Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you lost weight when you quit or moderated drinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just curious. I think I would drop 10 pounds quickly if I would stick with it. I heard some people actually gain weight because they eat a lot of sweet junk food to compensate for the sugar in their alcohol.

Hi Yoplait,
    I really think it`s much down to our own metabolism, but I quit 53 days ago and have lost 19 lbs.

Comment

Wow Star! You must have disappeared!

Me = loads of chocolate and food but 116 days and lost 14lbs.

Good luck!

FMF x
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

No wayyyy FMF.........I still have another 16 lbs to go........wine sure made me a big girl!!!........looking forward to being supa-sexy-slim well in time for Christmas though. lol

Starlight Impress x

Comment

it's probably the topamax but i weighed um 148 lbs and am down to about 115 lbs after 5 months. i think another 5 lbs should do it. it is fun to be a size 2. wahoooo. hubby thinks i'm super sexy bootsie now instead of puff face barbie lol
          :welcome:

Comment

Puff face Barbie - LMAO! (too funny Barbie!)

Me... well since December I have lost 23lbs. I would probably have lost more but I can't seem to stick with a decent exercise regime and have started to eat a bit more than usual lately.

Booze weight was about 20 pounds. It took about 3 months to lose it without adding anything drastic into my day.

Comment

yes is i should sign everything pfb. hahahahahahaha. or puff barbie.
              :welcome:

Comment

LOL Barb - you have got a great career as a rapper stretching on front of you with a name like Puff Barbie!

I have gone down from 165 to 159 lbs in 64 days of non drinking - but then I was pretty slim to start with!

Satori

xxx
                "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Hey Scottish Glasgow type lady (just lost this post using your real name - again!!!)

Why you feeling crappy???

Wot do we do to cheer you up???

Love n' hugs :l

Satori
                  xxx
                  "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

i went from a 175 to 167....probably only afford 2 more pounds.....

i think that my stomach has shrunk....can't eat the 2nd helping as before....

i think that stress had a lot to do with the weight loss also...
                    -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Calories

I read the average bottle of merlot has 650 - 700 calories. I don't know about you all but my bottle (plus) of wine I also eat more (to even out my buzz). That's probably 1000 or more extra calories in a day!

One pound equals 3500 calories.

Comment

Hey all,

I have lost about 12 lbs since I found this site. (That was about a day after Star, so almost 2 months ago.) I thought I would lose more quicky without all those calories, but no such luck!! I think my body went into shock and starvation mode. Anyway, these 12 lbs weren't easy--I also changed my eating patterns (to very healthy and a lot less quantity) and added excercise (walking fast pace for 2-3 miles a day) for the first time in years! I would love to give my metabolism needs a swift kick!!!! Being 46 does stink!! )

Can't do anything except keep plugging along. I will HAVE to lose at some point --- it's a fact of science right??!??! LOL

Have a nice day everyone!

Comment

I lost about 7 lbs, but then, I started drinking again, but somehow the wait stayed off. Isn't that odd?

Comment

I was doing the math and thinking I'd lose 2.5 lbs a week by doing nothing but stop drinking. I'm looking for inspiration. Congrats to you who've lost!

I am heading toward the slower metabolism but am still pretty young so that should help me. 33.

Comment

Working...
                            X