28 YEARS !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 YEARS !

Well have been AF for 8 days and i fell grreat! Last night i started to add up all the years i have been drinking came up with 28 . started at the ripe old age of 14 hopefully i am stopping at the fed-up age of 42. I did alot in those years did o k early on made it through high school , got a good job made some money drank alot i could control it better back then but as time went by i began to slip . would wake up on a sat. morn on the couch ,after a night out with the guys not knowing how i got there . would call my friendstoask what happened they would laugh tell me i made a fool of myself. I would tell myself NEVER AGAIN but sunday i would drink again! After several years of this i met a girl we got married had a beautiful baby girl , built a new home every thing great . I KEPT DRINKING marriage over in under 5 years. I went on a binge! WENT TO JAIL 2 TIMES FOR disorderly conduct. The last time i realy tried to slow down it worked i spent time with my daughter went to counceling met a beautiful girl , over time we married had 2 children life was great i did moderation drinking , for awhile then the demon returned with a vengence! THAT IS WHY TODAY ON DAY 8 I SAY NO MORE ! I HAVE WASTED ENOUGH TIME WITH BOOSE! I AM GOING TO GET ON WITH MY LIFE! With the help of this program and you good people i think i can . THANK YOU ALL.

28 YEARS !

Yes mold.........you can indeed get on with your life, and here is where it will all begin for you as long as you wholeheartedly commit to sobriety. For many of us, I don`t think the drink can ever be truly tethered........some of us just can`t moderate. I am totally convinced of this, as was 10 yrs. sober in the remote past and "happily" returned to drinking like a fish 5 yrs. ago...........NEVER AGAIN!!!

Am almost 7 wks. sober now and determined to do everything in my power to ensure that I`m sober for keeps........join me!!

Wishing you love and strength, mold.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

28 YEARS !

Hi Mold and welcome,
      well done on 8 days. Keep reading and posting, try reading the mwo book.
      Take one day at a time, that demon can rear it's ugly head at the most
      unforseen moment, I know from experience.
      Best wishes to you. Love Paula.

Comment

28 YEARS !

Hi Mold - and welcome - you sound like your head is at exactly the right place for you to to succeed.

I too just got fed up of it all after years of trying half heartedly to quit.

Once the mindset had changed - it was relatively plain sailing.
        Now comimg up fast on 60 days AF - you CAN do it.

Good luck

Satori
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

28 YEARS !

mold welcome and congrats on 8 days. coming up on 30 days myself and am too with satori on this one. once you decide that you want it and really really want it it will be that calm place in the storm waiting for you. no more craziness for you. so, yes, you had lots of years drinking and now lots of years sober. all of it comes down to 24 hours at a time. the choices we make save our life each and every day. so smile on up you have partners on this journey. bootsie
          :welcome:

Comment

28 YEARS !

Mold,

I agree with Starlight, BCB, Paula, and Satori. YOU can do it. Being fed up with drinking at age 42 is a great place to start.

If the mind is ready, the body will follow (begrudgingly perhaps in the beginning).

Be proud of those AF 8 days. :goodjob:

July

Comment

Working...
            X