Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrgh!!!

Hey Everyone
    So, bad news from the prospective job front. To keep me from changing departments with my company, the GM told my prospesctive boss that I am "unavailable" for hire. Crappy huh!! It's hard to believe that I have given this company so much of my time and this is how I'm repaid. Anyway, another possible prospect in construction. But, honestly lately I just want to get plastered. The good news, however, is that I have faced this crisis and haven't gotten drunk!!!

Sleep well everyone! Peace!

Red
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Arrgh!!!

that's tough luck, Red. Good for you for handling it well. It's ironic, isn't it, that you do a good job, and then you can't get somewhere because you do your job too well. It happened to me. I couldn't get a good letter of recommendation because my boss didn't want to see me go. I did get plastered though, many times in fact. Please don't do it, it doesn't help at all, I can tell you from experience.

Is there any way you can get around your boss? Like, maybe talk to the other department head and let them know you are really interested?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Arrgh!!!

they probably think they are doing you a favour!
      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Arrgh!!!

Red, that sounds really frustrating!!!! Well done for not getting plastered.
        x
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Arrgh!!!

good on ya red!
          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Arrgh!!!

Sorry to hear about the disappointment at work, Red. Love your attitude........I think drink loses much or most of the hold it has over us, once we accept that drink cannot change a thing in our lives. Good for you, Red!!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Arrgh!!!

Well done Red for not having that drink. Hope things get better for you.

Rustop

Comment

Arrgh!!!

You are a bigger person than me Red. I didn't get a job I wanted and felt I was perfect for and I went home and got plastered. Suure helped a lot, and I feel just super today.....NOT! You should be proud! :goodjob:

Comment

Arrgh!!!

way to go Red!! thats a tough deal.If everybody in n.p.& fbks didn't know each other?small towns are smalltowns.Keep up the good work!!!!! steve

Comment

Working...
                  X