okay, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, now what?

Hi again and I thank all of you who wrote back to me. but now what? I'm still sitting here with all the stresses and another glass of wine. I'm really trying to figure out this web site. I've posted a bunch of stuff that don't show up. God, i need someone to walk me through this. I feel like such a dummy.
    how did YOU get to through your 1st night without drinking yourself inot oblivian?
    How do you deal with it all? Do you have a link to my e-mail address? if so, please talk to me. Please help.
    thank you again.
    Joe...

okay, now what?

Quick advice

Stop aftrer the second glass.

If you have the third glass tonight you will drink to oblivion. Drink water NOW and after this glass. Replace the wine with it. Try to sip not gulp any wine you do have.
    Enough is enough

Comment

okay, now what?

try moving the pointy thing on screen until it turns into a hand, then click your mouse. do it at the top of the page as well (though i wouldnt click on the ads, sorry RJ!)
      read as much as you can for now, you will only get frustrated trying to post and that might make you leave this site.

roxane

Comment

okay, now what?

Hey Newjoe, I guess I would try to tackle the stress issuses first. Try find a way of alleviating those areas of your life that are causing you grief. If there are things that need confronting, confront them, things that need doing, do them. Try a bit of exercise, even if its a brisk walk at 'wine time'. Little things like that will make you less likely to drink. You need to approach your life and make changes in an 'overall' way. If you just focus on not drinking it may be difficult for you.

Read and post here as often as you can so that you are learning whilst making new friends.

Best of luck.
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

okay, now what?

newjoe, I'm new to this site too and I am also trying to figure it out but please don't get stressed and leave the site. I won't be around to post for a few days but when I get back I will look to see if you are still posting. I wish I could be of more help.

Comment

okay, now what?

thank you, this is good advice. I'm glad I found this website. There's good peope here. keep in touch.

Comment

okay, now what?

Newjoe, my new computer is hooked up and I'm back on the site. Hope all is well with you. Deilight has started an alcohol free October thread if you are interested. There are quite a number of us who have joined the thread.

Comment

okay, now what?

Hi Newjoe -
                I'm new too and not very computer literate. I'm fumbling and finding my way. Stay with the site and look at all you can. It's not so important you post right now as much as reading and getting a feel for what is being offered. I hope to hear from you that you are finding your way and know everyone here is available so just ask if you need help. The more you stay connected, the more help you will find. WELOME!

Comment

Working...
                X