Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's such a journey

Hey all:

I am 33 and been on and off alcohol support websites for the past few years. In the last 2 years, I have met a wonderful man and his 4 children. I realized that drinking and my way of life with my wine is not worth risking it all and losing them! I have to do this for myself and for them. I am not really sure what "this" is. But I do know that I need help. I just ordered topamax, made therapy appt for tomorrow, and am going to get a physical in a couple of weeks. I work from home and just moved to NC for my boyfriend where I have no friends or family (except for him and kids).

So - it gets lonely, and the triggers are all around as you can imagine! Anyway - just wanted to say hello! Good luck to all.... I am in the midst of my Day 2 and know that I will NOT drink today, no matter what!

:new:

It's such a journey

you sound very determined and like you know what you want and how to get it so I am not too worried for you. But keep posting please.

sounds interesting-- 4 kids that are not yours. hmm at any given time I've got a couple mine, one or two not, never really know how many kids are going to be in their beds each nite. (oh, yes, I do recognise my own, tho-- hope they recognise me).
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

It's such a journey

p.s. whenever you are lonely you can post here. that's what i do. it's a big help-
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

It's such a journey

Hi Karend2,

Welcome, I too, am new and would be happy in being joining in with you to stop drinking for awhile, my goal is 30 days and then I will decide on whether or not I can handle drinking moderately, if not, then so be it. I am in a relationship of almost two years and we both have issues with drinking. The good news is that I was able to share this website with my boyfriend and he was going to work on his drinking as well, don't think he will do the 30 day, but that's okay. This is not about him but most importantly ME and although the only program I did use was AA, which I was not happy, I was able to remain sober for 90 days.

I really enjoy reading the MWO messages because it inspires me to want to quit in hopes of one day dirnking in moderation but for now it's 100% ABSTINENCE for me. Congrats on 2 days :goodjob:
        AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

It's such a journey

Hi Karend2. I am a newbie 2. Welcome and congrats! I moved last year and feel your pain. I left behind some great friends and neighbors. I have finally decided to get myself together too. I take each day as it comes and was a moderate driker since May. I am now trying the af (alcohol free) route. Great luck and keep posting. : )
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

It's such a journey

Welcome Karen!! Congratulations on Day 2 of FREEDOM!!!! Moving and being in a home office - wow. I was a barely in control problem drinker for many, many years (I'm 49 and like many of us got a hefty start at 17 or 18). When I started winding down corporate ladder climbing, and took a job working from my home office things went from bad to worse just like what you are saying - temptation surrounded me and I didn't handle it very well.

The good news is that you never have to be lonely as long as MWO is alive and kickin'. And you CAN get a handle on this thing.

I am not taking Topomax - I actually ordered it at the same time as the MWO supplements and hypnosis CD's. The Topa was coming from out of the country, so I started the supplements and CD's several days before the Topa arrived. I felt so good I have not started the Topa. I'm not mentioning that to talk you out of the Topa. I'm mentioning that because I have become a believer in value of the supps and hypno CD's too. For whatever that's worth.

Good for you taking on 4 kids along with that new man! I'm sure you are a blessing to him and his children, and good for you wanting to be the best you can be for yourself first, but them also. The life we all want and deserve IS out there for us I believe. We just have to be willing to put in the effort required to grab it.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!!!

DG
            Day 10 AF * * * * * * * * * * (my gold stars!)
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

It's such a journey

Welcome to all of the newbies in this thread! Karend, I too work at home and it helped further my drinking problem along. Far too much temptation all day long.

Wishing you all the best in your goals!!! Good to hear everyone sounding so positive!:welcome:
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

It's such a journey

Welcome Karen, glad you are here.:welcome:

Comment

It's such a journey

Hi karend2,
                  Sounds like so much lovely stuff has happened in your life lately...........am so glad you`re determined not to risk losing it all to THE TRAITOR called alcohol.

I wish you much success.

Love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

It's such a journey

Another warm :welcome: - you obviously have some big, positive new steps in your life and good for you for tackling them sober! What a better way to start your future! Warmest wishes to you - and to all newbies here. :l
                    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                    Goals:
                    Days 1-7 DONE
                    Days 8-14 DONE
                    Days 15-21 DONE
                    30 days DONE
                    60 days
                    100 days

Comment

Working...
                    X