tuesday 27th.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday 27th.....

mae all ..hows us today then?wow thats some weather over that side of the puddle..was watching the news..pretty bad in NY...and these two blokes are like yep lookin forward to having some fun in the snow..they were 40s..thought are you for real?we are suppose to be getting it bad here thurs /fri..time to stock up with ice cream...

it is 5.55 now ..been up since 4...couldnt sleep.......ok its brew time..

hiya tt ..guess its nightcap time for you...had a good day?

hiya pie..hows you today?out haggis bashing?came close to gettin the seegar but not quite..answers to follow..what are you up to today..whats getting fixed/mended/made today?

morn ppqp..how ddi the course go ..did you learn anything or anything ou can use at work?ok so you want a clue? here you go then..................................CLUE :welldone: have a grand day......

morn Sam..you been let in yet ?how did the excursion go?personally I would have done my tax returns for good old uncle sam ..yeh right..any plans for today?

NS ...seegars yours!! hows you today then?ok I hope now that you are a 2yrs + person!! btw ..your post..EDIT : I just heard about the wind - it does sound like a big deal! really ?? stop eating all those greens"!!:congratulatory:

hiya lav ..and how eggsactly are you today then?bet that was eggxiting ..getting a 3am talk...grandma Im bored lets talk....big brew required ..was going to clean the outside of the windows today...oh dear its just started raining.....any plans for today?its a wee while now since youve been to your other house.....

hey pauly ..up ye get dont be hidin away ..we re watchin you!!:thumbsup:back on the loopy bus with the rest of us..big smile n lets do it!

hiya SL..hows you?busy ?hows daughters?

right going for another brew ..anyone else?

You are at a game show and there are three closed doors. There is a prize hidden behind one of the doors and the game show host knows where it is. You are asked to choose a door. The game show host then opens one of the other two doors showing that it is empty and asks you if you would like to change your selection. Should you stick to your original selection?

It is better if you select the other door. Since there are three doors then there is a 67% chance that you choose the wrong door with your first selection. If you are wrong the game show host will select the other wrong door since she knows where the prize is hidden. Therefore it is better if you switch to the door which the game show host leaves closed.

You are in a race and you overtake the person who is in second place. What is your position now? second

Six drinking glasses stand in a row, with the first three full of juice and the next three empty. By moving only one glass can you arrange them so empty and full glasses alternate? empty 2 into 5..pie you can only move one glass

today......

Rebecca was in a taxi on her way home. Max, the taxi driver, knew she was a well-known chatterbox and didn’t want to engage in conversation with her. So he pretended to be deaf and dumb. He pointed to his ears and mouth to indicate to her that he couldn’t hear or speak. This ruse seemed to work. The journey was peacefully silent.
    When they arrived and Rebecca had got out the taxi, Max pointed to his meter. Rebecca looked at the meter, read what she owed him, paid him and walked off. But she almost immediately realised that Max couldn’t have been a deaf mute.
    HOW DID SHE KNOW THIS?

The car park scam
    Saul owned a private outdoor car park. His charges were £1 per hour or £5 for the whole day.
    One snowy winter evening, Saul arrived to lock up for the night. He asked his attendant, “So how much did we take today, John?”
    John replied, “Sorry boss, we only took £50. We had just 10 cars in and they parked all day. The last one has just left.”
    Saul quickly deduced that John was lying to him about the receipts.
    HOW DID JOHN COME TO THIS DECISION WITHOUT ASKING JOHN TO SHOW HIM ALL THE RECEIPTS?

A man is asked what his daughters look like. He answers, "They are all blondes, but two, all brunettes, but two, and all redheads, but two." How many daughters did he have?

difficult.....

Add a single line to the equation in order to make it true.

105 + 2 + 5 = 350

What did Karl Marx call his horse?

Trotsky.

I made a website for depressed tennis players.

Servers are currently down.

If I'm ever found dead on some jogging trail,

please let the cops know my body was dumped there and I was killed elsewhere.

After my mother-in-law died, the wife was very upset. So it was up to me to organise everything.

"What do you want to be played at the funeral?" I asked her. "Because I can't decide between pass the parcel and musical chairs

I was in my A Level Psychology class yesterday and we were learning about Pavlov and laughing about how stupid those dogs were.

Anyway, then the bell went and we all went for lunch.

I let my wife take me out for a drive in the countryside today. We were going down a quiet country lane when she said, "Shall we do something we've never done in the car before?"

I said, "Go on then, bang it into fourth gear."

I walked up to a female member of staff in Walmart today and said, "Do you know where the Weight Watchers meals are?"

"I'm afraid not," she replied, "It's my first day."

"Fair enough," I said, "Let me show you."

I'm not saying my little old granddad is unlucky but he died in the middle of the desert.

Witnesses said it was the most unusual shark attack ever.

The marriage counsellor turned to me and said, "Mr Smith, you've not said a single word to your wife in our discussions tonight?"

"I haven't needed to," I replied, "your receptionist brought me a cup of tea earlier."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Well, shoot! And I was really looking forward to a fine smoke today. Enjoy your seegar, NS!

carrot cigar.jpg

Comment

G morning Mick n Pie!

:grouphugs:
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Tis the morning after the so called epic storm, ha ha. Happy to report the storm was mostly a miss
        We have an inch or two of snow on the ground, no big deal. The folks up north have a different story I'm afraid.

Sitting here watching cartoons with my granddaughter & enjoying my coffee.
        Hoping her parents are ready to retrieve her later today ~ we shall see. I am definitely ready for a break & a nap, ha ha!!

Greetings to everyone & wishing a great day for all!
        I will check in later.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning al
          no epic storm here either Lav, my daughter was predicting doom and gloom, she must get her forecast from the North Pole. Have not check the news to see what happened above you.

how's you be Mick, this seems to a grey winter here, same for you? Yesterday I was "allowed" to visit the beekeeping supply store. The wife keeps a shock collar on me when we both go out, so I just got some essentials. Going to try a top bar hive this year. Yep, spring isn't too far away!

Pie, love your selection in seegars. How did you manage to get er lit??

Hey Eloise, how are things your way?

Maybe today taxes??!!

waves to all good folks here
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Course was a total waste of time. Knew I should have taken Level II. Oh well, met some nice people and enjoyed a lunch on the company.

Mick...thanks for the kickstart. I think you are a little confused, that's not the CLUE I was looking for. :rant:

Pie....:hahaha:

Eloise...morning to you.

Lav...glad you're storm didn't materialize. Hasn't this babysitting gig gotten extended? Thought it was just over the weekend and now it's Tuesday! That Nana Nap is going to feel good.

Sam...not even thinking of the "T" word till March. Have a good one.

Det...check in and let us know you're ok.

Heading out soon so will tackle Mick's brain teasers at work. Have to ease myself back into the routine. LOL
            Have a Terrific AF Tuesday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey Sam!! Hey Porqoui!

All good here, no snow. Just me, myself and I.

Headache though. Everyday now for too long.

My Tuesday is over, time to lie down and get rid of this headache!
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Checking in - not much to say - feeling blah, here, reading just not talking - bye....
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi there - I dont have much to add either. But sorry you are feeling blah SL. Hugs!

Comment

Hi Eloise, Sam, Lav, Molly, PQ, SL, and others. Sunny 81 degrees here today. Hard to believe. No work today, no projects either. Just plain lazy. I do have se guesses for Mick's mind benders though. Maybe type them out later, as on phone now.

Comment

Retired nurse Lav here & ready to give SL & TT a shot in the arm ~ what's going on ladies?
                      Feeling tired, run down, winter blues, kid angst....what?
                      I hope you both perk up soon :hug:

I am happy to say I drove my granddaughter home & turned right around to come back home & go into a granny coma for nearly two hours Damn, I was tired, Ha Ha!!!! She was happy to see her parents, it was time!

Greetings PQ, Molly, Pie & Eloise. Hope the headache is gone by now Eloise.
                      Hi there Sam. I think the weather people are embarrassed for screwing up so badly. They should never use the words 'historic' or 'epic'!!!!!

Looking forward to a full night's sleep
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sweet dreams Lav - you will deserve it!
                        A friend pointed out it could be the moon - I was prepared for next week to deal with the moon, but this feels a bit early....no shots please ma'am - thank you! Will wake up better tomorrow or will have to start howling at the moon.....(not sure I can blame it on the winter blues when at least I get to see the sun from time to time in comparison to others...)
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

I don't have the blues just sometimes dont know what to say on the thread. Plenty of sun here but thanks for the support Lav!

Comment

alive and eating again. just doing the right things and laying low/resting up.
                            thanks all
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X