PDA

View Full Version : Another Kudzu Question... Were/are you scared to try it?

42cat
July 18th, 2007, 03:16 PM
I just received my Kudzu today. I was so excited about it coming and couldn't wait to try it.... been thinking about it ever since I found this site a couple/few weeks back, and I didn't expect it toiarrive until next week some time - surprise.

So, I'm suddenly, unexpectedly frightened to death to take it.... as in, what if I don't feel like a drink - then what? What will become of me?

They're sitting in my purse right now, waiting for me to get brave. I'm at work, so I'm planning on taking two when I get home. Hope I don't chicken out. I'm 42 for goodness sake - this is ridiculous!

Have any of you guys/gals ever felt afraid to take this particular step.. with the Kudzu I mean? Well, or any other steps really. It's all related.

Thanks so much for your input, advice, support. This site, and you all, have been wonderful. I know that I will have you all to thank for my progress in the next days, weeks, months.

*hugs* to you all. (And sober ones - so far - at that.)

~Catt

42cat
July 18th, 2007, 03:40 PM
p.s...... also posted on the Just Starting Out board... and a big thank you to all who replied there. You guys are great.

~Catt

Almostfamous
July 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I can relate to your post. It is scary to change your life but for me I felt it was time. I had it in my medicine cabinet and waited a week before taking it. I was afraid I would be the person that tried it and that it WOULDN'T decrease my cravings . I started taking it a couple months ago with the intention of becomming a more moderate drinker. It has really worked for me. I now feel like I want to cut down even more. It has made me feel more confident that I can cut down even more. I currently drink 2-4 drinks about 5 times a week and want to drop down to 2 drinks on Fri/Sat and perhaps go af permanently. I started increasing my dosage today and didn't even have (or want) one drink today. I really wish you much success!

42cat
July 19th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Thank you!

~Catt

Almostfamous
July 19th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Cat- Have you tried it? I am wishing positive results for you and would like to hear how it's going for you?

42cat
July 19th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks for asking, Almostfamous... I didn't try them yesterday after all, but I did take two this morning. So far, so good. I'm at work all day (usually only 1/2 days, but co-worker is on vacation) ... no booze here anyway, so I don't know if I'd be tempted if I were at home or not. Hmmmm. I guess I'm not "craving" it. I'll take two more this afternoon (it's 11:00 a.m. here in NS, Canada) before going home and see how it goes. Maybe I should take three.

Thanks again for asking!

~Catt

Almostfamous
July 19th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Cat- I can tell you that I take this one day at a time. I am no saint but I know my body (and brain) is getting healthier. I take 2 in the a.m. and 2 in the p.m. Someone said they take upto 3000 mg. If I need to up mine I fully intend to. I also take L-Glutamine which helps too. I found it on ebay for cheap. Keep in touch and go girl go!

42cat
July 19th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks again! I've learned so much the last couple of weeks .... This time feels right ... This time feels like I'm making a turn in the right direction.

Your encouragement means a lot!

~Catt

trixietrack
July 19th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Cat I am glad you are taking Kudzu. since taking it I have only slipped twice. I still drink almost every day, but I am not getting stupid drunk. Partly it's the fact that I am surrounded by people who drink heavily and don't see a problem with being drunk. I was taking 6 tabs a day and didn't seem to feel any difference . now I take 4 during the day and 3 right before 7pm which is around the time that I start drinking.

ashanka1
July 22nd, 2007, 07:17 AM
Cat - Could you let me know of your experience after taking the Kudzu as I have ordered these and would like to know of its effects on craving and reduction. So if you could jot down your experience it would be great.

Tks Ashanka.

42cat
July 26th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Hi Ashanka... I actually posted in the Just Starting Out board .. Look for "My Experience with Kudzu, so far". Hope all goes well for you!

~Catt