For the am drinkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the am drinkers

Just wondering if anyone had normally had one or two in the morning and has now stopped? How did you do it? I was thinking of replacing with a protein shake and a liter of water I figured I would be too full to bother after that! Oh and also did you get through the rest of the day ok without the normal am drinks? thanks!

For the am drinkers

I've had a.m. drinks when my husband is away, or if he's off for the day and still sleeping. The days he's up with me, I don't bother. (He has no idea I have a.m. drinks. I don't try to sneak them when he's around because I know you can smell it on me.)

That said, it's interesting to note that when I don't have them, I don't miss them or need them. For me, I think it's grown to a habit thing ... well, that and I don't like to drive by myself in heavy traffic (we drive in together normally)... but mostly habit ... sort of a "because I can" mentality going on for me.

I've just started the Kudzu and am finding that it really does take away the desire, or something. Can't really figure it out, but it's doing something.

Good luck to you.

~Catt
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

For the am drinkers

A few years back I started my day off with a couple shots of Vodka. Usually to kill the hangover or I was still intoxicated and needed to prevent the oncoming freight train of feeling yucky and shaky.

I think depending on how much you are drinking or how far you are in your addiction will determine how you will feel.

I felt like crapola when I gave up my morning drinking. I was fine as pie when I was pregnant tho. Didn't have ANY desire to drink ever. Sadly I went back to it - even in the morning shortly after she was born. I hate to admit it but it was my favourite time to have a few. The results were the same for the rest of the day though. Feeling absolutely horrible.

I so thank God for this place thinking back to where I was in December. So darn thankful for all of you people here. I hope you stick around here and see the magic for yourself.

Comment

For the am drinkers

I also was an AM drinker - that was my most important time of the day to drink. It was horrible, but I couldn't face the day without a few - just like some people need coffee in the AM - I needed alcohol. I know exactly how you feel. It is a hard habit to break.

You can do it, though. I don't do that AM thing anymore and now enjoy my morning decaf much more. Stick with us, keep reading and posting. You can do this.

Best of luck.........:l
        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

For the am drinkers

I used to drink in the AM too, You can kick it ........ Ditto Accountable, this place has turned my life round ...

Love & Hugs, BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

For the am drinkers

Me again, this is a really sad confession, but in the early days I used to drink cranberry juice out of a wine glass in the morning!!!! It worked ........
            sigpicXXX

Comment

For the am drinkers

Dear W: I too drank in the morning. Like Cat, I drank when I could & didn't when I the opportunity wasn't there. I'm going AF, because I just cannot mod either day or night. I'm still at the point where just thinking about drinking in the AM triggers me. I remember that warm glow that started off the day. Unfortunately, close on the heals of the warm glow, is the headachy, yucky feeling that lasts so, so long throughout the day. As I think about it now, when I drank in the AM, I committed myself to losing an entire day. One of my strategies is to remember all the bad times I had drinking to excess. It seems to work for me when drinking seems attractive. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

For the am drinkers

I'm also trying to remember the yucky feelings that drinking brings too, Mary. I'd drink before work (recently even) and going in all nice and "happy" ... and a couple hours later, feel like crap... tired, foggy... it just ruins the rest of the day. Yep, remembering that yucky feeling is a great strategy for sure.

~Catt
                AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

For the am drinkers

well, I still drink in the am sometimes, and try to make it my only drink of the day. weird, but that is the time i crave it most. just one shot does me good and i don't feel crappy later. i am geting good at leaving it after that. the best deterrant for me is to eat a lot. so if i am really determined not to drink at all, i eat as fast as i can. does anyone else find that eating takes away the craving?
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

For the am drinkers

and p.s., i get that yucky feeling you talked about, catt, when i drink coffee first thing in the morning-- 2 hours later i feel like sh-t and it lasts hours. no more coffee for me, at least on an empty stomach (so sad since i do enjoy that java).
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

For the am drinkers

My husband goes to workout early, like 5 AM. I used to go with him. Now, as soon as he's out the door, I pour one, have it, and go back to sleep. I thought I was the only one - most everyone on this website seems to wait until 5 pm. Anyway, I've ordered the topa, and while I realize I need to have a whole program, I'm REALLY hoping it reduces the cravings. I'm a former athlete and can't admit this to anyone else. I'm looking forward to my first day of sobriety. It's time.

Comment

For the am drinkers

I only drink in the AM on Sunday...at church I have the wine with communion and that triggers me grabbing a glass the minute I get home, so shameful! Anyway, I wanted to say that I also use diet 7up with cranberry juice in a wine glass to make me feel like I am having a drink, also diet ginger ale with lots of ice in a cocktail glass. Funny to read these stories when I thought I was so devious, turns out its all part of the game we all play, glad to know I'm not alone!!

Comment

For the am drinkers

if I drink in the morning it signals a huge binge/crash episode for me....that's where I get into BIG trouble. if I keep it at night I can live with myself but that whole business of starting in the morning with the "hair of the dog" is a tragedy for me. that's how I flung myself off the wagon last time. owch!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

For the am drinkers

Yes, I did the AM thing, Just a shot before my 25 mi. commute. In hindsite, I'm not real proud of that

After a while, I noticed that I had trouble printing my name (required for engineers), so I'd have another at lunch.

After that I figured that heck, smokers get a 10 min break in the middle of the morning, why shouldn't I, that solved the shaky hand when I printed.

Long story short, I started the program in March and after a few nights of light withdrawl symptoms, insomnia, cold sweats, I quit the morning thing and never want to go back. I realized that even if I didn't like my job, it would be kind of hard to get another one if your liver enzymes register off the chart during the blood test.

I have a small bowl of oatmeal and a diet soda. I can't do coffee either. Wait, I forgot, I did green tea in the AM for quite a while, but now it's 90 degrees by 6 AM and hot tea is simply not appealing.

Comment

Working...
                            X