sun29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sun29th

mae folks....clocks wnt forward last night so tis officially light o clock at the mo.despitre the fact it is pouring with rain this nutcase is out and about on his travels need to file my fingers down for these keys..willl jump in later so have a good one jokes I did earlier so its a copy n pastr...if it works

They say the one thing you can't buy is taste.

Especially at McDonald's.

Never ask Google for medical advice I have gone from mild headache to clinically dead in three clicks...

Some years ago, a Russian oil baron who had six children, all girls, began to despair as he had no son and heir.

Imagine his joy when one of his wives finally presented him with a son.

Just before his son's sixth birthday, the baron took him to one side and said, "Son, I am very proud of you. Anything you want, I shall get for you."

His son replied, "Daddy, I would like to have my own airline." So his father bought him United Airlines.

The next year, the baron asked the same question.
    His son replied, "Daddy, I would like a boat." His father bought him The Princess Cruise Lines.

The next year, his son replied, "Daddy, I would like to be able to watch cartoons."
    Not wanting to look a cheapskate, his father bought him Disney Studios.

His son, who was by now really into the Disney cartoons, asked, "Daddy, I would also like a Mickey Mouse outfit."

His father bought him the New York Yankees (put your own in!)

President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton are attending a banquet in Buckingham Palace.

"Look, Hillary," says Obama, "this gold cutlery is really cool. Your husband would love that as a souvenir."

"Nice idea," says Clinton, "but I wouldn't dare."

"It's easy," says Obama, furtively slipping the cutlery into the inside pocket of his dinner jacket. "Michelle's gonna love this."

Clinton picks up her cutlery and is just about to slip it into her jacket pocket when she accidentally strikes her crystal wine glass. All the guests look at her and she has no choice but to make a little speech, saying she hopes all the guests enjoy the banquet.

"Shit!" she whispers to Obama, "but I'll try it again when the dessert comes."

During dessert, Clinton wipes her cutlery and wants to hide it in her jacket pocket but once again she inadvertently strikes her wine glass.

"Shhh ...!"

All the guests look at her again. Ah, the Secretary of State wants to make a speech. Clinton clears her throat and stands up:

"Your Majesty," she says, "Lords and Ladies. As a little entertainment for those in attendance, I would like to perform a magic trick. I will place my cutlery in my jacket pocket and magically transfer it into President Obama's."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    a might chilly this am but suppose to warm up nicely today. Off to do a little survey work. Trying to clean up the last of our jobs before we close it down. The two of us have worked together since 1991 so it a little strange bringing it to an end but there just isn't enough work to keep us busy. Stay busy enough to work but not make any money, if that makes sense.

Mick, thanks for the start up. I forgot that the US has its own silly time change. hope your day gets a little drier for your travels.

Be well good friends, off to feed then work.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam, that's sad about your business that's a long time to work together with someone, Mick,have fun on your whatever it is you do,that was a slick move on Hilary's part haha,SF,I can see how seeing all those relapses would mess with your mind,13 years?how depressing!sort of puts a"what's the point" feeling in your head,that's why I try and just focus on myself, sure others are doing such and such, I can only worry about me,we had such a boring night last night, me and Kell just sort of sat around on our phones while hubs and Louie were in the garage working on a car,Brady caught what I had last week poor kid looks miserable, no plans for today,May take Louie to the park, groceries for sure, cleaning for sure, hello to Lav,Pie,PPQP, Det(check in) Bear,NS,UN hung Nar and everyone else, let's have a nice Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning everyone on this below freezing Palm Sunday. Isn't it supposed to be spring?

Thanks for the start up Mick & I hope you have a safe day on the road!

Sam, sorry about your business ending but I'm hopeful something opens up for you soon! I can't believe these wind chills in the teens - Brrr!!

pauly, a boring evening is not so bad. I like to think of them as 'relaxing', ha ha!!!
        I hope everyone feels better soon!

SF, I wasn't a real drinker until I fell into a pretty serious depression. The unresolved depression is what kept me drinking even though I didn't want to keep drinking. I thank God & the universe that I still had the wherewithal to know what I needed to do. I think you have the same self-knowledge :hug: I loved listening to Brene Brown's TED talk on vulnerability - it was very helpful to me. Please keep developing your plan, you know what works best for you & stick around here with us!!!

Greetings to all the other players here - PQ, Pie, narilly, bear, NS, Deter & anyone checking in today.
        Not sure what I'm doing yet today but I do hope it warms up a little!!!!

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy, Sober Sunday, Abbers.

I'm looking forward to a go-with-the-flow kind of day. Hi Mick, Sam, Pauly, Lav!

Comment

back again in the real world after a lovely day in the rain..Sam sorry about closing down your business....look at it this way mate..youre closing a chapter...and starting another..Im sure youll be into something!!...big hiya to everyone else...hope you are having a good day!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

heya ABers, still alive and kicking here. not easy but doing it. have to visit a friend today that has a bar in his house so that will
              be a challenge, but I'll look forward to reporting back my success this eve. thanks all for your support as always.
              be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Lav, by interpersonal work do you mean CBT?
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

quick whizz in - you can do it Det - I did CBT and found it really really helpful,still needed anti depressants though but it helped.

Sam sorry about your business,hope it means better things are round the corner.
                  Happy Sunday eve everyone
                  one day at a time

Comment

Det, if you think you would benefit going to a mental health counselor for CBT, then by all means go!!!
                    It may be just the ticket for you, it certainly couldn't hurt, right?
                    I am a do-it-yourselfer kind of person. I identified 'negative thinking' as my major issue & a habit I had picked up along the way from living with a chronically negative spouse. I went to work on that issue, using an online program & it did the trick for me.
                    You owe it to yourself to find the source - whatever it is that keeps you returning to drinking. You'll be glad you did - promise

I can't believe how cold it still is around these parts!!!
                    Where is spring?
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X