• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling very hostile, Day 3

I'm as cross as a bag of cats and twice as likely to scratch nfire:

B

I was wrote all this when I was trying to post the thread but I panicked because I thought the whole post would appear on the name of the thread. Doh!

My husband is giving me a wide berth at the moment and with good reason. He let our adorable but crazy kitten out of the kitchen and she came up and pulled all the threads in my jumper.
    I've been thinking about having a glass of wine (it's never just one) or a vodka and diet coke (it's never just 3 or 4) every ten minutes since I got home from work.
    First just to wind down after a good day's work. Then as a reward. Then because I was tense. Then because the kitten kept walking over the keyboard (she has No manners God love her). Then, after I ran away upstairs with the laptop, because my husband forgot and let her up and she pulled the thread in my jumper. SHE'S THE REAL THREADKILLER.

He's a dote but he's a bit absentminded at times. So, I fleeced him for forgetting I was on the run from her. Now I don't feel angry but I do feel guilty for being mad at my husband and the kitten.

I'd still love a drink. But I don't think i'll have one.

B

Comment

Phoenix74;196384 wrote: I'm as cross as a bag of cats and twice as likely to scratch nfire:
      That is that FUNNIEST expression I have ever heard!

Sorry you are having a rough day today! Stay strong.

Comment

Oh Pheonix, Hang on in there.

It won't make you feel better, just worse.

I am at work in an internet cafe, I have 2 nice customers in, who are busy doing their thing so its an ideal time for me to read the posts, catch up on emails etc- I have so little time during the day as I have 6 rescued dogs and 2 cats, and work a 50 hour week.

So here I am enjoying some quiet time and in comes this guy who I befriended recently because he'd had bad luck and i felt sorry for him. Now he's just sitting in front of me expecting me to have yet another mundane conversation with him in broken English and I feel like screaming, or having a beer.

If I end up having a beer because of him, I will hit him I swear.

Comment

Pheonix, day 3 is tough, but hang in there, post here when you feel like a drink ....

Marbella, A job in an internet sounds brilliant if you have an addiction to this place .....
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Sorry Phoenix you made me laugh with your comment as well. Do not drink. You will be so proud of yourself in the morning. Same with you Marbella!!!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi Pheonix,
              Don`t worry.........this too shall pass..........I was one mean bitch the first few days when I quit. lol

You`ll chill out by the weekend.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hang on in there, Phoenix! Think how good you'll feel tomorrow morning that you didn't let a negative emotion thwart your plans not to drink. :l

Oh...and we say mad as a box of frogs round here.........
                Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Hello everyone, thank u all for the positive wishes. It's 21.22 and I'm drinking.
                  Orange and pineapple cordial.
                  It's nice.
                  (Will everyone think I'm being flippant there?)
                  I think I might be in the habit of 'joking around' at inappropriate times, or is it inappropriate to do this because it's a humorous way of deflecting my thoughts from the reason I'm here? Or does that matter anyway? I seriously don't wish to offend anyone who's feeling crappy too, but doesn't say silly things... Or log on here to read silly things from me????

B

Comment

Phoenix,

No worries on the flippancy. Just read some of Flip's posts. (Go figure on the name..)

Sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves or we would just sit and cry...

Take care. Sounds like you are doing really great!!

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Pheonix,
                      It`s good to involve a bit of humour in our plight........if we were all doom and gloom, we`d likely fail.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thank you Starlight!
                        I think I'm going to see in day 4 af. I wanted to ask someone about my red eyes.
                        A few months back I was at the optician and asked him if there could be an opthalmological reason for constantly red streaks in the white of my eyes. Hubby was with me so I felt very squirmy when the optician chortled and told me i'd have to off stay off the drink!
                        Th optician didn't know any better, but I wished the ground would open up and swallow me in front of my husband. Anyway, even on my af days I still had the same streaks, but I presumed that I had to have a lot of af days before the streaks would go away. I'm on day 3 now and this morning my eyes were as bad as ever. I'm sure all my colleagues think I drink a skinful every night (even after nights when I only had 2 glasses of wine). Are the red eyes associated with the drinking? When will they go away? Or should they be gone when I've had no drink?
                        Lot of questions i know.
                        It really helps me to come here and just read posts as well as posting here and there. It gives me a distraction from the irritability I find coming over me every other minute. The nerves settle, and that helps me to go another while without being seriously tempted to have a drink. We don't go out, and there's lots of alcohol in the house. I don't want to pour it away because the last time I did that I went out and bought more the next day so I think it aggravates me into defiance that I don't have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol.

B

Comment

Phoenix your humour is a breath of fresh air! There is no better medicine than a good laugh at times especially when you are upset. The bag of cats comment was so darn funny I have been laughing about it since reading it. I hope you are feeling better.

Comment

I'm still here though the cordial's all gone :-(

Thanks Cindi and Accountable, I know another expression that still makes me laugh myself, even when I say it, but it only applies when you're sick ( most aptly when you're drink sick the morning after the night before, so I'll have to start using it across the spectrum of other illnesses ) it's - "I'm as sick as two small hospitals"...

Marbella - I'm wondering if the guy in the internet cafe drove you to the drink!

B

Comment

Phoenix, be as flippant as you want .... you will soon find that we love it ...........
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X