14 days on Campral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 days on Campral

I recently began taking Campral. My doctor seemed to have no problem prescribing it, although he did say he had never had a patient request it and knew little about it. After finding this website, and reading the book I thought I would like to try Topamax instead. I have actually gained weight on Campral, which is unbelievable since I am no longer consuming all the calories from daily drinking, and I am walking four times a week!
    My doctor told his nurse to tell me no Topamax, continue with the Campral, no explanation... I am considering ordering it online, but am somewhat reluctant because I am wondering why my doctor said no. One of the important factors is quitting all the drinking was to lose the weight I had gained. Is everyone seeing weight loss with the Topamax, and is anyone seeing weight gain with the Campral?

14 days on Campral

Julieann, I lost ten pounds on Campral. I never tried Topamax, but I hear some good things about it. I have also heard people say that they had an increased sugar craving when quitting alcohol. I don't have a sweet tooth so that hasn't been a problem for me, could it be for you?

Comment

14 days on Campral

Hi Julieann

My Dr wouldn't prescribe topamax either (Not sure where you are in the World) as it is not licenced in the UK for alcohol problems. I have ordered it on-line - waiting for it to arrive.

From what I have read on this site and also from my own research, topa helps address nicotine cravings too (another problem I have) and people can loose 15-20% of their body weight.

I wanted to follow RJ's programme exactly, so did not consider alternatives.

I will let you know what effect it has on me once I start it.

Good luck...

K-M

Comment

14 days on Campral

Thank you! Keep me posted. I also ordered it online today, although am somewhat apprehensive about ordering drugs online and without a prescription. I am in California and ordered them from drugdelivery.ca - hopefully a good place to order from.

Comment

14 days on Campral

Hi Julieann: I'm on my 15 day of AF and taking Campral. Aside from being sleepy, I'm feeling fine on it. My cravings for alcohol aren't there, hence I did drop a couple of pounds. Overall, I'm satisfied with Campral. I have my nightly bowl of ice cream, yet, I'm eating lots of healthy foods otherwise. I understand you have been walking several times a week, however, do you feel tired at all? Because of feeling tired on Campral, I have been pushing myself to keep moving. I'm trying to beat Campral from slowing me down physically. When I go to bed at night, I'm getting the best sleep ever. It's sometimes hard for me to wake up. How about you?
          September 23, 2011

Comment

14 days on Campral

Hi,
            No side effects at all for me. I personally feel like it is the wonder drug for me! I have no cravings at all!!! Just upset about the weight issue. I know that if I lose the weight, it will be a positive in my abstinence from alcohol.

Comment

14 days on Campral

As I just posted on the other thread, I've been on Campral for 7 1/2 months now and completely AF. Haven't lost any weight, but haven't put any on and I've been eating like a pig. Too much sugar and high GI carbs.... just replaced the wine.... Still better that that poisoning myself with alcohol.
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

14 days on Campral

Julianne, truly, I would be bothered by gaining weight as well. Consider the good side of taking Campral right now. You are sober and not feeling major side effects. Continue with your health walks. Drink lots of water. Cut back on eating carbs for a couple of days if you tend to eat a lot of them. Eating too many carbs causes your body to retain water. If you cut back on carbs for 2 days and eat lots of protein, your body will flush out the water the excess water out. Hopefully water retention is what is causing the weight gain. Be patient and good to yourself. -Reenie
                September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                X