Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 days AF...soon to be 9!!

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share with everyone that i have made it 8 days and am looking forward to getting that number higher and higher!

In only 8 days, I have accomplished so many things, started rebuilding my relationship with my kids, who are so supportive it makes me weep with gratitude!! I actually get text messages of encouragment from them throughout the day and hugs and high fives at night...and they are 19 and 16 so that in it self is pretty amazing!

So my intent for this message is for anyone that is still doubting the program or for those that want to start but are afraid, JUST DO IT! You will be thankful that you did and you will feel happier and healthier in no time.

Thanks to all of you for being there, for me and for each other!

Pinkie

Pinkie, what a heartwarming story. Your kids are wonderful to be encouraging you like that!! You raised them well. Cannot wait to hear of more successes from you...
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Congratulations! Each day reveals something new and better! My girls were the same (still are after nearly 8 months) we like each other so much better! lol
      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

right on Pinkie!!! double digits are on approach.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Great news Pinkie,

Kitty
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
          Confucius

Comment

Pinkie, you are very much a Rock Star!!! :band2:

It is so wonderful about the improved relations with your kids - already. Just imagine how bright the future is with them!! (Keep yer shades on there girl! )

I hope we can keep this up and forever be day apart quit twins. Life if so frickin' good right now isn't it? I know that difficult times will happen for you and for me and for each of us somewhere down the road. And many MWO friends are going through rough patches now. But when life is good, grab every second of it I say.

WHEEEE!!!! I raise my "One" filled tomato juice cup in a toast to you!

DG
            Day 10 AF * * * * * ** ** *
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

That was a wonderful encouraging post Pinkie. Thanks for sharing that. My family doesn't say too much one way or the other. I am sure they notice and have made comments now and then. You are so lucky to have kids that show their love so much.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to let you know that I took your advice and ordered the CD and Supps today --- Priority Delivery! LOL (I do already have the book.) I am also heading to Walmart over the weekend to get the L-Glut. With any luck, I will be 2-3 weeks behind you. Ironically, that is about the same timeframe we had for the other thing! (WOW, one more thing in common.)

Kepp up the good work. I'll be needing a Pro to turn to when I start. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for all your help thus far!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your posts, encouragement and kind words. As we all know, support is such a great thing.

Doggy, we are both ROCK STARS! The Quit Sista's shall overcome the boozebeast! Alcohol Free Fridays are the best because tomorrow we will know what we did and why! lol

Pinklady, you are about to do the best thing that you have ever done for yourself. Hang on, we are all here to help you and support you! Feel free to PM me anytime.

Buffy, hang in there the kids will come around as soon as they trust it is working. How old are they anyway?

I had a close call for going out tonight, one of my close co-workers turned 40 this week. Since I have always been the "social planner" at work, everyone turned to me to set something up. As I am sure you guys can imagine, that wasnt easy to do. However, I did it and I made it so that all my co-workers could go and I dont have to because someone will have to be at work. So I turned a potentially dangerous situation (for me) around and now everyone is happy! For those of you that dont know me, I run a 911 center and we work 24/7 so giving everyone the night off doesnt typically happen. They are all so excited to be able to go out together that I dont think they even realize that I wont be there! lol

Comment

Now Pinkie THAT was CLEVAH!!!! (the 40 b-day strategy) I know who I'm gonna go to when I need a good strategy for my own danger zone!!

Congratulations - can't wait to celebrate Double Digit Day tomorrow.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Oh pinkie,
                      That's beautiful.
                      Feel good.
                      :h

Comment

Thanks Popeye!

I really do feel good, even though I never thought I would in such a short time.

Comment

:goodjob: Well done Pinkie, 9 days - terrific! Excellent way to handle the party planning too.
                          Way to go! Keep it up.

Amelia
                          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
                          X