family is all up north,i.e mom,dad,bros etc,hope everyone is having a good rest of the day

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for missing in action but spent the weekend under the covers nursing my cold. I tried following along but the laptop made my eyes hurt. Better today but I can sure tell when my cold meds stop. Hopefully will get a much better sleep tonight.

TT...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Hope the conference isn't too draining on you.

Mick...hope the start of the kitchen fitting went well. Can hardly wait for the after pics. I was so sick this weekend didn't even get down to my Dad's. Figured they'd kick me out the minute they saw me. Start of the Xmas parties at work so will be kept busy till Dec 20th then it's two weeks off. YeeHaw

Sam...hope you get the fences somewhat finished before the weather turns bad. It is funny how you have to plan your chores around the bugs and snakes.

Det...glad you popped in and congrats on the new place.

Lav...hope you had a good day starting with curves.

Pauly...neo citron is a powdered cold relief mix you add to boiling water. It's rather soothing and you can get a night time version to help you sleep. I was also told that if you rub Vick's on your feet before bed it will calm your symptoms. Don't have any in the house, wasn't going out for it, but may try it later. That's quite the Thanksgiving dinner you're planning. I better come and help you eat it. Hope your Monday went well.

SL...you do have a pretty amazing daughter and what a gift to get in the mail. You'll do fine at the concert, remember the first airplane trip you took with them. You're sounding great these days, keep it up.

Tacos on the menu tonight and early to bed. Have a peaceful AF Monday evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                  X