Hi. Just have gone through horrendous withdrawal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again! Know that I need to stop or will die through drinking or involuntarily killing myself! Just thought I'd say hello and wish support to everybody else on here. By horrendous I mean 3 weeks of 5 bottles of wine a day starting at 6 in the morning. I'm amazed I'm still here but want to continue to be without drinking. Not happy in myself at the moment but alcohol certainly isn't helping_ And I know it will get better over time if I stop.

I hope I haven't come onto the knitting club forum by mistake. Only joking and not being facetious - it's the only way I can deal with it at the moment. Ended up in hospital where I don't want to be again through drink.

Hey Harris, Welcome. No I dont knit, although have often thought I might like to:H

Hang in there and keep on coming here and posting, reading etc.
    Phew, 5 bottles of wine a day??! That would sure knock me back!!
    Yep, I agree you sure do need to do something about that. At least you have acknowledged your problem, that is the hardest part.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hi Harris,
      5 bottles! I really feel for you. The hangover must have been awful. I can only say keep reading around here...something will click for you...there's plenty of people all the time to offer advice.
      best wishes
      littlewheel

Comment

Harris, welcome to you...... :welcome:

Um, I'm going to be bold and say 5 bottles a day is TERRIBLE................. Fact. End of story. As you know and why you're here and we welcome you to a new life where you'll live. (But you're not the first and wont be the last. I was on spirits so I'm a fine one to talk! Um, not 5 bottles of it though!)

So, I really do welcome you and wish you the very best for your journey. You sound to have docs behind you from the hospital which is probably good when you're coming off that much. It's going to get MUCH better!

Looking forward to reading your posts and having the honour of sharing your journey, Harris.

Love to you
        FMF xx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hi Harris and welcome.
          A wake up call if ever there was one........."I`m amazed I`m still here".......that makes two of us. Yes, you`re lucky to be alive........must certainly have been in danger of alcohol poisoning with drinking such an amount.

So, thank God that you`ve survived this horrific time in your life, look around you and see all that life has to offer the sober you. Is not easy to quit, but you have shown true guts. Be proud that you are now clean and promise yourself that clean is how you`ll stay.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Have you gotten through the withdrawal safely? With that amount of alcohol on a daily basis it could be dangerous for you to stop suddenly. Have you had some meds or supervision to help you detox?

I have been AF for 9 days now, I tend to binge-drink so often go up to 10 days AF then go beserk for anything between 12hrs and 3 days. Then have a full day where I can only lie in bed waiting for the alcohol to leave my system followed by 3-4 nights of waking up drenched in cold sweats. This time I am determined to never drink again. Today something painful had to be faced in my life, and I got through it without even wavering for a drink. I know alcohol can only ever make things worse.

At the moment even thinking about a drink makes me want to throw up so I am going to keep that, and use this state of mind to ensure I don't drink again.

Comment

Welcome, Harris. You have come to a great place! I hope that you can download the book and read it. You can come on here with any questions, and also participate in chat if you want.

Also, if you need help fast, you can post on our Need Help ASAP forum. People will look there first to see if anyone needs help.

All the best to you. I'm glad you survived what must have been a dreadful experience!

:goodjob: :welcome:

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hey Harris!
                Glad you have joined this group. Your experience in the hospital must have been awful.
                Please please come to this site often for support. This is a wonderful site. Everyone is so supportative....been there, done that. You are not alone.
                Welcome!

Comment

Wecome Harris! you must be feeling better as your typing quite well...I'm sure many of us have had times when we shook too bad to even type....I know I have.
                  Glad you've found us...wonderful community here
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

harris ... sorry, my question is 'are you on the program?' in other words ... are you taking topa? kudzu? doing hypno? anything? or are you drinking 5 bottles a day IN SPITE of those things.

those of us starting out want to know. really. i'm hoping you're @ the stage where you're about to start (not @ that stage in spite starting) or, worse, just f-ing with us. seriously ... who can type coherenty after drinking 5 bottles a day.

m

Comment

Hi Harris!

And welcome!

It's amazing what our bodies and livers will tolerate even after, or in spite of, years of abuse.

I could easily drink a litre of scotch a day, quite happily, before giving it up a few years ago. Like you, I realized I was slowly killing myself.

I took your post to mean that you had gone through withdrawal in hospital under supervision and were sober now. I hope so!

You've found a good place with lots of support. I'm glad you're here.

magic xx
                      ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                      I am in the next seat.
                      My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Hey Harris - realy hope you're getting through the worst.... How's it going?
                        Thinking of you and looking forward to an update..
                        Onwards and upwards now...
                        Love FMF xx
                        :heart: c: :heart:
                        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Harris,

:welcome:

I can only imagine what the withdrawal from that much alcohol would have been like. Yikes!!

Glad you came out the other end and since you are online it means you are back at home.

Stay with us and read the book. It is a good place. We help each other.

Take care and pamper your body. It needs time to heal.

Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks for all your replies

Still going through the last stages of withdrawal and body is mostly one huge bruise apart from my face, but fortunately have the constitution of an Ox though I know that won't last if I continue. Thanks for your replies the support means a lot. I feel stronger but know I have a long, long way to go. Still Wake up every day and want to blot out my life through drinking but know I can't. Won't feel I've got somewhere until that feeling goes away. Have always been able to type even when hammered - just do it really carefully. Have finally got some quick intervention rather than the six or so weeks it takes here - making a difference. I found that when I wanted help, which I have done for a while, it takes so long by which time I'm back in the cycle. Making it so far and intend/have to continue. :thanks: Have to do an interview tomorrow which will be Diazepam assisted and if I make that I'll be celebrating with a tea rather than the usual. Hope all on here are doing well.

Comment

Harris welcome!!!! When I was drinking I could easily drink 3 bottles a day and would start early too. I have been sobber for almost 6 months. You can do this!!! It isn't easy and some days just plain suck, but coming here and posting and reading helps tremendously.

Comment

Working...
                              X