True cat story....DO NOT WALK UR CAT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, cat story. I got this bright idea of walking my 15lb (now he's 18) white, long-haired cat up a mountain on a leash. My son and hubby had their doubts but I said how she needed the exercise and would love the outdoors.

First I drug her.....finally Joe got her going by kinda running her up a hill, it was looking good then a couple come with a dog on a leash. YOWSER! She bucks and runs in a circle around and around Joe. Evan's eyes were saucers seeing this wildcat. The couple were looking as if we were martians or something. Finally Frosty settles by clamping his teeth and claws in Joe's leg and a rather unfortunate place in that vicinity. Joe howls, I pull Frosty off and cover her w/my body, sitting down, I tell the couple to hurry up and pass us.....U BETTER BELIEVE they hurried up and passed us, tho they looked back a lot. We stumble down the mountain, Frosty holding onto my shoulder w/all her might. Joe staggering, Evan......for once in his life, speechless. We get to the car, We are covered in mud, Joe is still in considerable pain and I in lesser pain. Evan says......can we go to Red Robin? We look at him and snort, NO.

So, I have never walked a cat again in my life....and don't recommend it!

I have a similar story from my chilhood. I learned.....never give your cat a bath in the bathtub. It really is true that cats do NOT like water.
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Hart,

Have you ever heard the saying, "It's like trying to heard cats?" Well it is impossible... Much like walking a cat
      Hablur

Comment

Well funny u should mention that, after that trip Frosty was filthy and I had to give him a bath, I doped him up with canip and bandaged his claws and was FAST. Not easy but it worked

Comment

LOL!!! Thanks for sharing that... I could picture the whole thing... lollll !

~Catt
          AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Hey Hart,

I have a kitty that walks on a leash! He has a special little walking vest (he got out of other collars) and he likes it very much. Mr. Kitty gets very excited when he sees his vest. I also had another much favored beasty who walked on a leash. She would let me walk her and would look up at a tree, look at me, look at the tree, look at me - then she would climb the tree and hang there - looking at me!

But ... I think I will not volunteer to walk your cat.

Hugs,
            Pans

Comment

Pans...please get help
              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Pans, ahem, your cat, ahem, lives in a, ahem, comic book? ;-))
                Paddy
                Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Great tip on taping the claws - my 16 year old loves to 'torture' the cat by giving it a bath and I usually have to rescue the poor animal. At least if she tapes its claws I won't get hurt!

Have you ever tried putting double sided sticky tape on a cats paws and then let it try and walk? (told you it gets tortured!). It also does not appreciate having a nappy (diaper) on, nor a sock over its face.

Hilarious.
                  It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hmmm. Perhaps I should find my camera and take a picture .... It is true, I swear, it is true!!

Hugs,
                    Pans

Comment

i will notify PETA to visit flip's house

Comment

Now now. I believe Pansy. And I don't think Flip should be visited by PETA, she just needs to subscribe to a comedy channel or something.:H

Comment

Working...
                        X