Newbies in Need ODAT Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everyone. Hope you are all okay. Day 3 for me and I know I won't drink today.
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Alright, Janice! You are on a roll.

Things went well for me in the hotel last night. I had been up since 2 in the morning so by the time I got checked in, I was too tired to drink.

Unfortunately, I was not tired enough to sleep. So I posted here for a while then realized I was having trouble typing because my brain was so tired.

So, I went to bed, read a bit and fell asleep.

For me, that is a good night in a hotel. No wine!! (Saved lots of money and my liver thanks me this morning.)

Have a good day, all.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good morning Janice, Cindi and all to come

Miserable wet morning here but got in a short walk. Well done Janice on Day 3 and you Cindi on having an AF night in a hotel, it must be so hard.

Rustop

Comment

Hi ALL,
        Hope you are all feeling good today!

sorry i did not make it yeaterday had a drink. I will have to start today as a fresh new day.
        Ihate that feeling going backwards and forwards.
        family is everything to me

Comment

Teardrop,

Hang in there!! Every day you work towards your goal is better than any day you had no goal.

I started out in May here and 1 to 2 bottles of wine a night was a regularity for me.

I have not been able to go AF 30 days in a row yet, working on it, but I have reduced my drinking days, have many AF days, and have had very few "blow outs" like before.

So, I am making slow progress but progress. Some may feel I am not doing well but I feel I am doing great because prior to coming here, a day AF did not exist.

Now, I have strung AF days together and feel positive I can get there. Not just hopeful, positive. My goal is the whole month of October. I would love it and will work every day one day at a time until I get there.

Chin up and keep on working at it. :l

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

hi everyone,
            day 3 for me. i know i'm not going to have a drink today. i feel very fragile and emotional though..............
            AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
            There's fire in your eyes,
            Bite me, excite me,
            I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
            Brings eternal flame.
            Open me to heaven,
            To heal me again.

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread Janice and hi to everyone, I had problems posting yesterday but glad to say that it is the start of AF day 3 for me today (one day at a time) and as many of you before me I know I won't drink today because of two reasons: one because I've just made it official to my family at MWO and two because I'm doing the Lemonade Cleanse Diet in which you don't even get to eat never mind drink; so I'm all set. Good luck to everyone in achieving their goal today.

Take Care All

BS X
              It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

day 2

Good going everyone on their goals, teardrop, we have TODAY!!!!

Don't beat yourself up over yesterday and you will get through this, maybe gets easier I am off work and want to get alot done, so don't plan on drinking, hope I make it!! I hope we all doray:

Have a great morning, will check in later, love and hugs!!!!

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi Everyone: It's pretty late here, but I'm starting this thread anyway. I'm feeling strong, but there are always those thoughts that come up. I'm ready w/my gruesome, drunken Mary images whenever those drinking thoughts happen. Today, I passed my once-favorite liquor store & remembered my many trips down the wine aisle. I haven't been in that store since July & wouldn't trust myself in there now. Hope all is well w/my dear, dear MWO friends. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Janice: I started this thread wo/realizing you had to. I pasted my comment above. Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi All,

Day 3 for me as well. I would love to get through all of Oct AF. I did ok in Sep but did drink on 3 occasions and would feel so much better if I could get throuhg the whole month.

Cindi, like you I'm doing so much better than I was in the early part of the summer. We can get throug the whole month I know.
                      Rustop, I know you feel so much better now that you've completed Sep AF.
                      Bluesky. Do you eat anything besides lemonade on your diet????
                      Maryanne, I remember you froma while back good to see you!
                      Teardrop, start over again today. How many restarts have we all had......me .....many!!!
                      Mary, so nice to see your posts
                      Janice and WRM, we'll make it fine through day 3. It's nice to have AF days coincide with the date of the month. That way I will remember easily how many AF days I have. I haven't taken ginkgo biloba for a while.... too many other supps!!!!!!

Have a good day all

Janet

Comment

Hi, just checking in during the "witching hour" although I have got to say I feel fine. (Swam again this morning - exercise definitely helps!) At lunchtime my hubby surprised me and travelled all the way back so that he could take me out to lunch before he went back to his work function tonight and meeting tomorrow. We went for a pub lunch!! Yes, you did read that right! And, I had a fruit juice with my lunch, hubby didn't have a drink either. We then went into this lovely little village church that is so old, but it's like stepping into heaven....it's so peaceful, all you can hear, if anything, are the birds singing outside. It's in a place called Penshurst in Kent and its where we usually head for lately. Said a little prayer for dad and wished him a happy birthday. Tonight, I'm alone again but I've been invited to my neighbour's for a breast cancer fundraising cookery night - which should be fun. She did say, however, "come and have a few drinks, you haven't got far to stagger home!!" Will have to think of a good excuse!! It's funny, I just know I won't be persuaded to drink, just like at lunchtime. Maybe, fingers crossed, something's clicked, I don't know. Its certainly very early days but with this problem, you can feel like that one minute and then be craving the next! What I do know that even after 1 day I felt better and after 3 days I feel great. Why do we do it??
                        AF since 9 May 2012
                        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi Janice,
                          Sorry iam a day late with this message, just to let you know you are in my thoughs and thinking of you. like i said in my thread ,it will get easier. I find the more you can talk about the lost of your father, the easier it will get. Believe me your heart will heal in time and will get stronger. Also a great healer is if you need to cry, just cry. I still do and it does help. I hope those few words will help you through today.
                          I know want you mean about this site can be addicted,( better than drinking).

Take care!
                          Teardrop.xx
                          family is everything to me

Comment

just hit day three, well 72 hours exactly, not sure how I am going to make it through the football game tonight, maybe a couple wont hurt, then sober again on Friday, then there is football this weekend, ugh...

Comment

Working...
                            X