Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need Day 18

Good morning everyone

Hope you are all doing good no matter how many days you are on. Its hard to believe that we are approaching the end of the third week. Its still hard but I am becoming more used to not having that glass of wine at night. Feeling great every morning more than makes up for it or so I keep telling myself.

The weather is becoming much colder and the evenings shorter. I quite like the long winter nights with a cosy fire. I read a lot but will have to think of some other project to keep me occupied, any suggestions?

Rustop

Newbies in need Day 18

Good Morning to ALL Newbies!!

RU, I recall 30 years ago living in Germany for 3 years sans television that those long winter nights could seem pretty long. I did a lot of baking, sewing, card playing, reading. etc. I remember madly dashing outside by noon to get my run in before it started getting dark again.

I have completed Day 1 AF and know I will be heading into the hardest few days here. Chief told me to think of it is nothing but a bad flu. I really like that idea!! This, too, shall pass.

Hope all to come have a wonderful day!!

BTW, where is Garden Girl? I haven't seen her lately??

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in need Day 18

Hi everyone, day 8 for me - not feeling great, that old booze beast is lurking whispering in my ear. Will take another L-glut and keep myself busy. Its not easy is it but then if it was, none of us would be here on this site. I'll see you later, off to Sainsbury's for a food shop. Janicexx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in need Day 18

Hi everyone,
        I'm doing well, stopped counting the days, as I feel obsessional about it.I haven't drank for
        some time. Good luck Rustop, Janice and Cindi.
        Love Paula.xx

Comment

Newbies in need Day 18

Hi Rustop, Cindi, Janice, paula and all yet to come.

Yes Rustop, I think as time goes on, we do get used to not chilling out with the wine of an evening and start to see the habit breaking, and I think it`s really important that we always find something to occupy ourselves......actually, if you`re feeling somewhat at a loose end, you could always come and help me decorate my house!!! lol

Am so glad you got your 1st day in Cindi.......I think the flu idea is a good one.........just consider how hellish we can feel sometimes when down with flu, and how well we feel when recovered.

I pm`d GG a few days ago.......no reply as yet.......hope she`s O.K.......she`s sadly missed here.

You`re doing so well Janice......we just gotta keep looking the Booze Beast in the eye and tell him to take a hike!!!

Knew you`d have no problems getting back on track, paula........it must be a wonderful feeling to know you have gone without the booze for a whole half a year.......am looking forward to that major milestone myself.

Have a great day all.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Newbies in need Day 18

Hi Everyone: I'm gaining my equilibrium after Sunday's slip. Janice, don't let that boozebeast talk to you. That's what got to me. In contemplating what happened, I think I've figured it out. I just didn't want to be w/myself & deal w/any of my feelings on Sunday. I wanted numbness. What I got instead was isolation. I didn't communicate w/my husband who ended up vegging out in front of football all day. I didn't call anyone at all. And instead of working through any uncomfortable feelings that might come up, I ended up feeling guilty & ashamed. I certainly learned that alcohol doesn't do anything positive for me at all.

Cindi: I'm w/you on day 2. Keep going. Try to eat porperly & enjoy the lovely weather.
            Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
            X