help!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help!!!!!!!!

hello ive never done anything like this before. i'm at work and i'm posting this as i have realised that after another heavy night;s drinking ny boyfriend wont talk to me. i cant remember what i did or said. its happening all to often now and my boozing is spiralling out of control. i'm always the butt of everyones jokes because i'm always the drunkest at any party or any night really. once i start i cant sttop. i only have access to a computer once a week at work so i cant post regularly. i keep saying i cant afford a computer at home but i seem to manage to afford to get trollied every week!!!!:upset: :upset: :new:

help!!!!!!!!

Shellbee,
    I know how it feels to lose control once you start drinking. I've been doing it for 20+ years.
    For me at least, ths only answer is abstinence. I am definately what RJ refers to as :late stage alcoholic"(I despise that word). You can find help here. Lot's of help.
    I wonder, at the public library where I live, there are computers with internet access available whenever the library is open. I think this is common now. Maybe you could check out using a library computer for more frequent access. I'll bet that if you were to give up getting pickled every night, you could save up the money for a computer pretty quickly. Might be a good motivator, but that's just my opinion.
    Stay in touch and take care,
    IO
    "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

help!!!!!!!!

Shellbee,

Welcome!!!

Great first step!! Get the book. Try the supps if you can and I agree with IO check out your library!

Comment

help!!!!!!!!

Shellbee,

Good for you for recognizing you have a problem and taking a step to figure out how to deal with it.

Please get a copy of RJ's book. It is the first step in this MWO journey.

Posting here and reading is also important. Perhaps, as Iowa says, a library? There are also many inexpensive laptops available nowaways. Otherwise, you may have to consider AA or some other group in your town. Personally, I like the MWO group much better. :-) But that is a personal opinion.

:welcome: and best of luck.

I hope you go from being the butt of jokes to the only sober/mod one at the parties!!

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

help!!!!!!!!

Hi shellbee and welcome.
          Like you say, if you can afford to drink heavily, you could afford to save for a computer if you stopped the drinking.

Yes, I`ve been there........everyone loves poking fun at the girl who gets the most pissed and goes on to make a complete fool of herself.......we can even laugh at our own antics until the feelings of deep shame kick in in the morning. But no use crying over spilled milk they say, so get a grip of yourself from this day forward and tell yourself you`re not going to get yourself in such a state as to make an utter fool of yourself ever again.......let them find someone else to take the piss out of. But please don`t feel ashamed.........it`s the drunk in you that does all the mad behaviour........the "real you" is who you are when sober.

I hope you embrace the M.W.O. programme. You firstly have to make a commitment to help yourself by stopping drinking......from that point onwards, you will find all the help and support here you need.

Wishing you love and strength for your journey,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

help!!!!!!!!

I ADMIT IT! I AM A PROBLEM DRINKER

THANYOU FOR YOUR REPLIES. I ALREADY LOVE THIS SITE I AM GOING TO START SAVING MY PENNIES AND BUY A COMPUTER. I MUST ADMIT THE THOUGHT OF STOPPING IS VERY DAUNTING BUT I'M GOING TO GIVE IT MY BEST SHOT. SICK OF NOT REMEBERING WHY I'M WAKING UP ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR. ITS NO WAY TO LIVE :thanks: :h

Comment

help!!!!!!!!

Well, it is daunting to quit, shellbee, but you give it your best shot as you say, and you`ll make it. Am almost 8 wks. sober now, thanks to M.W.O. and all the wonderful friends I have made here.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

help!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the best place in the world for getting support and love for the drinking (and any other) problems you have. I've been sober for nearly 10 months and I couldn't have done it without MWO.

Read everything you can, and take it slowly.
                It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                X