• Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

I'm trying to get my first day

help

well, KoKo, why not make it today???

a good place and time to start....

there is always a lot of support here......especially needed if you feel alone and worried..

try to start thinking about good things and get busy with some project....
    -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

help

me too

Just back and worried too (how did you get that up there in the right hand corner??)

I have NO support, an now my computer at home is gone, so only have work one to use and am VERY busy, so hardly get on, but just got back into this group, you will find support, I just have to start asking and get through today (which I am quite worried about) I have not been sober for about 1 month now :upset: :fingers: Cross my fingers you get through the day, hope I make it too.........................................

There is lots of love here,

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

help

Hi Koko

You have been drinking a lot these past few days.

I have replied to you on another thread but I want to be sure you see this.

I am worried about you quitting cold turkey. I think you should go to an emergency department or right to your doctor and tell them what you have been up to so they can help you. This is important. Withdrawal is serious. Please do this.

I am so glad you posted, it's a great first step in getting well and we are all here to help you in any way we can. You remind me a lot of me.

magic xx :l
        ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
        I am in the next seat.
        My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

help

Koko and Cowgal, welcome, you will get all the support you need,
          just keep reading and posting when possible. Have you got the
          MWO book, lots of good advice and tips in it.
          Best wishes Paula.x

Comment

help

Koko: Keep trying & coming here, especially to the newbie forum. The Newbie in Need ODAT thread is great, because it contains:
            -encouragement
            -love
            -suggestions
            -answers to questions.

Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

help

Koko and Cowgirl, welcome from me too!!
              We would love to support and encourage you. Just come on line and someone will be here for you. I know it's kinda scary when you are starting out, but this is such a great place with so many wonderful people, you will both soon feel right at home.
              x
              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

help

re-starting, scarry

I am re-starting, didn't do well, tried AA, failed that too................feel hopeless, sorry to be such a downer, but what can anyone do for me?? I am just beyond help?? Tried topa, supps, read book over and over, maybe abs is the only way forme, butI cannot even do that!!:upset:

lease: :anyone:

I love you guys though, just feeling helpless ??????
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

help

Hey all!! I also am re-starting, AA made me WORSE and I've been on a binge since my last AA meeting... for the last week. I'm so angry at myself. The only good thing I can say, is I haven't been drinking like bottles of wine or 12 packs of beer, but I have had a few drinks everyday. My Dr upped my Zoloft so I'm hoping that will help with the craving. You know what stinks the most about all this, is if you can get yourself past a couple of days you start feeling SOOO much better!! So here I am again, gosh why couldn't I be like addicted to exercise, health food or even sex?? At least that would be healthy and fun. And I KNOW my husband wouldn't complain about a sex addiction...LOL:H
                  Anyway, hope everyone hangs in there today,:l I'm determined to, it's just so damn hard sometimes. ESPECIALLY when you have a liquor store right around the corner!
                  Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

Comment

help

Cowgirl,

You are not hopeless, you just have to WANT it enough. No one can do it for you.

How badly do you WANT sobriety? This is not an easy journey, but in order to have some success you need to define your WHY (do you want sobriety) and then WANT it enough.
                    The journey has to begin within and everything else (books,sups, hypno...) is just an aid.

You CAN do it. You have the power within you.

tc

Comment

Working...
                    X