PDA

View Full Version : Trouble swallowing pills?

Rhiannon
August 6th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Does anyone have any trouble swallowing the bigger pills or is it just me? I can do the smaller ones, but the evening primrose and the magnesium are huge. I simply could not get the second dose of magnesium down today. What to do?
Thanks,
R

shitzulover
August 6th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I find if I take a "horse pill" with a banana it slides right down! Try it!!

diamond
August 7th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Can you not cut them in half or crush them between two teaspoons and take with a spoonful of jam like we give to kids ?

beatle
August 7th, 2007, 11:36 AM
wait a while between pills-- and then fill your mouth first with water, then the pill, then a bunch more water and open up the throat. And have a cup ready if you have to throw it up, and try again till you get it down. sucks-- no fun at all.

amethyst
August 7th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I have found that if I take my supps with a liquid other than water it helps. Soymilk does the trick for me. Kind of masks the taste/smell, helps them slide down better than plain old water. I don't know why, it just works better for me! Magnesium is a toughie for me too, since it isn't coated.

beatle
August 7th, 2007, 02:46 PM
I thought you wrote "I have found that if I take my supps with a liquor other than water it helps"... ha ha gave me a jolt!

slightlysuze
August 20th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I find it's easier to take any pill with food rather than liquid.....yoghurt, a banana or other fruit are best for me. Mash the fruit up in your mouth, push the pill in the middle and swallow. Good luck!