Hows everyones week going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to see how everyone is doing. Im actually having a pretty good week (so far) and I did not set any goals for myself. I was very tempted to drink last night, but stuffed my face full of food instead. Not recommended but I lost the interest to drink. Hope we all finish out the week and weekend doing good!
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Hey OverIt!

Good to hear you're having a good week, wondered where you were. I'm good, 15 days sober 12 days AF!

How you doing today now that the weekend is here?
    Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
    Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

doing good so far. have a mellow fun weekend planned. work today and then i think hike dogs tomorrow and go surfing. i was way ahead of my curve and then had a sllipppppp. so i just know my marker is sept 30 and that will be 30 days. sober days well i was thinking last nite wow, i used to drink about 2 bottles a nite. that's amazing. yet if i look back over the last 4 months i'd say that maybe i drank once a week on average after the topa kicked in. that's a pretty big deal. i'm very grateful for the support and the topamax. cheers
      :welcome:

Comment

Hi Delight. Bootcamp Barbie. Gee, thanks for writing. After I posted that, I realized. That was kinda a stupid post, and nobody replyed for a long time.

Thanks for asking Delight. Just a typical week here. I didnt set any goals for myself so therefore nothing has really changed. Drank a few times, but I didnt really get drunk.

WOW. Congrats on your success! Im very happy for you! That is awesome!

Comment

Hi Over,

My week was pretty boring. Slept a lot. While I was sleeping a small tornado came through the house so now I have to clean.

Bootsie and I have kennel cough, so we have been napping. On Thursday I thought it was Tuesday.

Congratulations to all who are doing what they're doing.! Have a peaceful Sunday.

m. xx
          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
          I am in the next seat.
          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Hi Magic. A tornado? What kind of tornado? I have a three year old boy. I KNOW all about tornados, my place is always a mess.

Hope you feel better with that cough! Oh and I LOVE Sundays dont you? Well as long as I dont have a hangover that is, but I wont this Sunday.

Take care

Comment

Hi Over~ A three teenager, two big dog kind of tornado!

Three year olds are cute and loveable, give good hugs and kisses and love you unconditionally.

Teenagers argue with everything you say and still make a mess!!!!!

m. xx

Enjoy your non~hungover Sunday!
              ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
              I am in the next seat.
              My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

OvertIt: I woke up feeling great today. Today is day 76 AF for me. My husband and I are leaving to go to the beach here in NJ. There's an event called, The Tube Race going on. Basically a group of about 200 people jump in the ocean with their tubes and swim from one buoy to another. It's a drink fest and a lot of fun. I feel confident that I won't want to have a drink. It's a beautiful day here. Chilly, but sunny. I woke up a little while ago having one of those "Drinking Dreams". In the dream I was denying I got drunk and picked a fight with some girl at a bar. It was weird. When I woke up and shook the cobwebs out of my head, I was so grateful that it was only a dream and that I was actually waking up sober and not hungover. Each day gets better with me being AF. The longer I go AF the stronger I become.
                September 23, 2011

Comment

Day 5 and feeling pissy, irritable, and yes, at moments even mean spirited. This is the hardest day so far though I don't know why. Guess I just have to deal with it. I got done with some other stuff and am dressed to do yard work. Hopefully I will be able to slow down and work peacefully/purposefully and let the irritability go.

I find myself, out of habit, looking forward to my reward at the end of the day. A nice glass or two or six of wine. Only to realize I won't have it.

I hope when my husband gets home from a weekend away he will be up for pizza and a movie rental. Hmmm, veggie pizza and a sober sofa cuddle. That doesn't sound bad at all.

Breath, focus...breathe, focus....

OverIt...this is not a stupid thread. Kind of a place to share thoughts and feelings from our day....see how it helped me. Sometimes just writing it out is beneficial

Comment

Hi Reenie and Change Agent. Reenie, I am in awe at your 76 days. I think that and you are amazing. ChangeAgent, I know about feeling pissy, but you made it to day 6, and that is farther than I have gotton in a long time. I am in a place where I cannot seem to set many goals for myself, so therefore for me, its just one day at a time for now. I get screwed up with the whole counting days thing, and when I really want a glass of wine. Well, most times, I just get the damn glass of wine, but try really really really hard to not get too drunk or do anything stupid. Im not sure where I am right now to be honest...but for today I feel pretty ok.

Comment

Hello to everyone. Today will be Day 11 af for me. This weekend went pretty well, a few urges but that is all. Day 5-8 was the hardest, the urges were Horrible, didn't think I would make it. Well, atleast they passed for now. I am going to make some nice hot apple cider in a while. It is cool here, fall has finally arrived - Love the Fall!
                      Have a happy Sunday. :rays:
                      Twosox

Comment

Hi Twosox: can you tell me what Americans mean by cider? In the UK (and in Europe generally), cider is an alcoholic drink that is about the same strength as beer, but I've often come across references in American books/films etc to cider being drunk by children, so I'm guessing that it doesn't have alcohol in it there?

Ps Congrats to everyone on your Af days
                        sigpic
                        AF since December 22nd 2008
                        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

OverIt2007;195940 wrote: Hi Reenie and Change Agent. Reenie, I am in awe at your 76 days. I think that and you are amazing. ChangeAgent, I know about feeling pissy, but you made it to day 6, and that is farther than I have gotton in a long time. I am in a place where I cannot seem to set many goals for myself, so therefore for me, its just one day at a time for now. I get screwed up with the whole counting days thing, and when I really want a glass of wine. Well, most times, I just get the damn glass of wine, but try really really really hard to not get too drunk or do anything stupid. Im not sure where I am right now to be honest...but for today I feel pretty ok.
                          I too am in awe of 76 days --- and I had to edit my post, I'm only on Day 5. I'm glad you feel pretty OK, but I want you to feel great. Please keep on keeping on as best you can.

I know that I could so easily cave. It's not been too difficult to make this goal on what is a long weekend for me. I made it kind of a private one person rehab retreat. But that is not real life. If too many things pile up, pile on, or I can't avoid a tempting situation, who knows? This requires such focus. It's exhausting.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments with me reaching day 76. I find the first week of sobriety being the toughest because of having to deal with cravings and irritability. As time goes on, having to change my routine and keeping myself busy has been the challenge. Being sober is a new way of life for me. When confronted with life's difficulties and hurdles, I actually "feel" now and have to cope with handling situations sober. I always reassure myself that things will be okay, and to take each day one day at a time. I remind myself that picking up a drink isn't going to make anything better. It's only going to make things worse. I hope I'm making some kind of sense here. As time goes on, it is getting a little easier. I feel more refreshed when I wake up. I have been going to social functions, but always keep water or a glass of club soda in my hand. I make an effort to enjoy myself and remind myself that drinking isn't going to enhance my personality or make the event even more fun than it already is. If I drink, I'll winde up saying or doing something I regret, I'll have an awful night's sleep and wake up feeling not only physically sick, but feeling guilty. My advise to AF'rs is to do the best you can one day at a time. Going one day AF is a great accomplishment. It shows you can do it and you capable of giving your body and cells the rest they need. After one day, go five days, then 10 days and so on. The longer periods of time you go AF, the stronger you will become and the more you will learn that you don't need alcohol to have a good time, relax, avoid fear, etc.... You learn to trust that "things always work out" and that drinking isn't going to help the situation at hand. It's a matter of digging deep within yourself and wanting to take care of yourself more.
                            September 23, 2011

Comment

Marshy, apple cider is a non-alcoholic drink, however, some people do add alcohol to it.
                              Twosox

Comment

Working...
                              X