What I love about not drinking!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did this before and I found it helped me so much - thought it might be a good time, start of the month, a new commitment, new goals etc, to remind us why we're on this AF path...........

Shall I start?

1. Waking up in the night, feeling all cosy and knowing I can get back to sleep without any

panic attacks/anxiety over how much I've drank that day. That alone is worth it for me!

AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

* Having the patience for our children instead of being irritated and wanting to bury your head in the sand for the day.

Comment

3. No headache, shakes, muddled thinking.
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I love finally understanding that crutches are for the unfortunate elderly and infirm.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

No worrying about if I insulted anyone the previous night or if any of my friends are no longer speaking to me.

Comment

Not having to check my sent folder to see what nasty ramblings I may have emailed the night before.
            Marcie

Comment

Marcie,

That was me too, I remember the dread when approaching the computer.

m. xx
              ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
              I am in the next seat.
              My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

I turn my mobile off and put it away BEFORE I drank - the last couple of weeks though its been what did i post on here!!

Comment

From what I'm reading you are safe to post anything here because we all understand. I remember reading something from a book about a gal that had an addiction to alcohol and she used the phrase "drink and dial". Boy, do I relate to that! Sadly so. I cringe to think of the things I said and truths revealed when I wouldn't ordinarily speak a word. OUCH!! The worst part is not knowing what I have revealed, but know I have - many times!

Comment

Remembering where I was when I took this picture and who I was with...

now that would be a start.

Comment

I'm looking forward to a weekend morning that when I'm asked want to do go attend something I don't have to think 'is there a bar there?' or how many drinks to get me out of the house while not falling flat on my face.

No more planning shopping - will I have enough drink in the house for my comedown? Do I need some more?

A holiday where you see more than new bars

Treating people around you with the respect they deserve, and treating yourself with the respect you deserve.

Watching the end of films, hey remembering the start of the film the next day for that matter!

the list goes on and on and on

Comment

Waking up and not remembering going to bed the night before or what happened before it, ugh!!!

Rustop

Comment

Remembering everything from the day and night before!

Knowing I didn't insult/hit (yes, I get way aggressive!) someone or make a fool of myself.

Getting out of bed feeling "normal".

NO MORE IRRATIONAL FIGHTING WITH MY GF!

YAY!
                          Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                          Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

-Remember what I said & did the night before.
                            -Not waking up several times during the night in a sweat.
                            -Not feeling disappointed in myself in the morning.
                            -Not watching every word while I'm drinking (paranoia about slurring).
                            -More things than I can count...I love the confidence I have when I'm sober. I can do just about anything even if I mess up. It's a simple mistake when I'm sober. Mary
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Just waking up in the middle of the night without that nasty alcohol taste in my mouth. You know what I'm talking about?

Comment

Working...
                              X