NEWBIES IN NEED ODAT FRIDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a good day yesterday and managed your goal. That first day AF is such a big hurdle and if you managed to do that yesterday well done for you! Great again to see such a long thread and full of enthusiasm, I love this thread, it keeps me afloat. Lets keep it going...

Day 5 for me and I have to say no ...touchwood.. real urges that I have had to fight. Like you say cowgal & gone, the weekend looms and is always a challenge....that's when my husband allows himself his wine (he doesn't drink weekdays!). I know he will try to support me and if I asked him, he would go without - but like I've said before, this is my problem not his. The box of wine has been in the fridge all week untouched so I am going to tackle this weekend as if it was just a weekday and try not to make such a big deal of it. I did buy myself some alcohol free wine just in case but I don't want to touch it unless I'm absolutely desperate - its the habit of thinking I'm drinking that I also want to break.

Rustop, take care of yourself - know you have a busy few days with your cousin, hope its not too stressful for you both - try and log in when you can otherwise we will miss you!!

Okay everyone, must get ready for work...feel really tired this morning yet feel as if I have been drinking even though I've been sleeping really well. But I remember feeling like this last time.

Good luck for today and the weekend!!

Janicexx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Hi Janice and all to come.

Great to hear you`re doing so well, Janice and that the cravings haven`t been too bad. I can relate to the tiredness.........I really felt so drained when I quit.......lasted quite a while, but guess my body is starting to recover as I have been feeling fabulous just since yesterday........long may it continue. The radical improvement in how I feel really does "show" me how much damage I must have been doing myself by drinking every night.

Also Janice, I understand what you`re saying about this being your problem and not your hubby`s, but since he`s not much of a drinker and would happily abstain throughout the weekend to support your AF, I would be inclined to ask him to do so........we really do need all the help we can get. Am almost 10 wks. sober and haven`t kept any drink in the house in all that time.........I really do think it`s easier not to drink when it`s not on the premises. lol

Anyway..........hope everyone has a great Friday!!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Janice, Star, RU, Cowgal, Gone, Bluesky, Mary and all others,

Good really early morning from Alabama.

My AF brain fog is still not lifting. I fell into sleep shortly after dinner last night in my hotel room. (Went to grocery store and bought food so I didn't have to go by the hotel bar.)

I fell asleep somewhere around 6:00 and woke up at 2:30 -- go figure -- so I will have a long day ahead of me today. But that is okay. Whatever it takes!!

Janice, I agree with Star. I would remove alcohol from the house. Would you keep heroin around if there was heroin addict living there?? Give yourself some time before you let that kind of temptation sit in front of you. Of course, my hubby could care less if there was anything to drink in the house, so it is easy for me to say...

Okay. It is Friday, which for me is no temptation because it is usually a travel day, but the weekend LOOMS. The weekend habit is hard for many of us to break but WE CAN DO IT!!

Mary, you and I need to get through yet another Sunday sober. My plan is to bring the boys over early and have them work on something with me for dessert so that I stay distracted with something much better than wine. They will love the attention and I will just enjoy their company -- which is MUCH better than wine anyday.

All, please have a great day today and I hope you all achieve your goals, whatever they are.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi everyone,
        Iam with you db2 for the weekend it will be hard ,i know we can do this! We all can!
        you know last night- it seems like i can't do nothing right, i go to bed early the kids don't like me going up before them. if i drink i know they dont like it. i feel so ashame of myself drinking in front of the kids. special when they got to the age and come home from school saying smoking and drinking is a drug it can kill you.( this is a few years ago now)
        my answer was i have not got a problem, its when someone drinks early in the morning, i realize it does not matter what time in the day you drink, we all have that special time.
        I hope history does NOT REPEAT itself.

Good luck to everyone today.xxx
        Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

Good morning everyone

Just a quick hello as we are off to the hospital to have the chemo pump removed. My daughters birthday is tomorrow so we will probably do something nice, I'll leave it up to her. So I have a busy few days but still want to check in on this thread, its so positive and I really enjoy your posts. Hope the week-end goes well for everyone.

Rustop

Comment

hi everyone,
            i didn't post on this thread yesterday but didn't drink, thank god, so its day 5 for me.

i can't say that i've had any really bad cravings and even though the weekend is here i know i wont drink.

i am feeling terrible anxiety and depression though, which is making thinking positive difficult for me. i'm going to go back to my doctor and try to be more assertive in getting all the help i can.

the 40mg of prozac don't seem to be working but i'm still taking them. the olanzapine for bipolar knocked me sideways and zombiefied me (soz bout spelling). i don't want to feel drugged or intoxicated anymore, so i stopped taking them.

teardrop,
            i know what you mean with regards to your kids. mine used to come home and say the exact same thing. my children are 14, 13 & 11 and unfortuneatly they now know i have a problem. i hope history doesn't repeat, its something i am terrified of. they don't really know their father, i left him when i was pregnant with my youngest, but there's alcoholism on his side of the family also. i have talked to them about the dangers and how addictive it is. but i have been a terrible example, i can only hope that i've put them off.

i know that my posts are always depressing, i'm really going to try and be more positive for myself, my children and you guys. i really want to be positive and help people here, i just feel i haven't got it to give right now. i have to feel it myself to pass it on otherwise i don't feel genuine. hope you can understand that.

your all so positive it puts me to shame. i've been living in the past and its keeping me there. i've heard the phrase 'pity party' on one of the threads. god, that couldn't be a better decription of my mind set right now. it HAS to STOP. i don't want to be a dry drunk.

if anyone has any positive mantras or affirmations for me i would be very grateful.

I hope everyone has a positive day and meet there goals.

love
            want
            :h:l
            AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
            There's fire in your eyes,
            Bite me, excite me,
            I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
            Brings eternal flame.
            Open me to heaven,
            To heal me again.

Comment

oh dear,
              sorry rustop, we posted at the same time and there you are saying how positive this thread is and i come along with my negativity. ooops
              i will get better just don't want to be fake.
              hope all goes well at the hospital today and i hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday tomorrow.
              take care
              want
              xx
              AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
              There's fire in your eyes,
              Bite me, excite me,
              I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
              Brings eternal flame.
              Open me to heaven,
              To heal me again.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                I haven't done much for the past few days, I don't seem to be able to lift this awful depression. I haven't had a drink for 5 days, posting now to take my mind off having
                a drink. I don't understand how I could have gone 6 months af, and then keep lapsing.
                Sorry, Want, you sound as though your in the same boat as me. Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your daughters birthday Rust, Cindi, Mary, I wish you your sober week/end
                and every body else.
                Love Paula. xx

Comment

I may need some encouraging words today, I slipped last night, made it till 8pm then had 4 beers during the game, at least I stopped before I drank them all. I really need today to be AF, I made it 3 in a row and need to keep at it. At least I didn't drink in front of the kids, do you know how it makes you feel telling a 3 year old that it's daddy's juice, just like theirs. My co-worker just was talking about TGIF, you know, I feel just the opposite, I am dreading the weekend!

Comment

Me too,am dreading the weekend
                    We are in it together so a hand to you xx

Comment

Everyone: What an encouraging thread today! I also wish everyone a sober weekend. Thanks Cindi for your best wishes for Sunday. I too will see the g-sons & will do something special. Why would I want to blot out my time w/2 adorable kids?

Tonight we're having a dinner that involves wine. I've got plenty of soda for myself. I too find it much easier when there is nothing in the house. However, every once in a while, we have a social get-together that involves alcohol. I can do this tonight. Tomorrow night we're going to someone else home for dinner (which will involve alcohol). I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. However, I've done AF before while everyone else was drinking, & I can do it again. I must remember that no one drinks the way I did. They can have their 1 or 2 glasses wo/any problems. Good Luck! Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

messed up

I am back at day 1..........got really upset and ended up drinking before, during and after dinner.........not proud of that, and DREAD starting over w/ a weekend!!:upset:

I think maybe I will try an AA meeting, even though it hasn't worked for me yet:

Don't know what else to do, I am sooooooo frustrated and sad but I know I can get the strength to do it again, but just worried about weekends, don't do them too well:sigh: :help!

Any support or guidelines or advice would be greatly appreciated guys!!

Love you all, you give me hope:thanks:

MA
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hey cowgal, its not the weekend yet, lets just do today first for starters!

Comment

Hi Wantrealmeaning,
                            I can understand you feeling genuine- hang in there.REMEMBER we are all in the same boat. you should not feel ashame of yourself. - everytime i come on this site something little seems to come out of my pasts,( hoping like you) that i can move on.

Hang in there cowgal - it seems like we all worried about the weekend. I thought i had tonight planout, my little girl goes youth club does not finish till 10pm i pick her up and i will go staight to bed, but now she does not want to go tonight . iam hoping when i go shoping now that i don't buy no WINE!

Bests of luck to you all 4tonight.

Teardrop.xxxx
                            family is everything to me

Comment

Cowgirl: I'm a member of Alanon (our son has drinking/drug problems). I like the 12 steps, & I've been to AA meetings. Take what you like & leave the rest. I find that the more I do regarding abs, the stronger my committment. Mary
                              PS: Good luck!
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X