girl done a good first week ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

girl done a good first week ;)

it's been a week since i first logged on and i'm very happy to say that my first week has been fantastic. i have had a few drinks but managed to stay in control and not drink myself into a stuporand can rember the whole weekend (something which has not happened in years)staying Af during the week . i have realised that so called 'friends' will laugh at you and encourage you to 'get pissed you're soooo funny when your pissed' - no thanks find someone else to laugh at. and ive not argued with my other half which is also a first for many weekends.

i know its only been a week and there are more hurdles to jump but im slogging it out. i found that it helps just to stop and imagine the sort of person i turn into when i'm drunk - violent, aggressive and a total embarrasment to myself and my boyfriend and then i'm sot so sure i want that 'extra top up' in my glass.

much love to everyone here and good luck i hope you all get everything you wish for:h

girl done a good first week

Shellbee :goodjob:

Well Done, keep it up, Its amazing how good it makes you feel isn't it ??
    sigpicXXX

Comment

thanks - it is amazing kind of like youre becoming that person you know your supposed to be. it just takes some time to get there!

Comment

it just takes some time to get there!

But boy! ... is it worth it! I really like me now.

Hang around with us Shellbee. :welcome:

Comment

Congratulations Shellbee! Welcome to the best place in the world - sobriety!

I love what you said about becoming that person you know your supposed to be.... so true - and you're only one week AF!!! You're a bloody genius!!
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

your right yawnyfrog for this last week i've felt like i actually liked myself - no groveling to the boyfriend for forgiveness for my drunken ranting and feeling in control. just needed a great big kick up the arse!!

flip - yes i am a bloody genius lol. x

sorry tawny frog - didnt mean to put yawny im a rubbish typer

Comment

I like you already Shellbee, hang around ok!
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Shellbee,

:welcome:

We are really happy you are here.

Cindi

I can't help it, Yawnyfrog keeps coming to mind. :H
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey Shellbee! I hear ya! I've been doing tons better myself, and YES it does feel very nice doesnt it? Keep up the great work!
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Excellent, Shellbee! You stick with it, girl, and make friends with the real you again!:h
                    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Congrats Shellbee. Well done on your first, and extremely important step in this journey. It is so much easier having friends that understand the highs and lows of this struggle. WE CAN WIN.

TC

Comment

Yay Shellbee!

Gosh can I relate to your post. It's been about 2 weeks for me, and I have had probably 2 drinks (beer) total in those 2 weeks. I feel so in control and it feels so good. Like you, I am AF during the week, outside of the random beer with my hub (restricted to one week night). I am purposely choosing beer, as I NEVER desire more than 2 in one sitting. (My drink of choice was wine or whiskey).

:goodjob: Also- I can soooo relate to remembering the whole weekend, or night before, or whatever it was.

Comment

Working...
                        X