This is bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is bad

I've struggled with abuse for to long. Last week I went on holiday and drank morning to night. I am now home and have phoned into work sick (I am). I am drinking now to control the effects, but last night finally admitted to my girlfriend that I am an alcoholic. This is a first.

I am drinking now (as I said to stop the effects) but desperately want to stop. This is scaring me so much.

This is bad

Welcome Amashed, we have all been where you are now. The first step is
    admitting you have a problem, you have taken it.
    Keep reading and posting, get the MWO book.
    Best wishes Paula.x

Comment

This is bad

Last night I had to ask my girlfriend to buy beer for me because I thought the come down would result in me having a grand mal fit. I am soo embarrised.

Comment

This is bad

I am your alcoholic twin.....sitting right there with you. Want to break the cycle too!!

Comment

This is bad

Paula - thank you.

Comment

This is bad

millie,

what has happend to you? I feel alone. Have you spoken to anyone?

Comment

This is bad

Sending you love and prayers.
              Take care, I've been where you are now. It gets better.
              Stick with it ,ask for help. Don't give in.
              Paula.

Comment

This is bad

I am trying to navigate the web site having trouble getting the gist of all the texting...

Comment

This is bad

I really do not know what the next step will be......debating the meds, etc. Can it be done with natural products vs. drugs

Comment

This is bad

I am afraid of what my girlfriend thinks of me now I have admitted the truth and am worried how life will continue. You all sound so brave - I wonder how I can do what you are doing.

Comment

This is bad

Hi Amashed and Millie :welcome: to MWO ......

You CAN both get through this ......Amashed, drink slower ..... then gradually stop ..........

Millie I did it just with the supplements from here, we all do it differently ...

Love & Hugs to you both :h :l :h
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

This is bad

millie;200762 wrote: I really do not know what the next step will be......debating the meds, etc. Can it be done with natural products vs. drugs
                        Do you have come downs or DTs etc?

Comment

This is bad

Hey amashed,

Sounds awful. Remember that it is your brain chemistry that is doing this to you.

When you are beating yourself up about this, please just try to take a moment and remember that you are worth feeling better about yourself. It feels awful now, but you WILL get to that place where you can feel a bit better.

Whatever you have done, or think you have done, you can survive. Everyone here has been through that. Hold on.

Gem x
                          Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

This is bad

hello & wow i just do not know were to start this week end i drank 1 liter of e & J everyday for 4 days straight. & i have been trying so hard to stop

Comment

This is bad

If she is a good friend she will be there for you....if not, she really is not a true friend. Could she be any harder on you than we all are on ourselves?? I think the first step is quit worrying about what others think and start trying to fix ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X