Don't Laugh, this really happened!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I have mentioned before, my husband is away a lot. He went down to Texas once, left on a Saturday, had a horrible flight, lost luggage, etc. Finally got to his hotel room late Sunday night, fell into bed exhausted, trying to get some much needed sleep - little did he know!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I had had a liquid supper. Around 11:00 I decided maybe I really should eat something.

I didn't mention before, but key to the story is that we have just moved into a new condo, which had a security system. It's a pretty fancy system, connected to the police, and also the fire department in case you should have a fire.....

Rummaged around and found a bag of frozen buns in the freezer. Thought, I'll just go potty while these are defrosting in the microwave that I didn't really know how to operate yet, especially while tipsy.

Came out of the bathroom and noticed smoke coming out of the microwave. Opened door to find buns burnt on bottom, thought, well, guess I won't be eating these and tossed them in the garbage.

The smoke detector began shrieking. I thought OMYGOD I'LL BE WAKING THE NEIGHBOURS and grabbed a kitchen chair to pull the battery out of the smoke detector - completely forgetting that it was hardwired. While this is going on, the alarm system begins to scream. You have a certain amount of time to punch in your code to disable it, which of course I was not quick enough to do. The telephone rings. I hasten to answer it, but it's one of those damn portable things and of course was not in the cradle. While I am frantically searching for it, I hear my cell phone ringing in the bedroom. This I do manage to find, and it's my husband on the other end yelling "Are you all right????? The alarm company tried to call you and you didn't answer, so they called my cell (remember, he was in the States, trying to sleep in his hotel room) and siad the house was on fire!". I said "NO I"M ALRIGHT", of course pretty much in tears by this time, and at that moment the doorbell rings. I run to answer it, and standing on my porch is a fireman in full turnout gear. I couldn't see if there was a fire truck in the driveway, but I am pretty sure he hadn't walked from the station. At this point all I could do was stand there and wail "All I was trying to do was make some toast!"

I swear, every word is true.
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Oh dear! You should make this into a video and sell it to America's funnies video and make at least some money out of it ;-))) OR ... Sue the Bun company, the microwave company and all the parties involved, as they do in the States, ha, ha
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Working...
    X