Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudzu update ... pretty neat, this stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a little skeptical, I must admit. I mean, a pill that would make me not crave a drink, or that would make my drinks go down more slowly and last longer? Ummmm. Yeah. But I am amazed.

I took my first "dose" yesterday at work, in an effort to curb my desire for after-work drinks. Husband is away this week, and last night I was alone (kids had plans for the evening) and I can easily polish off a good sized bottle of rum when I'm by myself like that.

I did pour the first drink, out of habit probably more than anything..... That drink lasted two hours. What? I didn't refill every half hour? Why not? I don't know! Weird. But I felt great just sipping along like that. (Yes, it's not giving it up all together, but wow, what a start I think!)

I poured another, which lasted another couple hours .. and one more that I couldn't (and didn't want to) finish ... and then I was tired and went to bed.

Interestingly, I didn't feel any different - as in, my thoughts were all the same .. It wasn't a fuzzy or drugged feeling. It was just .... like normal, but the desire to consume mass quantities was just gone.

I was/am surprised that this stuff is so good... so real. I know I need to work on my reasons for drinking and get my head around it, and to be able to stop without supplements one day ....

... But I wanted to just say that this is a really neat product... and to say to those who haven't tried it .... Try it. I think it's a great place to start.

That is all.

Thanks for listening ... Here's to some AF days, and/or some super moderation, in our near futures!

~Catt
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Catt,
    I am so glad you tried and had success! I have been hoping to hear about your experience. Keep up the good work!
    : ) almost
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Thanks, Almost! I took some this morning and am going to have some this afternoon... Should be interesting to see what effect it has on weekend drinks.

Btw, I should add that I had a really good sleep. Cool!

=(^..^)=

Comment

:band2: That ROCKS Catt!! And I bet you feel a lot better this morning with way less drinkage the night before. WHEE!!!! There is hope. We can do this - whatever the goal for each of us. Please do keep us posted for the weekend.

The nice thing about your situation for you, and also for the benefit of others is that you implemented the one thing at a time, so you know what's doing what.

Keep us posted when you have time over the weekend. See? I just KNEW there was rocket fuel or somethin' "feel good" in that Kudzu!!

DG
        Day 10 AF * * * * * * * * * *
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Can you say which product of Kudzu you are using?

Comment

Thanks Dog! I am really excited about this. And big congrats to you on Day 10 AF!!! Nice job!

~Catt

Comment

That is fantastic! I love a good success story. I too am interested in the brand of kudzu. Continued success to you-

Comment

Hi Nancy and Lucky. I ordered a bottle Kudzu Recovery off of a realiable person on e-bay. I would have ordered from this site, but when I was looking through the store, I didn't see that you could purchase a single of Kudzu (thought it was tea - lol)... and I couldn't afford the complete kit.

Anyway, this stuff seems OK for now!

~Catt

Comment

Just Starting Out

Hello Everyone, I am a new comer and came across this website about 2 weeks. I realized that my "rock bottom" is when I started to lie just so that I could drink. I am 38 and live in Los Angeles, CA, which is the capital of binge drinkers. I have had an issue with my drinking and it has affected my jobs, family relationships and boyfriend relationships. I am on Day One and have purchased the supplements and CD, in hopes of achieving my goal of drinking moderately, but for now my goal is 30 Days of ABSTINENCE. I started taking the Kadzu, Gaba, & L-Glutamine, hope it works. I had a panic attack last night because I was riddle with such guilt on how badly I lied and decided to start posting my messages, in order to get support.

If anyone is interested in joining me in doing 30 days, let me know. I could use the support....Thanks for reading my post...Good luck to everyone...
                  AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

PlanetJanet-
                    I am interested in joining you. I am 39 and am trying to get healthy before the big 4-0! I am already a few days into alcohol free-dom but will gladly start day 1 w/ ya!
                    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Also I take Kudzu, L-glut, gaba and milk thistle (for my poor liver) and find them to really help a ton. I also started running again for my mind and body. Try not to worry about the past and focus on your new better, healthier FUTURE! : )
                      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Thanks Almostfamous, I am taking the train to San Diego to see my boyfriend and there is alot of temptation of wanting to have that glass...no wait bottle of wine. But honestly, I really doubt I will have any temptation, that usually happens. I can go a couple of weeks of not drinking and then my mind rationalizes me that it's okay since it's been a couple of weeks since I last drink, only to find myself ONCE AGAIN not be able to stop. Tired of the same story, different day...this is has got to stop.

Thanks again......
                        AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

I am the same and wine is def. my fav. beverage. I do like Blue Moon beer too. I went 6 weeks last summer and was so proud of myself then one family party and I was back to my old tricks. Have a great trip and chow down on the supplements before your usual drinking time. You can do it!!!!!!
                          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

I am new today. I really want to quit drinking and I had previously found this website and I am returning. I will start 30 days of abstinence with you. I need to get my life back and quit wallowing in self pity.

Comment

Scullingirl - welcome! check out the "Monthly abstinence" forum. There is a new 30 day group post with people going for 30 days of no alcohol.
                              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X