Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please save me

Hello there everone
    i have a serious problem, i am an alcoholic and it's ruining the life of my wife and 3 kids. i sit here sipping on my 9th glass of iwne, wondering when my tenant will come and ask for rent, which is 3 months late. i get a red notice on my door this morning, it read:
    Dear ___________,
    You will be evicted from this apartment if overdue bills are not paid within the next 78 hours.

i have no money, save me

Please save me

Hi Need,

No one can save you except yourself. All we can do here is offer support and hope. Most of us here are or were alcoholics and will empathise with your situation.

You have 78 Hours. Go check yourself in to rehab and start the process of dealing with your drinking addiction. Ask everyone you know for support in your efforts - your family, your doctor etc etc etc. You cannot take care of anyone else until you take care of yourself.

Ring your creditors and tell them exactly what's going on. Tell them when you are going to detox and when you expect to be out. The tell them how you are going to pay your bills and when and what amounts.

It CAN be fixed but you have to TAKE ACTION.

F.
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Please save me

Wow what a strong plea...as written above you will have to help yourself as harsh as it may sound. Promise yourself and your family that you are going to stop drinking and make an effort, and just do it! Do your wife and children live with you???? Are you emplyed???
      Good job!:goodjob:

Comment

Please save me

G*d I'm a bag.

Too many things wrong with this (or my ) post.

magic xxx :schmokin:
        ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
        I am in the next seat.
        My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Please save me

Obviously none of us can help you with the money... Flip has some good advice if it is feasible. Also, maybe you can do the same with the landlord who threatens to evict you-- maybe if you are very honest and explain your problem and the action you are taking, there will be some leniency. Do you have anyone who can help you with this process?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Please save me

Hi Needhelpfast,

Yes we can all empathise with your situation. As others have said, you do need to face up to your situation and start to sort it out. Just begining to solve the financial/addiction problems that you are having will help to alleviate some of the burden you are feeling.
            Ring your creditors/landlord and explain the situation (or give an appropriate reason for late payment) and then go about finding the way to pay (either by installment or otherwise).
            Can you borrow some money - or sell some things to get the funds together. Are you working or on benefits? Action is what is needed and you can do it - you can save yourself, the sooner you start the better.
            Take care - we are thinking of you.

Amelia
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Please save me

Hi needhelpfast,
              I`m sorry that you`re in such a terrible mess, but as everyone else here has already said...................you have to save yourself. Even if someone could miraculously fix it all in an instant for you, which unfortunately they can`t, unless you address your drinking problem, there will be other times in your life when you will find yourself in similar situations.
              I don`t know how you`ll manage to salvage your finances, but when the `chips are down`, we shouldn`t give up without a fight, i.e. pull out all the stops and approach your family and any official bodies who may be able to help you out financially.........you`ve got 72 hrs...........a lot can be achieved in that space of time if you use it wisely. If you cannot raise the back rent, I would certainly approach my landlord for time to pay..........I would only tell him that I had been ill.............sadly, where owing money is the case, many people are not exactly sympathetic on realizing that alcohol has contributed to a default.

I think I noted you were in U.K., so check out your legal situation..........as far as I know, if you have a proper tenancy agreement, a landlord has to serve a Notice To Quit, giving you at least 28 days to vacate the property(that time may actually run into a couple of months..............you need to check!!!)

Again, if you`re in U.K., there is a Charity called Shelter(you will find their number in phone directory or get it from Citizens Advice Bureau). If you take your rent agreement along to Shelter, they will fully explain your legal situation and will even phone your landlord on your behalf to try to negotiate an agreement to settle the rent arrears.

You have 3 children..............your best bet is to ask for help from Shelter...........they are all about preventing homelessness, especially where children are involved.

Be strong and draw from this experience, as you`ve had the hardest lesson why the drink must go..........drink can literally cost us everything.

You will come through all this.

Am praying for you and your family.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Please save me

P.S.

I`ve just checked on your profile which doesn`t state where you live.
                If not in U.K., check your phone directory for any charities, like Shelter here, which help the homeless.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Working...
                X