Day 1 - maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 - maybe

I really need to stop but don't know how. When I do stop I get a very sore stomach for a few days and if I have a drink that it goes away. Unfortunately we don't have access to Kudzu as it gets stopped at customs so it seems that I must go it alone. How did everybody else get through this ? How long does it take ? and can it last forever as I feel that if I have one then I have to have another and another and another ............
    Where do I start ?
    :new:

Day 1 - maybe

Hi newme,

welcome and don't worry.
    You will get good advice here, good luck with giving up,

Diamond x
    I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
    I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

Thanks Diamond,
      I am already starting to think of having that last drink tonight before I start tomorrow, how does one make that first step again?
      Let's see what tomorrow brings

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

Welcome!!

Please read the books and the posts and consider the supplements to start.

There is much success and wisdom on this site!!

You are :welcome: here and we all wish you the best in your start on the journey.

Don't give up!! Many of us make many missteps along the way. No one here judges.

Take care and good luck!!

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

:welcome: NewMe!

You've already taken your first step - and that's the hardest - aknowledging that you have a problem and, more importantly, want to do something about it. So congratulations on your first step! So where to go from here? Another step at a time and you don't even have to think of it as your last drink for ever and ever - just take it a day at a time. It's a journey and as with all journeys there are pit falls, misdirections, cross roads, roundabouts, rough bits, smooth bits - and then there are the bits that are just plain sailing!

Have you read the book? It's easy reading, makes sense and immediately made me feel as if someone else understood what it's like! And all the wonderful people here - read, read, read - you'll find a wealth of information, inspiration, motivation if you just read your way through some of the threads here - . You will find support, commiseration, suggestions, empathy, celebrations! from everyone, so just jump in and start paddling - we're all here!

Looking forward to getting to know you, and good luck as you start out!
          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
          Goals:
          Days 1-7 DONE
          Days 8-14 DONE
          Days 15-21 DONE
          30 days DONE
          60 days
          100 days

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

I would like to introduce myself, I'm Niblet and I know exactly where you are coming from... Nooo,,,, you're not alone in this atall... You have found yourself in a very good place Newme !!! I too had the feeling of a hot rock in the pit of my stomach at first when I quit drinking... Hang in there, take some Tums or drink some milk to help coat it. May I suggest that you check out the holistic healing section on My Way Out Website... On there you will see a thread about "lithium orotate".. You may want to see if that might be for you and you can get it... One thing I've noticed about this big ol family is that all your questions are answered by compassionate people just like you and I.. I'm really glad you jumped on board and we're very lucky to have you. Welcome, Hugs, ~Niblet~ P.S. Your dehydrated body will need plenty of good old water, or gatorade... Your body may be depleted of vitamin B complex , and your magnesium will most likely be low too... Welcome the changes, good, bad and the ugly because it means that you are detoxing and allowing your body to heal itself.. If you haven't yet had the "headaches" maybe you are one of the lucky ones, but if you do they will subside also.. Honest ! L-glutamine is great to curb cravings also... I too suggest the "My Way Out" Book. Bye just for now.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

Hello newme,
              As has been said, you've taken the first step on a new, and a sometimes scary path.
              I felt as you do when I came here.
              All I can say is, take time to read the book.
              It'll tell you all you need to know.
              Meanwhile, just read as many past posts as you can.
              The depth of experience here is amazing.
              People from all walks of life come here for help, just like you did.
              You'll like it here.
              It's a great place.

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

New me - welcome! I know all too well about the sore stomach, the shakes, the over all feeling like a bag of poo when stopping. It does get better - trust me. Take some gravol and drink lots of water the first couple of days.

Your body is also probably starved for vitamins. I was taking B vitamins and other supplements to help with all of those rough days in the beginning. There are supplements available to help you with the cravings as well that you can order here on the website. Your doctor could also help you if you need a prescription for something stronger like Campral, Topamax etc....

I remember all too well the horrible feelings of coming off. But if you tough it out, you will feel better in a few days. It is worth it. Short term pain for long term gain. You can do this! :l

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

Hi new me. As someone else already pointed out, downloading the book will answer many of your questions. Our bodies become very depleted of nutrients when we drink. If you can't order kudzu, see if you have a Chinese herbalist near you. It is under a different name, but you might want to try that. In the meantime, I would recommend:

multivitamin
                  Gaba (health food store)
                  Additional B complex
                  L-Glutamine.

There are other recommendations in the holistic healthing thread.

Good Luck, and hope to hear how you are doing.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

Welcome new me,
                    I can only second what everyone else has said. Read the book and get yourself on some vitamins to start healing your body right away.

We are here for support most hours of the day. All the best to you.
                    If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

hello!

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

Hi NewMe,
                        I love your name. It says so much about you.
                        I ditto what everyone else has said. You have come to the right place. There is loads of support here. I havent drank in 14 months. When I look back at the stress I have been through I think if I can stop drinkin anyone can. Just set you mind to it and do it. There are so many rewards.

I'm sorry your stomach hurts. Maybe the others stuff will help. Just keep readin here and talk to us and we will be here for you. "Together" has a lot of power and strength. You will find a lot of friendship here.

lots of hugs....
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

Hi to all of you out there that have responded in such an awesome positive way. I am writing this while drinking a glass of wine but already feel that I have support and can make the next step to not having a glass of wine but a cup of tea as Rottrod shows while hopefully being able to offer the support that you all have. It seems like there is a mountain of friends out there that I may never meet but we all seem to know each other so well.
                          Thank you from
                          New Me

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

Welcome Newme,
                            I understand that stomach feeling very well. I have reflux and it seemed the best way to get over the stomach hangover was to drink again and then I was better. I started Kudzu and LGlut which made it easier to decrease my volume and that way I didn't have the horrible stomach the next day. I really was thinking about buying stock in Tums and Rolaids for awhile.

So very happy you are here and keep posting!
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Day 1 - maybe

Hi, New Me. I'm still figuring stuff out, but this site, which I found a few weeks ago, has helped so much. Just reading through the forums and other stuff. Wow. It has given me a starting point. New knowledge. And once you learn something, it's there. It's not like we're going to un-learn it. So, it's there. It's there while we're planning our next drink. it's there when we're drunk. It's there in the middle of the night when we get up to pee. It's there in the morning when we're getting ready for our day and wondering if we have enough mix in the fridge.

I'm finding that my drinking habit is being counteracted by my new knowledge..... a neat feeling. That has all come from reading through these boards, meeting these wonderful people and listening to their stories and coping strategies, following links, etc. I think I'm finding a new "me".

I have a long way to go yet, but I can't un-learn what I've learned these weeks. Surely that will take me somewhere!

Don't go away, ok? Stay here and build upon what you're learning. We can do this together.

~Catt
                              AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X