Drinking in OK check tonight....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had some friends over tonight and started with a whiskey cocktail which I threw 1/2 out as I was more interested in the wine. One of us wasn't drinking so I opened 1 bottle of wine and had a little more than 1/2 the bottle, mayebe even 3/4, but good for me on a Friday! Long story, but a few months ago my 15 year old house cat got out..i live in a city...i got him back thanks to some big angels and good people. tonight as i was saying goodbye to a friend he ran out again...i didn't even see him but my neighbor did and thankfully i got him back in the house. i was so guilty the last time as I was pretty lit when he got out, this time i am mildly buzzed and it could have easily happened when sober..it's just that I am used to being able to talk with the door open..15 years without incident! but i am scared about drinking and letting him out as i know the guilt involved. on a positive note..i really wanted, really wanted another drink, but had a soda instead and am now typing away here...now I feel fine the big "continue drinking" urge is over. I am gonna watch TV and get up tomorrow and get a new collar for crazy cat...he manages to get out of the others i have bought for him..oy vey.

I totally understand! I was drinking one night and my indoor cat (who thinks he's braver than he is) got out without me knowing...I almost shyt the door and turned the lights out before I realized it (still don't know what made me look back to ckeck the deck one last time - thank goodness for guardian angels!). I would have been devastated if he'd gotten locked out - no telling what could have happened!

Congrats for making a good decision on soda this evening, and give your kitty a scratch under the chin for me!

~N

Comment

Hi out, WELL DONE..... To stop after a few is really hard ....... but you did it ...

BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

:goodjob: out on moderating. I luv my cats and had one live until 16 so I totally know where u r coming from. Said cat of mine got out one rainy day and we didn't know either. She was diabetic so it was imperative she get her insulin shot. I stayed home and walked around the neighborhood calling her name. Which happened to be Junior so I'm sure I got some funny looks Then a lady finally asked (after going by her house twice) who I was looking for. I said my diabetic black cat. She had a strange look on her face then told me he had knocked (he did banging the screen door) and walked right in as if he owned the place. So I got him back gave him his shot and all was well!

Darn kids!:H

Comment

thanks guys...

I have been thinking about tethering him to the railing in my house! The last time he got out it was several days before I got him back...didn't sleep a wink, crawled through abandoned buildings with a flashlight in the middle of the night, flyered the entire city---twice, set humane cat traps for him...you name it. I guess the good news was I didn't drink for 4 or 5 days. when I got him back he was in pretty rough shape. And yet, last night out the door again..the turkey buzzard!

I was a little buzzed last night, not smashed by any means. i am sooo glad to have gotten him in right away. i was too busy saying goodbye to my friend when he was sauntering out in the other direction...after getting his collar off again. i had dreams of him outside all last night even though he was in bed with me, i torture myself over mistakes made esp one's while drinking, i'm trying to give that up too.

i was really aware and amazed last night that I was already buzzed and wanted another drink urgently. I do know that if I stop for a while I usually realize the level of lit i'm at and don't continue. It's that wanting and already having my judgement a bit impaired, I am trying really hard to get to the point in life where I am not so impaired that I make better decisions...like last night...but it isn't automatic like it is for thse other folks who just stop without effort. I am going to reconsider the topa with the hopes that it will just help the curbing feel more instinctual. I have some things coming up where it won't be wise to start a new med, but maybe in a month...just kickin' it around.

Comment

Congrats out, on your success with moderating. AND I'm glad you found kitty right away. That is so scary when they get out on us......

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X