Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost a Week AF! Holy (*(*!

Hey Newbies,

Just want to share my elation, glee, surprise, amazement that as of today I have not had a drink for one week.

I seriously cannot remember the last time this happened.

I am not minimizing when I say it was due to the support and advice I received from this community. And it gave me someplace to roam when my mind kept saying, "When are you going to have a drink? Is it time for a drink now? Gee, there's a bottle of XX down there. A little drink would be fine, just a half glass..."

I am so grateful for this week of freedom.

It has not been an easy one, but I feel so good to have my mental clarity and full recollection of all of the minutes in the last 7 days.

If I can do it, anyone can. Really. I took my bottles to recycling a few weeks ago and made $30!!! That's a heck of a lot of glass. My entire car was filled up. (It was an unmanned recycling station, otherwise I'd never have done it).

In fact, if you want motivation to assess your drinking habits, I'd suggest doing just that. Save all of your old bottles and take them in to recycle them. Seeing them all stacked up was unbelievable. There were so many. I felt sad and embarassed for myself.

Anyway, I'm just glad to have made it a week. I don't know what the future holds, but I do know that I can at least go one week. And it feels good.

Life is just a set of weeks stacked one after the other right? Someday i will get this right.

Hope yall had a great weekend.

~groovychick~:h
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
    Talent will not-- nothing is more common than
    unsuccessful people with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
    Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
    The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve
    the problems of the human race.
    -- Calvin Coolidge

:goodjob: Well Done Groovychick, Thats Excellent!

Comment

Excellent Groovychick! The first week is so great, isn't it? You made me laugh thinking about recycling the bottles. Me, I used to perform engineering feats "cushioning" my bottles so as not to produce too many rattles and clinks on trash day. I could not bear to have the recycling personnel see them.

Congrats,
      Pans

Comment

Hey GC...CONGRATS!!! I cant wait until I reach that goal myself. I am so happy for you, you have such a good grasp on this, I know you can do it. I know everyone here is proud of your but better yet, you should be proud of yourself!!!

Pinkie

Comment

Hi groovy chick

Well done it feels good dont it........keep it up and more happiness will be headin your way...

Comment

Congrats ... and thank you so much for the inspiration! ((hugs)) to you! You did it!

~catt
            AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Hey Grovvy

Well done. Congrats to you.

Love Mandy x

Comment

Way to go Girl!!!

:goodjob:

We are all so proud of you!!!

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Takes guts and determination. Well Done. I cant wait to get all the things I need to start. I'm not drinking at the moment, just recovering from a shocking weekend. Can't wait to get started. I hope it works for me. I'm going to give it all I got.
                  Best of Luck with your Journey Luv Cherry :wings:

Comment

Groovy: Great job! I'm right behind you w/not quite a week. My body is saying "thank you" every day. I'm clear-headed & settling issues that would have just festered. Way to go, girl! Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Well Done!

Good on you groovy! Today is my first day and I hope to be writing a similar post to yours in a week. Don't have meds or CD's though, just the will to stop hold thumbs for me.
                      Tomorrow I'll be going to sell all the glass collected in this house! Let you know how much I make!
                      Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                      Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Well done Groovychick.
                        I'm so pleased for you.

Comment

:rockband: The rock band is singing a celebration song just for you GC!!! 1 week is an awesome accomplishment. The icing on the cake is how up beat you sound about the whole thing. YIKES on the recycling things. My empties are mostly out of here by now, but I can only imagine what a mountain of friggin' glass that would be. Probably would be considered a hazzardous waste dump if I had even a few months worth of them here.

You GO GC!! I'm gonna look in the drink tracker to make sure you collected your 7 gold stars.

DG
                          Day 6 AF * * * * * * (gold stars)
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey grooveychick, congradulations!! One week free!! Great for you! You give me inspiration, when you say "it feels good". I'm right behind you too! Have a great week.
                            Katie

Comment

Working...
                            X