New here. My story: Chapter 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Shell. This is the place for support. To me it seems there comes a time in every drinkers life that it starts effecting them negatively. If you read Allen Carr's Easyway to Control Alcohol there is a very good explanation of this.
    Stick with us and your whole life will be changed. Mine has been.
    Reading Lady, this is for you, too.
    Have a great af evening ladies.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Byrdlady;1532156 wrote: ... it only takes a couple AF days to make the fog lift and to get your mojo back. Almost everything that has been hurt by AL can be undone with time and support! Commit....take AL off the table as an option. Once you remove the choice the space in your head becomes quieter and more peaceful! Byrdie
      Like this - wish we had a like button here :}

Comment

Ditto on the "Heart of Addiction" suggestion..I am immersed in it right now and it is spot on for me, as I resist labels and doomsday diagnoses....the 'heart' is right, I think.

Anyway, welcome and good work on the days AF!!!

Comment

I do feel the fog lifting and now I get to see clearly the messes I have to clean up. I found out last night that since I showed up to work last Friday with alcohol in my system, I was fired. It's a good/bad thing really. I tended bar and that's not good for my sobriety: good part. I'm losing out on about 800-1000 a month in income: bad, bad thing. So on Monday, I'm going toa attempt to find a 2nd part-time job to supplement my day job. It's going to be difficult since due to school, I have such limited availability, but we'll see what happens.

I'm doing good today. 8 days of sobriety. Feels good, sleeping pattern normalizing, enjoyed spending a Friday night with my girls and waking up sober plus I feel less bloated and my cravings are subsiding (for sweets that is, lol).

I have been taking my vitamins (B-complex, Biotin, Calcium with Vit. D, and started L-Glut (2-1000mg 2xs a day) and a good women's multi-vitamin.

So, here I am. Facing the consequences of my actions. Just hoping the clear vision is enough to keep me sober.

Comment

Working...
          X