No Hangover Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Hangover Monday

Went to bed sober last night for the first time in weeks. I feel great so far this morning, spent an hour at the gym and have to start my Monday ritual of sending resumes to all the ads in the Sunday papers. Being unemployed is NOT good at this point in time as I have too much time on my hands.(isn't that a song?) I'm looking forward to doing it again tonight.(going to bed sober, that is) Well, to all the others who are are new, this is the closest I've felt to any group, on line or in person, since I started this battle 5 years ago. Maybe I'll get it right this time. As long as we keep trying, we haven't failed.
    "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

No Hangover Monday

way to go iow: thats a great feeling isn't it? that extra time gets filled in like an empty shelf, just don't spend too much time thinking about how much time's been wasted over the years (that can be real depressing) Keep up the great battle.you will win!!! steve

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Congrats. This is my second hangover free Monday in a row and how odd it is but I love it. Good luck on finding a job.

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Ooh well done, well done, well done.

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Feels fantastic to wake up without a hangover, doesn`t it iowe?
          Just think how fantastic you`ll feel in the morning when you`ll have done 2 AF nights in a row!!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Thanks, everyone. You know it, Star. I have never known onyone who regretted waking up without a hangover.
            "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Well done matey! It gets better each day.....come back tomorrow and tell us how good you feel!

Suze
              Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Well done Iowa!

Keep the strong and confident attitude --- you can do this!!! )

Nice chatting with you also!

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Hey Iowegian (is that a word for someone from Iowa?)

My first hangover free Monday was so WEIRD! It had been SO LONG since I'd had one it was an odd but WONDERFUL feeling. Monday is still not my favourite day but it's better than before.

Hang in there on the job front- I'm in the same boat! Keep busy, it helps, exercise - it keeps the endorphins flowing for those "down days".

Good luck and hope to see you around.
                  Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                  Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Iowegian is a blend of Iowan and Norwegian. Usually it refers to an Iowan of Norwegian descent. Although I'm actually German, it seemed like a fun moniker. Thanks for the replies. See you all around here soon.

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Good Job Everyone!! The Af days will just start adding up and you'll feel better everyday.. Stay strong and focus on recognizing The Beast when he puts drinking thoughts into your head. Make it a mission, a challenge. Glad to have you with us..Don

Comment

No Hangover Monday

No hangover on Tuesday, either. And headed to bed AF in a few hours. Somewhere after the first week is when I usually mess up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
                        Thanks chief.

io

Comment

No Hangover Monday

I kept falling after 6 days when I first started, now I'm on 20! Make a sober activity plan for the weekend - something to look forward to - that's how I got past my first weekend. You can do it and you'll be so proud of yourself when you do! You can't take something out of your life without putting something in to replace it.

Good Luck Iowegian!
                          Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                          Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Well, day 5 is starting out well. I woke up sponateously at 5:00 this morning after 7 hours of restful AF sleep. The weekend is looming nearer, and I'm going to take your advice deilight and try to plan as many things as i can to stay busy as I can. Funny, but there are so many things I need/want to do I don't know where to start. That's the wierd thind. Sometimes the number of things I need/want to do is overwhelming, and I tend to say "screw it". I can't decide so I just won't do anything. That sounds so childish now that I've put it in words. I guess just typing it out clarified it for me.
                            Anyway, to paraphrase Buzz Lightyear "To Freedom, and Beyond"
                            Have a good day, my good friends. I must say I'm glad I've found you all.
                            Take care and peace,
                            IO

Comment

No Hangover Monday

Iowa,

:goodjob: on the day 5 and the restful sleep!!

I am happy to hear you are doing well.

Take care and be seeing you in chat. We are doing this!!

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X